Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Alexander, Mar 1, 2013.
Did anyone else get this email? (see below)
Yup. I thought my window closed a month ago.
The base price on the MyTesla page had gone up by $2500. Today it's back down to $49900.
Damn it! I had let my prudent self convince me that I needed to defer until late summer.
I'm trying to keep my finances pretty and spare cash ready until I finish off some other big purchases.
So, finalizing last month would bring delivery too soon (April?). Now, June would be OK and May, tricky but do-able.
And I'm saving $2500! Maybe upgrade to the 85! With SC it's only $5500 over what I was going to pay (the not-prudent me).
Sooo, if I'm not getting air I wonder if the delivery will be June-ish.
Well, another week to decide.
I also want either grey (which I've driven) or the green which I've never seen. Any Green S's in SoCal?
I'd love to see one on a sunny day.
I'm in the exact same boat... June or July would be best for me, but an early delivery is do-able... ugh, ill decide next week
That's really good of them to do that. Tesla did the right thing again. Colour me impressed.
Yes got that email too.
Almost exact same story as Sparky's here too. Only or me, it's P85 vs. 85. Ugh.
Right now my daily commute is 60 miles, and common family trips in two directions that are 180 miles flat, and the other 115 mountainous miles away. So 60 and 40 packs aren't in my picture, lest I want more of a commuter car. To me that's a compromise of the car.
I could buy the car today, if I wanted to finance 80% of it. Don't want the payment, and would rather pay cash. And I have a cash transaction coming up that has taken longer than I wanted to finalize - about 60 to 90 days away now.
Then I struggle with leveraging this and some other money I could tap for a real estate transaction instead to actually generate income (novel idea huh?), or take this coming money and put it into the kids college funds (certainly pragmatic), or THIS car now. Double UGH.
This has been killing me... EVERY day!
And all I can say, is that Tesla is doing everything right. This is phenomenal customer service and tact. How much more gracious could they be?!
I sent an email to Tesla with my concerns about taking delivery too soon. This morning, I got a call from a Tesla rep who said that based on the configuration I listed (Green or Grey, 60 or 85, pano, leather, tech, sound, 19", standard suspension );
if I finalized this week, my delivery window would be late May early June... perfect.
Then, I mentioned my dilemma about never having seen a Green Model S; she suggested I contact the Service Center and see if they had a Green one being prepped for delivery or possibly in for service... brilliant.
I called the SC on Santa Monica Blvd and spoke to Byron. He was very helpful, and said yes, they had a Green S (among others) in the shop right now and I should check in with him and he would let me have a look... cool.
I took a long lunch break and drove on over.
First thing I noticed is that shop is gonna be way too small for L.A with the number of Teslas coming down the pike. They were packed in there, 6 Model S' (Sig Red, White, Grey, Blue come to mind) and at least that many Roadsters, barely room to maneuver it seemed.
The shop was not really well lit but the Green was right by a big window and it was sunny out so that helped.
She was quite a sight! Clearly not meant for internet exposure like that flirty Red.
Pensive, deep, almost unfathomable, with many layers of tone. Classic yet, a hint of badness. I was in love.. Byron let us have a moment.
Which red do you consider "flirty"? Just curious.
Multi-coat of course.
I admire Sig-Red's style and confidence and she doesn't keep us waiting like that MC-Red.
FYI: Both Sig Red and ... um ... "2013 Red" are multi-coat.
But I think I get your meaning.
I just finalized and did the MVPA Docusign. $2500 less and my delivery should be just late enough to maintain my financial sanity.
So, this email worked for me. Thanks Tesla.
Anyone else take the bait?
After a week of intense waffling, I caved in and decided to buy. I was originally thinking of waiting another year and possibly switch to the X. But the $2.5k off tipped the scale for me
[edit:] Blue, 85KWh, air, tan nappa, tech, audio (no pano or wall charger)
You won't regret it. It's an awesome car!
Looks like Tesla is working to fill the delivery pipeline for the June quarter - smart move!