Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has always had this problem with the left display blank after a navigation. My car had 4.2 when it left the factory.

Got the update to 4.4 this morning.

Yup. That's why I posted it. Just reconfirmed that the left side display does not go back to media after navigation. I will try a driver and center console reset to see if it clears the issue.

I just get the message for the upgrade this Morning. Scheduled the upgrade for the time it rests at the parking lot. I guess it is upgraded when I will be back pick it up. So far I can still connect the iPhone (finds the car) and even I started the air condition and the temp goes down. Looks good to me.
Peter

OK. I think I have isolated the issue with the nav screen on the driver console. I reset both consoles at the beginning to have a good starting point.

IF you enter a nav address, then enroute you decide to stop for, say, coffee, the car will shut off. When you re-enter the car, the nav screen will appear and you continue on to you destination. Once there, or cancel the nav, the driver nav screen will disappear and the media screen (or whatever you had set) will not reappear. Behavior is reproducable.

IF you complete your route or cancel the nav without the car turning off, then all works as it should.

At least this is what it is doing in my car with 4.4

Your miliage may vary :smile:

That is an old bug and I also can confirm that it is not fixed with 4.4

OK. I think I have isolated the issue with the nav screen on the driver console. I reset both consoles at the beginning to have a good starting point.

IF you enter a nav address, then enroute you decide to stop for, say, coffee, the car will shut off. When you re-enter the car, the nav screen will appear and you continue on to you destination. Once there, or cancel the nav, the driver nav screen will disappear and the media screen (or whatever you had set) will not reappear. Behavior is reproducable.

IF you complete your route or cancel the nav without the car turning off, then all works as it should.

I received the 4.4 update notice the morning, I delayed it and after it was parked in my garage at home, I did the "update now", lots of clicking and whirring as usual, and it eventually was done... The google maps and app connectivity didn't work immediately, but by the time I was inside my house, the iPhone app was able to connect, looks exactly the same as 4.3, I wonder what is fixed/different in this release?

I received the 4.4 update notice the morning, I delayed it and after it was parked in my garage at home, I did the "update now", lots of clicking and whirring as usual, and it eventually was done... The google maps and app connectivity didn't work immediately, but by the time I was inside my house, the iPhone app was able to connect, looks exactly the same as 4.3, I wonder what is fixed/different in this release?

I've noticed that after an update, it takes a while for the 3G and Bluetooth to come back to life. Seems to be normal behavior.

I see the same behavior. If that was the way it was before 4.4 then nothing is fixed. I thought the screen was always blanked regardless of whether the car was turned off en-route. In that case it's still only half fixed in my mind. Either way, it NOT entirely fixed as I had reported before.

That's what's happening to me. Noticed this after 4.4. Not sure if it was happening with 4.3.

Have been off the forums for a few days (parents are in town) but got the notice to update today. Installed w/ no problems. Was dismayed to read the release notes and see that they're the same as 4.3 so I came to this thread to see if anyone had any insight. Seems like just bug fixes as I figured. Didn't have any bugs w/ 4.3 but newer is better right!?

Got scared as hell last night with the V4.4 install. My car came with 4.2 so I had no lived through an update yet.

Instead of letting it install at 2am, I decided late last night to trigger the "install now" button
Pressed it, then a 2 min countdown window appeared
After 2 min, lots of clicks, lights closing and... a red warning banner at the top of the 17inch display: "Car needs service, call Tesla Roadside assistance"
Then the red banner disappeared and was replaced by a "Car needs Service" on the odometer display
I went to bed and came back this morning with Upgrade succeeded and the Release notes....

Is that normal?

Got scared as hell last night with the V4.4 install. My car came with 4.2 so I had no lived through an update yet.

Instead of letting it install at 2am, I decided late last night to trigger the "install now" button
After 2 min, lots of clicks, lights closing and... a red warning banner at the top of the 17inch display: "Car needs service, call Tesla Roadside assistance"
Then the red banner disappeared and was replaced by a "Car needs Service" on the odometer display
I went to bed and came back this morning with Upgrade succeeded and the Release notes....

Is that normal?

Pat, I watched the first few minutes of my 4.4 upgrade too just for fun, and I got the same messages. I'm sure it's completely normal as certain key systems shut down and get upgraded bit by bit. No worries. :)

Is that normal?

Yes it is normal. During the updates the car does a lot of weird things. A lot of sounds and clicks and lights and messages. Everyone has the same reaction as you the first update. I've had 3 I think and now it's no big deal. I just press update and let it go like I'm doijg nothing more complicated than updating an iPhone app :)