Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a few issues since getting the 4.5 firmware release.

Today the front passenger side door refused to open (even though the door handle popped out). One time the rear left passenger door just opened. The UI also feels more sluggish and I sometimes hear a funny squeal from the inverter that was not there before.

1.33.54 caused fan noise to appear in VIN 110xx.

Last week my coworker finally received his car here in Hawaii, VIN 110xx. It was running an earlier version of 4.5 without fan noise. He installed the update to .54 tonight and just texted me in dismay that the dreaded fan noise appeared after installing the update.

1.33.54 has not fixed the fan noise in all cars and even cause it to appear in at least one car.

1.33.54 caused fan noise to appear in VIN 110xx.

Last week my coworker finally received his car here in Hawaii, VIN 110xx. It was running an earlier version of 4.5 without fan noise. He installed the update to .54 tonight and just texted me in dismay that the dreaded fan noise appeared after installing the update.

1.33.54 has not fixed the fan noise in all cars and even cause it to appear in at least one car.

You have to be careful with this. When the car is *powered off*, does he hear the noise? Have him roll the windows down and power the car off (or walk away so it powers down automatically). Then come back and listen through the door to see if the fan is on. If it is, he has the issue. If not--and if the fan noise is relatively minor--then it may just be because the cabin is warm.

But to add to that, this morning my door handles didn't quite come out synchronized--so there's still an issue with that on .54. Seems better than it was--but I don't have enough evidence to support that.

I noticed this too last night when I walked the dog - dash screen was on. When I got back from walking the dog, it was dark again....

Interesting. I've never waited to see if it goes off by itself. I just unlock/re-lock and it goes dark. Now I wonder how often it's coming on and going off by itself in my garage overnight. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Recently I have had an issue getting into my car, closing the door and having the charge port open. Anyone else?

Yes. Sometimes several times in a row.

I have the earlier version of 4.5 (newer version waiting for me to install). Ever since getting this version, about 1 time in 5, I will come out to the car when it's charging and find the dash screen on. It definitely goes dark when I lock the car, and seems to come to life on it's own for some reason. If I unlock/re-lock the car, it'll go dark again.
I have 4.5 (.33 version) and have now twice noticed that the green ring at the charge port and dash light stayed lit. The first time I thought maybe I'd somehow unlocked the car and caused it to come on. But this morning there was no doubt, nobody had been near the car and the dash display (NOT the 17" display though) and the charger port ring were lit up. I'd set a delayed charge for 3:30am which should have been completed at least an hour before I got to the car. This is clearly new behavior.

A few things...it's curious that the charge port ring was green...usually just shows that with active charging, which was not happening. Seems like it should have been blue--plugged in but not charging.

A few things...it's curious that the charge port ring was green...usually just shows that with active charging, which was not happening. Seems like it should have been blue--plugged in but not charging.

Just a thought, but could something in the car be running? Did you use the smartphone app to turn on the HVAC for instance?

When mine is plugged in, but not charging, the ring will be blue if the car is unlocked, and will turn green if I open the door (and the a/c comes on) or if I remotely turn on the HVAC. (I can also see the UMC's LEDs scrolling too). Next time, you could check to see if your UMC or HPWC is running when the port light is green.

Just a thought, but could something in the car be running? Did you use the smartphone app to turn on the HVAC for instance?

When mine is plugged in, but not charging, the ring will be blue if the car is unlocked, and will turn green if I open the door (and the a/c comes on) or if I remotely turn on the HVAC. (I can also see the UMC's LEDs scrolling too). Next time, you could check to see if your UMC or HPWC is running when the port light is green.
Nope, had just gotten up, ready for work and headed straight to the car...unless the battery was self-conditioning, but the HPWC did not show that it was charging.

I have 4.5 (.33 version) and have now twice noticed that the green ring at the charge port and dash light stayed lit.

I've seen the dash stay lit on a couple of occasions. I don't know about the ring because the handles tend to autoextend before I get to the back of the vehicle.

Not sure if this still happens in the latest... Doesn't happen often.

Just got back from 2 week overseas trip. Still no 4.5 update. Is that unusual or are there others who have still not received 4.5? VIN is 801__.

I have vin 9416, may delivery. Got the update notice around the first week of June, and decided to delay it while I watched the reports on those who installed it. Last week, I finally decided to install it. After the "countdown" I got a message that said "unable to install update" or some such. I called Tesla service and they said that the update that I had was superseded and a new update would be pushed to me in due time. Nothing yet... 4.4 (1.31.11)

The car is drawing shore power for various things and the green light will show if there is some power flowing even if it's only 1A.

WRT comments about the dash screen lighting up: This can happen when ET calls home - not sure if it happens every time, but it can happen sometimes.

I still don't have 4.5. I talked to the Denver Service Center on Tuesday, and they say that Tesla has stopped and started pushing 4.5 several times, and it is currently stopped. I am quite happy on 4.4 for the moment, but I would like the Supercharger location feature from 4.5, so hopefully Tesla will get 4.5 stabilized and start pushing it again.

I still don't have 4.5. I talked to the Denver Service Center on Tuesday, and they say that Tesla has stopped and started pushing 4.5 several times, and it is currently stopped. I am quite happy on 4.4 for the moment, but I would like the Supercharger location feature from 4.5, so hopefully Tesla will get 4.5 stabilized and start pushing it again.

I just installed 4.5 (v 54) this morning.