Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearm storage pictures only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jkdman123
Quite a few agencies still use the Beretta 92F series and S&W 59 series with slide mounted safeties on each. Although I have knowledge of my fair share of different agencies SOP's, I know zero that require safety on carry except for the 1911 ones.

Most southern agencies require the duty gun to be in a locked container. The trunk and glovebox are both usually recognized as acceptable. But its usually a rare issue as the gun is usually on the cop, not in the trunk.

Reactions: X-pilot
At first I thought @Garlan Garner was kidding with those replies. I guess he's serious.
After over two decades of L.E. and a large portion teaching firearms to Tier One units, I have learned that firearms discussions with anti firearms people is like arguing with pit bull owners. They have their own opinions, facts wont sway them, its a pointless argument. I just do my best to educate.

The bigger question to the OP is...Is the firearm you are mounting your secondary weapon, and if its not, why is it not on you. It does you no good when you step out the car. CCW's save lives. If its your backup, and no need to conceal it, consider something with a higher capacity.

All respectfully stated.

Its a backup in case of emergency for the road, as for all the costco and safeway I'll take my chances.

Reactions: NOLADriver
I agree with this. Law enforcement has mandated a loaded chamber since forever. And no pistol used by law enforcement has a safety (that I know of). Do cops have accidental discharges (or negligent discharges, or whatever terminology is in vogue)? Sometimes. But on balance, it’s universally agreed that the reduced time of employment outweighs the risk of a ND, especially if you train correctly.

As for ‘storage’ in a car, my opinion is that neither the magnet nor the glovebox are viable ‘storage’ options for walking away and leaving the gun there. Most police departments absolutely forbid their officers from ever leaving an duty firearm in a privately owned vehicle unattended because they invariably end up being stolen. Some feds allow it if it’s locked in a secure container that’s firmly attached to the vehicle, but that’s an expensive option.

While I technically agree with the logic behind condition 0 and if a gun not ready to shoot is not a gun I have personally opted against it for various safety reasons. The cons out weigh the pros for me in condition 0 through various scenarios played out in my head, but having a firearm ultimately out weighs not having one when needed, goes the old saying better to have and not need it vs need it and not have it. So Im going to have it, in its safest form, no round in camber, and if the slim chance of "that" being the end of me so be it, I'll take my chances over the cons of accidental discharge.

And to Garlan, the more you educate your self on firearms the safer you will realize, we are all skeptical of things we don't know very much.

Any one else with pics?

I'm English, so...

K9803-2T.jpg

So, 4 pages in this thread so far and not one serious photo in reply to the OP's request.

It's like when you ask for photos of other owner's rims/wraps/tints etc. and all you get are replies telling you why rims/wraps/tints are awful and you shouldn't have them.

o_O

Sorry I can't contribute either, but over here we can only carry guns in our vehicles to and from the range so most just hide them away in the trunk out of site.

Reactions: Leeclanual
If I'm held up...I'll just give up everything that I have.

i don't walk around with anything worth my life.

I guess that's the difference.

I wonder....in the US.....are there more people that ARE held up than not?
I knew a kid in college who got robbed at gunpoint. Took his wallet and the bottle of whiskey he had just purchased. It was quite a bummer of a night. I guess it would’ve been a better (more exciting?) outcome if he had pulled out a gun and killed the guy instead.

One of my employees actually drove over a guys foot while he was trying to steal her car at gunpoint. Perhaps it would’ve been better for her to reach into a hidden compartment and search for a gun with which to blow his head off.

Those are the only two people I can think of out of everyone I know. I’ve lived in NJ and Philly my whole life though, so I can only assume it’s way more common outside of the northeast.

Perhaps Chicago isn’t as dangerous as these places either?

• Funny
Reactions: BEPA400
I knew a kid in college who got robbed at gunpoint. Took his wallet and the bottle of whiskey he had just purchased. It was quite a bummer of a night. I guess it would’ve been a better (more exciting?) outcome if he had pulled out a gun and killed the guy instead.

One of my employees actually drove over a guys foot while he was trying to steal her car at gunpoint. Perhaps it would’ve been better for her to reach into a hidden compartment and search for a gun with which to blow his head off.

Those are the only two people I can think of out of everyone I know. I’ve lived in NJ and Philly my whole life though, so I can only assume it’s way more common outside of the northeast.

or you could use the gun to deter them from stealing your stuff ? o_O You don’t have to pull the trigger ...

Reactions: X-pilot
or you could use the gun to deter them from stealing your stuff ? o_O You don’t have to pull the trigger ...

Correct. In another lifetime, as a mid-level enlisted sailor living off-base in Norfolk, VA, in a neighborhood befitting of my salary (i.e. ungentrified), I had a CCP for my .45ACP Taurus.

My police officer neighbor recommended a laser sight. I'm not THAT bad of a shot, but he told me "it's not for you, it's for them. Once they see that dot on them, they tend to stop whatever it was they were doing."

Kill a guy for your wallet and a bottle of whiskey would be exciting?

Ok....you guys are right….. this discussion isn't for me.

I would just depend on my Model 3's camera's to have the police catch them later if they can.

Liberals love to play the "what if" games ad nauseum, at the end of the day I refuse to be a victim, you play the odds card that it wont happen to you. Thats where it all distills down to. Im not a big fan of chance if I can alter the outcome.

All of your above scenarios that attempt to elicit a heartfelt response are meant to distract from the fact the perpetrator CHOSE to put himself in that situation. HE chose to use a gun, HE chose to conduct an armed robbery. HE realizes that he may get killed in the commission of the crime. When you make the perpetrator seem the victim you only fuel the crime stats.

Respectfully said.

You are comparing a fire extinguisher to a gun?

Cute to mark my reply about moving on disagree. The facts are you have provided nothing to the topic/conversation, nobody cares what your opinion is nor is it going to change any opinions in here. I'm not really sure what your end goal is here but you're not going to reach it.

K
Cute to mark my reply about moving on disagree. The facts are you have provided nothing to the topic/conversation, nobody cares what your opinion is nor is it going to change any opinions in here. I'm not really sure what your end goal is here but you're not going to reach it.

Just having a conversation. No objective or end goal.

Not trying to change anyone mind.

Why do disagrees bother you?

I’m not going through these videos because it’s always human error or some dumb aśś playing with guns The Glock has internal safety mechanisms to prevent a Glock from going off once it’s dropped, the best thing to do is Let it drop! When people shoot themselves in the butt, it’s because they attempted to grab the gun while in the air. Thank god he got it in the butt and not in the head. I like the magnet idea for my Ruger LCP or the Glock 22.

Fred

Agreed, when people are being dumb and reckless they tend to not admit it. Strongly suspect a good number of those the real story was not admitted.

What happens when your items arent enough ? I hate to rain on your parade, but you are a walking talking witness to an armed robbery. People that do armed robberies arent exactly first time offenders or nice. They will smoke you even when you give up everything they want and you are as passive as a sheep. Maybe try a different survival technique ?

Its not morally superior to be a victim and get killed.

Or you can look at it as a CCW holder could make the criminal rethinking their life or worst case might solve the problem permanently.

You are comparing a fire extinguisher to a gun?

In a fire the extinguisher can become a bomb itself.