Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car last Friday, so of course my first couple of days was spent cleaning and protecting it!

I tried out a couple of products new to me, AutoGlym UHD Ceramic Coating and Auto Finesse Caramics Glass.

I know both of them aren't true ceramic coatings like gtechniq, but I don't currently have a garage big enough to fit the car into to do it!

Both of them are extremely easy to apply (Auto Finesse are wipe based!) / remove and left some nice beading on the car in the rain.

IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0673.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Roy W.
I picked up my car last Friday, so of course my first couple of days was spent cleaning and protecting it!

I tried out a couple of products new to me, AutoGlym UHD Ceramic Coating and Auto Finesse Caramics Glass.

I know both of them aren't true ceramic coatings like gtechniq, but I don't currently have a garage big enough to fit the car into to do it!

Both of them are extremely easy to apply (Auto Finesse are wipe based!) / remove and left some nice beading on the car in the rain.

View attachment 593675 View attachment 593676 View attachment 593677

Beading on the glass looks intense! - The Gtechniq class coatings can be done outdoors as long as it's dry, hopefully you won't need to worry about it looking at those pictures :)

Reactions: crouchy
We use Autoglym Polar Seal (but not directly on windscreen) and gives really good beading - we recently had all roof glass replaced and only took the one wash for the roof to start to nicely bead. I really like the way when applying it seems to start to repel itself.

So many great products out there now that offer some really good hydrophobic properties, wet coat is amazing for spray on rinse off.

I still sort of miss polishing and waxing a car though, quick detailer isn't quiet the same :)

Break in the weather so managed to get out and do a maintenance wash.

Tried two new products, Gyeon Wet Coat and Silicon oil for the tyres and applied the XPEL ceramic boost for the second time during ownership.

I'm now waiting impatiently for it to start raining so that I can see the impact of the wet coat.

20201004_142452.jpg

20201004_142429.jpg

Back in May, I bought a Meguiars snow foam kit. I’ve used virtually all the liquid and there is not one single occasion where the foam has dispersed properly. I had my pressure washer serviced just in case. My mains water pressure is really good.
After a number of discussions with Meguiars helpline they’ve suggested I return it as faulty.
My suspicion is that my pressure washer is at the bottom end of being within spec for the task.
I’ve wound the foam flow to max, closed the blades as much as possible, doubled the quantity of foam liquid and still get a watery mix. It only starts clinging just as the mixture is running out.
Has anyone used a Meguiars kit successfully?
I either need to get a refund to replace it with something different or get the same again. Thoughts anyone?

Back in May, I bought a Meguiars snow foam kit. I’ve used virtually all the liquid and there is not one single occasion where the foam has dispersed properly. I had my pressure washer serviced just in case. My mains water pressure is really good.
After a number of discussions with Meguiars helpline they’ve suggested I return it as faulty.
My suspicion is that my pressure washer is at the bottom end of being within spec for the task.
I’ve wound the foam flow to max, closed the blades as much as possible, doubled the quantity of foam liquid and still get a watery mix. It only starts clinging just as the mixture is running out.
Has anyone used a Meguiars kit successfully?
I either need to get a refund to replace it with something different or get the same again. Thoughts anyone?

Never tried the Meguiars kit personally, but a quick Google makes it look like a branded generic lance.

They should work, so hopefully it’s just a faulty one.

That said, don’t worry too much about a thick foam, something like Bilt Hamber auto foam goes on really thin but does a great job

Never tried the Meguiars kit personally, but a quick Google makes it look like a branded generic lance.

They should work, so hopefully it’s just a faulty one.

That said, don’t worry too much about a thick foam, something like Bilt Hamber auto foam goes on really thin but does a great job
When I spray it just runs straight off. It’s almost like using washing up liquid!

Does anyone have any alternatives to the snow foam step in many cleaning routines where the intention is to remove dirt etc before the mitt touches the paint? I don't have the ease of access to the car for a lance/pressure washer (but can manage a hose).

I was thinking a spray with this then hose might be a good alternative but keen to hear from others. Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguair`s-G180224EU-Multi-Purpose-Cleaner/dp/B06WVCYR9J

Does anyone have any alternatives to the snow foam step in many cleaning routines where the intention is to remove dirt etc before the mitt touches the paint? I don't have the ease of access to the car for a lance/pressure washer (but can manage a hose).

I was thinking a spray with this then hose might be a good alternative but keen to hear from others. Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguair`s-G180224EU-Multi-Purpose-Cleaner/dp/B06WVCYR9J
You can still use snow foam but with a manual pressure applicator:

IK Foam Pro 2 Sprayer

I'm in the same situation and bought a Gloria FM30 pump based foamer and modified it so I can connect my battery powered compressor. It holds 3 liters and with 3 bar of pressure. Works great when I take it to a 24/7 DIY car wash. Always get looks by others there for that and also when I break out my battery powered leaf blower for the touchless dry afterwards!

Gloria FM30 Foam Sprayer Incl. Top Foaming Shampoo 1 Litre for sale

Here's one in the UK on ebay, most of the sites I know are in French or German where I live.