Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feel slighted by Tesla rant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For you apologists, the "I love my scam" comments are funny for sure. I got a good chuckle out of them. But let's get real. What Tesla did was wrong. They stole something that was promised and that the OP actually had in his account for quite a while before Tesla "decided" they'd made a mistake. Don't enable Tesla further by dismissing something like this with a witty retort that makes fun of the guy posting about a real issue.

Now if Tesla had delivered the car without the FUSC, he could have fought that battle right there with his DS. But they left it there for over a year making it virtually impossible for the OP to do anything about it unless it had been written into the contract. But for a year, his account page say "Free unlimited supercharging".
So if your bank accidentally deposits money into your account do you get to keep it? Nope sure dont.

So if your bank accidentally deposits money into your account do you get to keep it? Nope sure dont.

Specious and not apples to apples. He was TOLD he had FUSC and it showed in his account for MORE than a year. Also your example is additionally flawed because statute of limitations for "unjust enrichment" mistakes vary hugely by state by scenario. If enough time goes by you totally get to keep that money. If the mistake is not in your favor, you lose the money if you don't deal with it soon enough.

purchased my car in 2018 with referral, ordered in July, got the car in mid-September but rejected it due to paint defects. Owner Advisor found a replacement car and delivered it to me early October with the premise that I could still have free unlimited supercharging (it was showing in my account all this time). Now Tesla has removed it without any notification (starting in January and they initially brushed it off as a system error), now my Owner Advisor left and they refuse to give me unlimited supercharging a year after.

BUYER BEWARE!! Their customer service is the worse I've seen. Thought I'd share it with others but will be speaking with my lawyer shortly.
Are you actually getting charged for charging or is it just that your on-line account doesn't show free supercharging? My online account switched to "pay per use supercharging" on my 3 but i've never actually paid anything.

• Informative
Reactions: maximizese
Specious and not apples to apples. He was TOLD he had FUSC and it showed in his account for MORE than a year. Also your example is additionally flawed because statute of limitations for "unjust enrichment" mistakes vary hugely by state by scenario. If enough time goes by you totally get to keep that money. If the mistake is not in your favor, you lose the money if you don't deal with it soon enough.
Did you actually read what the law states for each state and the policy for each bank? Probably not. You should read the fine print that you signed when you opened an account. All banks will have language that enabled them to get their money back. As far as comparing this to the ops experience well it's pretty similar in many ways.

• Disagree
Reactions: am_dmd and sorka
You realize that $20 is like filling up twice at an SC, right? For me, out of the 40K miles I drive a year, about 10K miles / year is from supercharging which is just over $800 / year with the SC rates in California.

Similar situation here. I put around 24,000 supercharger-powered miles on my S over the past 22 months. So "free" supercharging can be worth a fair chunk of change to some people (roughly $1,200 per year for me).

Unless they leave it past the statute of limitations which varies by state to state and type of of unjust enrichment. Again, not even remotely the same comparison.
Something you get that you were not suppose to have in the first place, so yup sure seems alike to me.

And since your obviously more internet smart than me please provide such statute of limitations for me to gain some much needed knowledge o_O

Was he supposed to have it? Last time I checked the op hadn't shown any proof or documentation that shows this.

If that were the case, this thread would never have exiseted. I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not lying. By leaving the FUSC on his account for over a year, Tesla made it virtually impossible for him to address it at the time of delivery shortly after delivery.

Should he have at least gotten it in writing from his DS before accepting delivery? You bet but that doesn't mean he wasn't promised it and given that he had it, I believe him when he says he was promised FUSC.

Reactions: TMSfanatic
If that were the case, this thread would never have exiseted. I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not lying. By leaving the FUSC on his account for over a year, Tesla made it virtually impossible for him to address it at the time of delivery shortly after delivery.

Should he have at least gotten it in writing from his DS before accepting delivery? You bet but that doesn't mean he wasn't promised it and given that he had it, I believe him when he says he was promised FUSC.
I'm not saying he wasnt promised and I give everyone the benefit if the doubt but if theres nothing to back up or substantiate his story then I'm more hesitant. There are always many sides to every story. Weve only been provided 1 of those sides.

And anyone can start any thread they want whether its truthful or not.

Reactions: sorka
Status
Not open for further replies.