Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nigel, are you 'condemned' to go through this routine with every update from hereon? What is it about your car that causes this? Wonder if Tesla tried to dig deeper when you experienced this with 4.3...

Tesla didn't dig deeper on my car with v4.3 but I understand that this was one of the issues that led to the rapid release of v4.4. I don't see it as a major bug and Tesla service has been great again, but I figured it's good to let others know. I guess we have to wait for v4.5 to see if it's going to happen every time.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet...
Two more changes I noticed are:
1. Google Maps now refreshes the whole display when changing from night to day.
2. Fan speed now responds instantly after selecting.

Headlight preferences are still not stored (maybe intentional they always go back to Auto).

Getting this routinely with 4.4 now. Not sure how significant it is...probably not.

mavy3y7u.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk.

I do the same drive every day. I start charging at 9:30 and it usually finshes around 1 am with a slow charge. When I leave in the morning I used to have about 236 miles. This am after 4.4 update I left with 241. I believe the Vampire load has been cured or at least made much better.

I also do the same drive and charge every day, and I generally see between 239 and 241 (240 most commonly) when I leave. This has been consistent with 4.2, 4.3 and now 4.4.

- - - Updated - - -

Compare the bottom right corner

Interesting. I've always had the very wide view since 4.2 (when I got the car). I can actually see a portion of my license plate in the view.

- - - Updated - - -

last time around it needed the Service Tech to flash the security module. The temporary fix is to turn off the auto-present and walk-away-lock features but as usual Tampa SC Manager Mark jumped on it and there will be a tech dropping by to take care of it tomorrow morning.

I found Auto Present got old fast and turned it off after about 2 days of ownership (I prefer to just tap the handle), but I do use Walk Away Locking. Is this something unique to your car for some reason? I'm wondering if I should turn it back on in my car just to verify everything is okay. I'm inclined to say if it ain't broke, don't mess with it, but on the other hand, I'd like to know if there is something that needs to be seen to.

HD Radio - I think the new version might sometimes be showing meta-data information on song/artist/station and even cover art....but only sometimes. I'm pretty sure I saw this last night listening to regular HD radio (99.9 I think) in my car, but then it seemed to go away. Buggy maybe?

I wasn't aware that we had HD radio in Canada. What market are you in? I seem to recall a couple of Toronto market stations tried it out years ago, but abandoned it.

I've had RDS data (mainly in GM cars) for years that'll show Artist and Song (or whatever the station decides to put in the stream - one station gives weather updates), but have never observed an HD signal. One of my past cars would auto adjust it's clock from a time stamp in the RDS signal, but the stupid radio station was always blasting out the wrong time! I called the station engineer who wasn't even aware that in addition to the text data they were sending out a time signal!

1. Google Maps now refreshes the whole display when changing from night to day.

Mine is still not refreshing, but I have my map set to show a particular area rather than follow the car. If I don't do something like zoom out and in again, it will never refresh. It will stay in day (or night) more forever. The traffic overlay doesn't refresh either. The zoom out/in trick doesn't always work, due to aggressive caching. So I find myself zooming out (if I remember) as soon as I park. And then when I get back into the car to drive again, I zoom in. The time delay seems to be enough for it to ditch the cache. Also, if it's showing stale, daytime tiles, and it's dark outside, it seems to flush the cache when I zoom out/in with no delay. But if it's showing stale daytime times, and it's actually daytime, zooming out/in with no delay will still display the stale cached tiles.

Because so many of these nits are occasional/situational, there's a lot of hopeful but inaccurate 4.4 reporting here:

1) Map day/night caching issue is NOT fixed. It IS intermittent, so may appear to be fixed for a while, but then you'll get it again.
2) Energy consumption while parked appears the same. I agree with the poster who says perceived differences could be weather moderation.
3) There's no difference in the backup camera performance.
4) The issue of blank left dash screen after navigation is not new (tho some seem to be experiencing for first time), nor is it fixed.

etc.

My suggestion to all posters: don't post something as a new bug or behavior until you've done a search on it. Don't post something as fixed/changed until you've verified or measured it several times. Whenever we get new releases, we all seem to notice stuff for the first time that may have nothing to do with the release, but rather our perception.

I'm telling you though, the hovercraft suspension setting really IS great, used it again today.

i really think you're just seeing a difference in the lighting on your bumper. it looks exactly the same to me. it would be a feat to change the angle of a fixed focal length lens. yes, one version could have been blowing it up a little, but.. i really think it's the same. fwiw.

I see a definite difference!! You can see some of the grey portions on the very VERY right corner of the bumper in the second photo and don't see any at all in the first. I know I have the originals on my phone and can see it better then the post on here, but it is DEFINITELY a wider shot.