Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally got a P100D loaner!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after a few years of service visits I finally got an S P100D loaner! Except they nuttered it! :( Speed limit mode is on and so it's locked to chill mode. Apparently it's a new policy they say due to too many people running the loaners too hard.

I got a P100D with 200 miles on it back in July as a loaner. I was so stoked untill I got in the car and saw it was locked in Chill mode. I get why they do it but I thought nice loaners was supposed to be a way to get owners to upgrade to newer cars. All I wanted was to do a few hundred Ludi launches that day haha.

Reactions: 1375mlm
I got a P100D with 200 miles on it back in July as a loaner. I was so stoked untill I got in the car and saw it was locked in Chill mode. I get why they do it but I thought nice loaners was supposed to be a way to get owners to upgrade to newer cars. All I wanted was to do a few hundred Ludi launches that day haha.
Oh God don’t remind me of that!
Can’t recall how many times I’ve taken my car in for service or repair expecting to get a nicer model s as per the “top end model” policy, only to be stuck in an enterprise ford.

Locking it to say 85mph is ok but locking it in chill mode? That is counter productive. I have never seen that.

A P100d is a chance to impress someone to upgrade, or better yet, convert and ICE buyer to EV. Locking it makes no sense.

Exactly the reason we bought a P100D. Once you’ve driven ludicrous and tried lud plus, it’s hard to drive anything else. That’s the whole point of a P100D, a total blast to drive.

I have friends who collect and race Porsches but the P100D is way more fun to drive than any two seater roadster... and you can carry a bunch of kids and all their stuff too.