Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Learnt something new today, not strictly car cleaning... but charger cleaning!

The lead on my Tesla charger has gone very grey, someone had mentioned about making a dry looking O ring black again with WD40..

So today, I sprayed some WD40 into a micro fibre cloth, and ran it along the length of the hose, it’s now a nice black again! :)

Snow foam (Bilt hamber auto foam), pressure wash, shampoo (Born to be mild), pressure wash, filtered rinse, towel dry and finally Gyeon quick detailer

3E055F85-D156-4BDE-9631-246204CCBA07.jpeg

The lead on my Tesla charger has gone very grey, someone had mentioned about making a dry looking O ring black again with WD40..

So today, I sprayed some WD40 into a micro fibre cloth, and ran it along the length of the hose, it’s now a nice black again! :)

You'll probably find it's covered in dust tomorrow as WD40 tends to stay sticky once it's "dried", GT85 gives the same result but without the stickiness, from my experience of using to restore the appearance of an off-road radio control car.

Reactions: DaveW

I'd prefer to use GummiPflege for this. It's designed to keep door and window seals lubricated like new and works great for these things. Also highly recommend you use this for all your seals for winterizing. I use Sonax GummiPflege Sift for the winter.

Just seen that Karcher have refurb K4 full controls for £148 delivered:

Karcher K4 Full Control Pressure Washer - Refurbished 4054278045016 | eBay

New user here. Picking up my M3SR+ this afternoon. Very excited. Useful tips here on keeping it looking nice.

I discovered that Karcher Outlet sell stuff on their own web site cheaper than they do on their ebay shop, so I picked up a K4 yesterday for £132.78 delivered. The same item was listed at £151 on ebay.
Karcher Outlet

New user here. Picking up my M3SR+ this afternoon. Very excited. Useful tips here on keeping it looking nice.

I discovered that Karcher Outlet sell stuff on their own web site cheaper than they do on their ebay shop, so I picked up a K4 yesterday for £132.78 delivered. The same item was listed at £151 on ebay.
Karcher Outlet

Nice one! - Enjoy the new car and the new jet wash :D

Let me just say that polishing scratches out of windows is a royal pain in the a.... I've been doing one window at a time and spent the last 5 nights, 4 hours a night, polishing. I had literally hundreds of microscratches all over every window due to a shoddy detailer that must have used an abrasive rag or sponge. I was too late to ask for remuneration as I only discovered it days later. Replacing all the glass costs a small fortune. I've got the time and the right tools, but man does this take time and patience and a lot of effort. HAHA! Glass is nearly perfect now but I still have a few stubborn ones to go. Really can't wait to finish so I can throw on a fresh coat of Kamikaze Intenso protective coating and be done.

Carpro Ceriglass polish, Carpro Rayon Glass Polishing pads and a swirl killer polisher. And no need for the gym for awhile.

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647
You can tell it's getting colder, the discounts on outdoorsy stuff is starting, expecting the BBQ prices to drop soon too :D

Don't forget to use TopCashBack for Screwfix purchases too, it's only 1.65% but it's still money back you wouldn't have otherwise got. If anyone hasn't signed up for TCB and wants a referral (we both get some free money once you've passed a threshold of cash back) drop me a PM :)

You can tell it's getting colder, the discounts on outdoorsy stuff is starting, expecting the BBQ prices to drop soon too :D

Don't forget to use TopCashBack for Screwfix purchases too, it's only 1.65% but it's still money back you wouldn't have otherwise got. If anyone hasn't signed up for TCB and wants a referral (we both get some free money once you've passed a threshold of cash back) drop me a PM :)
Change of seasons is my favourite time to shop. Waiting for the prices to drop so I can pick up a bbq, a sun shade/sail and a pressure washer. :)

Reactions: DaveW and boater291
has anyone applied a ceramic coating themselves? I was chatting to a neighbour yesterday who told me it's easy enough to apply yourself (just time consuming). Quite like the idea of saving ~£500 and doing it myself panel by panel.

I applied some Meguiar's perfect clarity glass sealant at the weekend and that was easy enough, glass work looks great now - just need some rain to test it!

I've done it in the past, but lack of garage (well, lack of usable garage) prevented me this time round, I put together a small guide here: Applying a ceramic coating to your Tesla at home

Reactions: boater291
Change of seasons is my favourite time to shop. Waiting for the prices to drop so I can pick up a bbq, a sun shade/sail and a pressure washer. :)
I got an awesome deal on a snow shovel in July. Did get a funny look from the delivery driver though.

• Funny
Reactions: ElRey and webbah
Great set of products there @Medved_77 - I think Wet Coat is amazing, reapplied on my wife's car the other week, the water can barely stay on the car :)

Just be careful in the unlikely event of hot weather / bright sunshine (saying to someone in Scotland in what will be October :D)