Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearm storage pictures only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I shoot, I'm going to shoot to kill. Center mass.

Part of being a responsible gun owner is knowing/understanding if/when deadly force can be used though.

I am a CCW holder and carry everywhere that's legally allowed to. In Missouri you don't need a license to conceal carry, but it's a lot smarter to take the course and hold the card.

I'm a part time resident in Maine, where open and concealed carry do not require a permit. I'm also a part time resident in MA, where the laws are draconian. A little ironic, considering how things went when the Brits tried to seize guns from some early Massholes.

Since we aren't getting any pictures of a gun holder...I'll ask again.

No one is answering.

Where are you guys getting held up? From this discussion it sounds like it potentially happens a lot.

Philly . This is last 10 hours within 3 miles of where I live. These are considered the nice parts of philly suburbs. This is also a relatively calm Thursday night for comparison.

Attachments

• B4E0F0A1-5563-4F99-8AED-E86EE05B0D84.png
    B4E0F0A1-5563-4F99-8AED-E86EE05B0D84.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 89
  • A6E7C53E-5353-4E68-BB6B-2C1BD687C8AA.png
    A6E7C53E-5353-4E68-BB6B-2C1BD687C8AA.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 9FAC50CD-4C04-4D7E-8938-66F9343C854A.png
    9FAC50CD-4C04-4D7E-8938-66F9343C854A.png
    353.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I’m a retired law enforcement officer (+20 NYPD, +20 chief of police in MA). Before I get into the discussion as to where to mount a sidearm in a Tesla permit me to share a couple of thoughts:

· Where you live, and the law regarding the carrying of concealed firearms, may well control in this matter.

· If you opt to lawfully carry/transport a firearm in your auto, it is incumbent upon you to receive training on the use of the sidearm, and the relevant laws in regard the use of force, especially deadly physical force (that amount of force that is likely to cause death or serious physical injury).

Before I go on, I really should add that as a sergeant and lieutenant in the NYPD I ran the dept’s Police Firearms Instructors School, Heavy Weapons Training Program, and Research and Testing. My book, Practical Handgun Training, may be seen below:

https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Ha...ctical+handgun+training&qid=1587738098&sr=8-1

The mount shown in the initial part of this posting seems to be a good one. The driver has immediate access to their sidearm, which is an absolute requirement when carrying a firearm for personal defense.

The rubber coated (plastic coated) magnet mount system is an excellent one. Another option (but one which I’d have to take a closer look at an auto to actually recommend), is an under the steering wheel holster/scabbard. Gum Creek makes some interesting designs which might be of use.

Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount Steering Wheel Gun Holster Mount

As others have pointed out, this method of carrying a concealed handgun in your auto will be impacted by who has access to the vehicle. This is very much an individual issue, and not one which can be adequately covered in this discussion.

Furthermore, it is incumbent upon the vehicle’s owner to make sure the vehicle, with a firearm inside, is secured every time it is left unattended!

If anyone has any specific questions in regard this matter I’d be happy to respond. Understand, I am not proselytizing for or against the carrying of concealed sidearms, which is a very personal question. It is simply a subject I have a good deal of expertise on, and would be pleased to help.

Rich

To answer Garland: Where are you getting held up?

For me, Three times in Los Angeles, and Once in New York. Plus 2X car burglary in Los Angeles plus one car stolen completely (Porsche 911) and never recovered, and one in San Francisco. Travel companions: Once in Mazatlan Mexico and once in St. Petersbourg Russia (pickpocket only).

Last edited:
Reactions: Okninja
Since we aren't getting any pictures of a gun holder...I'll ask again.

No one is answering.

Where are you guys getting held up? From this discussion it sounds like it potentially happens a lot.

I mean- it happens a ton in your own town....

http://home.chicagopolice.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/2018AnnualReport-05July19.pdf

Almost 10,000 robberies, over 15,000 aggrivated assault and/or batteries, and another nearly 12,000 burglaries.

On top of over 10k car thefts and nearly 65k general thefts....and of course almost 2000 rapes and/or murders.

• Disagree
Reactions: SomeJoe7777
The likelihood of a person being the victim of a violent crime hinges on a number of factors:

· Where they are situated in the nation’s socio-economic strata, and,

· Where they tend to live most of the time.

When I was a homicide detective in NYC, I saw a “T-shirt” that read, “Your End is Our Beginning.” Dark humor, but accurate.

Violent street felons were part of my job-security. I worked mostly in high-crime, inner city areas of the Bronx, Brooklyn and upper Manhattan. I had no need to worry about a lack of business.

If you are a middle, or upper-middle class person (a Tesla owner, perhaps…), and you don’t do “stupid” things, then the chances are you will not be impacted by a contact with a violent street predator.

A friend of mine, a sgt. in the Tucson PD has his “Rules of Stupid.” They are:

Don’t hang out with stupid people,
(people who take drugs, consume alcohol to excess, rob grocery stores, you get the idea)

Don’t do stupid things,
(take drugs, consume too much alcohol or rob grocery stores…)

Don’t be in stupid places.
(Bars which are frequented by stupid people, dark alleys at night, drug dens, places selling illegal fully-auto weapons. Again, you get the idea.)

If you follow the above rules, you ought to be fine. This is, fundamentally, a safe country to live in.

I carry a firearm not because I’m looking for a problem, but because I want to avoid being the victim of a violent criminal act. I comply with the law, I know the rules in regard the use of force, and I will avoid contact with a dangerous person if there is any chance of my doing so with safety.

This (going armed) is an individual matter of choice.

Rich

Ironically EV owners make excellent targets. I know at least 2 people were robbed at I-15 chargers between LA and Las Vegas. There are probably a whole lot more. If anybody has been killed I do not know.

Here's an example elsewhere: Robbed at Supercharger (Burlington, NC) | Tesla

Safety Tip: If somebody hits you from behind at a stop light, be very cautious and get ready to bolt. If the passenger door opens instead of the driver's door, you are about to be robbed and carjacked. You are best off driving to a gas station or similar area to exchange insurance information. Turn on your flashers and drive slow to a suitable place.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Okninja
To answer Garland: Where are you getting held up?

For me, Three times in Los Angeles, and Once in New York. Plus 2X car burglary in Los Angeles plus one car stolen completely (Porsche 911) and never recovered, and one in San Francisco. Travel companions: Once in Mazatlan Mexico and once in St. Petersbourg Russia (pickpocket only).

OMG.....Are you kidding? I have NEVER heard of such a story.

There must be something else to this story.

Is staying at home ( quarantine ) working for you right now? I'm serious. not a joke.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ejl80
The Glock has internal safety mechanisms to prevent a Glock from going off once it’s dropped, the best thing to do is Let it drop! When people shoot themselves in the butt, it’s because they attempted to grab the gun while in the air.

Isn't it natural instinct to grab for something you've dropped? I know when I drop something I just instinctively grab for it. Sometimes I catch it, most of the time I don't, but I still grab for it. I don't stop to think about it, it's just reflex. Seems like having a fail safe that only works if you can suppress all instinct/reflexes is a pretty major design flaw.

Isn't it natural instinct to grab for something you've dropped? I know when I drop something I just instinctively grab for it. Sometimes I catch it, most of the time I don't, but I still grab for it. I don't stop to think about it, it's just reflex. Seems like having a fail safe that only works if you can suppress all instinct/reflexes is a pretty major design flaw.

Unless you drop the gun more often than you fire it that's erring on the wrong side of being safe.

Unless you drop the gun more often than you fire it that's erring on the wrong side of being safe.

I don't know how the system works, so I can't really comment any further. Just seems weird to have an automatic safety that doesn't work if you attempt to grab for the weapon after you've accidentally dropped it. It's human instinct/reflex to grab for something you've dropped. People do it all the time with knives and end up cutting themselves. And I guess they also do it with guns and end up shooting themselves.

I don't know how the system works, so I can't really comment any further. Just seems weird to have an automatic safety that doesn't work if you attempt to grab for the weapon after you've accidentally dropped it. It's human instinct/reflex to grab for something you've dropped. People do it all the time with knives and end up cutting themselves. And I guess they also do it with guns and end up shooting themselves.

the "automatic safety" is that the gun won't fire unless you pull the trigger.

One of the fundamental rules of firearms safety is basically do not touch the trigger if you don't want the gun to fire.

The gun will only fire if the trigger is pulled. If your instinct is to try to catch a falling gun by the trigger, the gun is not the problem.

A falling knife (or gun in this case) has no handle my friend.

Takes lots of practice and knowing your weapon, having a good grip on the back strap of the weapon before pulling it out from the holster, this is where the weapon slips and flys into the air. Also you read reports of people having an accidental discharge because they are cleaning a loaded weapon. Once the weapon leaves the house it stays on you. The magnet mount is temporary while you are driving. It comes with me once the door is open.

Fred