Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all,
My filter canister arrived yesterday (race glaze one that's been linked). Also bought a tester from Amazon and my tap water is at 276ppm so looking forward to testing it post cylinder!

@TM3P1 Wish you were closer! I'd see if you fancied doing mine!! How much would full treatment like that normally be?
Let us know how you get on with the filter.... watching closely !

Thanks for the offers guys. I guess I have no idea how much it costs professionally, perhaps £300+ for a decent job.

Unfortunately the NHS is keeping me more than busy and to date not even the neighbour has been afforded a detail so it’s unlikely I’ll be able to offer my services. More than happy to help with any questions on technique or products though.

Reactions: Chalks99
More than happy to help with any questions on technique or products though.

Can you ceramic coat on top of ceramic coat? Not really topping up, but I often wonder if part of ours was missed so was wondering if I could apply some more just to be sure. It may just be the low pressure area on boot lid, rear/side of rear bumper that attracts the dirt vut I would have thought that it would have just rinsed off with rain from what I have seen of others cars - still needs a wipe when washing.

Also, what products to ceramic coat over Xpel ppf? I got mine redone so any coating on the original would have ended up in the bin.

Thanks

Can you ceramic coat on top of ceramic coat? Not really topping up, but I often wonder if part of ours was missed so was wondering if I could apply some more just to be sure. It may just be the low pressure area on boot lid, rear/side of rear bumper that attracts the dirt vut I would have thought that it would have just rinsed off with rain from what I have seen of others cars - still needs a wipe when washing.

Also, what products to ceramic coat over Xpel ppf? I got mine redone so any coating on the original would have ended up in the bin.

Thanks

I don't see why you couldn't re-apply over any missed areas, clean with panel wipe first then re-apply.

For the PPF Gtechniq Halo is supposed to be great :)

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger

Thanks

You can definitely apply ceramic over ceramic...as the solvents in the new ceramic will remove the old ceramic.
I would recommend preparing the panel adequately though. Ideally you want to decontaminate, clay if needed and then polish with a polish that doesn’t contain enhancers (so the Menzerna (like I used). Panel wipe (use Gtechniq - it is one of their finest products) and then apply ceramic. Leave for 6-12 hours in a garage to set.

You can apply a LSP which would temporarily do the same job (if you don’t have time for the procedure as described above) - something like Gyeon Cure is ideal for that or Gtechniq Exo V4.

I’m not too sure about ppf but I would think it’s not different to apply ceramic to any other part, make sure it’s cleaned with panel wipe then coat with whatever ceramic coating you choose.

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
New Pressure washer arrived! - Just need to wait for a cooler / dry weekend.

IMG_7773.jpg

Reactions: Durzel and Chalks99
That's a very well kept lawn. :)

Artificial, looks like that all year long :)

Try a Karcher wet vac! Semi serious so long as it has no infill. I'm assuming its not real grass. If I'm wrong, apologies, very impressive. Either way, it looks very good.

They put sand down to help keep it flat, so don't really want to vac it if I can help it. The company that installed it offer a service to come and clean, disinfect (we do that anyway because of the dogs) and sort out the pile for not much cash.

It's a huge improvement for us, two dogs that seem to have pee that can destroy any grass! Totally wrecked the lawn in the last house, then this one before getting this done.

I did a time-lapse video of the installers doing the job, but it's a bit off topic :D

Finally got to use the K4 at the weekend (before it started raining, which according to the weather forecast wasn't going to happen!) - much quieter than my old one, nice and powerful too :)

Someone even bought my old broken one for £20, so that helped bring the cost down as well :D

Reactions: Chalks99