Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 4.5 Update today

I had updated my P85 to 4.5 (1.33.38) quite some time back. Today I received another update and I just got done updating successfully to 4.5 (1.33.54). The release notes are exactly the same as the previous update. Has anyone else received this new update? I wonder what the difference between the two updates is.

Got .54 today and yes, the touchscreen fan sound's gone away. I do have a lethargic front passenger handle though that opens a split second after the others; this was still there upon the first unlock post-update. Curiously, subsequent lock/unlocks were all in sync.

I got a variant of 4.5 about a week ago and the fan noise started - I wish I had taken specific note of the subversion. My auto-tilt mirror function disappeared after the update to 4.3 shortly after getting my car. I've sent messages to Ownership about this with each subsequent update because they have stated that this is a software issue and it will be fixed in "the next release." I sent another message on Monday after "suffering" another week without auto-tilt. This morning when I backed out of my driveway... the mirrors dipped down!

I checked the version and I have 1.33.51. Around Noon I got a call from Palo Alto acknowledging that they had resolved my issue and it should hold through subsequent updates. It's a little creepy that my car was silently updated while I slept, but I'm thrilled that the issue has been resolved (at least until the next update - NO JINXES!) Of note, I thought I heard a sluggish door handle presentation but didn't think anything of it until I read similar posts here.

I had updated my P85 to 4.5 (1.33.38) quite some time back. Today I received another update and I just got done updating successfully to 4.5 (1.33.54). The release notes are exactly the same as the previous update. Has anyone else received this new update? I wonder what the difference between the two updates is.

Refer to the Firmware 4.5 thread. I assume this will get moved.

Long story short, yes--several folks received .54 today. It has a number of fixes...it fixes a touchscreen fan issue many were having, poorly synchronized door handles, and others.

Long story short, yes--several folks received .54 today. It has a number of fixes...it fixes a touchscreen fan issue many were having, poorly synchronized door handles, and others.

I have the update notice, but am on the road a lot and haven't installed yet (like to do it when I'm "safe" at home).

I had no complaints with the fan noise, but did notice the door handle synchronization issue...

I have the update notice, but am on the road a lot and haven't installed yet (like to do it when I'm "safe" at home).

I had no complaints with the fan noise, but did notice the door handle synchronization issue...

Got the notice this morning. Will install tonight. Like mknox, am on 4.5 (not sure which) and have no fan noise issue but a few minor door handle problems.

I noticed with .51, the dash LCD (the one that displays the speedometer) stays on constantly while the car is plugged in. It displays a larger version of the battery bar, and information about charging. I've only observed it while it was scheduled to charge, not while it's actually charging. I guess this is intentional, so other people can tell if you're finished charging or not? That will be very useful here at work.

that doesn't seem to be a desirable thing all the time.

I think there should be some sort of indicator of charge state while the car is plugged in and locked. When there are more cars wanting to charge than there are connectors, you want know when someone else's care is done charging so you can unplug them. Other cars use LED indicators, but they are ambiguous. (For instance, on a LEAF, blinking means charging, while on volt, blinking means complete.) There's no ambiguity with the LCD display.

To be clear, it only stays on when it's plugged in.

Anybody else notice this new behavior, or is it just my car?

I'm still on .48 and just checked my charging car. It's dark. So this behavior is new. IMHO I think it's a good feature since it does allow someone to look inside the car and see if the car is still charging. As mentioned, other cars do have some kind of indicator. Even the MiEV shows something on the dash during charging. The extra few milliamps will not add appreciable drain on the already overworked 12V battery. Some public EVSE will also tell you how much power is being drawn.

Nope, since the update, it never goes dark.

I have the earlier version of 4.5 (newer version waiting for me to install). Ever since getting this version, about 1 time in 5, I will come out to the car when it's charging and find the dash screen on. It definitely goes dark when I lock the car, and seems to come to life on it's own for some reason. If I unlock/re-lock the car, it'll go dark again.

I have the earlier version of 4.5 (newer version waiting for me to install). Ever since getting this version, about 1 time in 5, I will come out to the car when it's charging and find the dash screen on. It definitely goes dark when I lock the car, and seems to come to life on it's own for some reason. If I unlock/re-lock the car, it'll go dark again.

I noticed this too last night when I walked the dog - dash screen was on. When I got back from walking the dog, it was dark again....

Aaron

RE the driver's console display staying on, this is a bug. I now have the .54 flavor of 4.5 and haven't experienced it yet, but did experience it on the .44(?) flavor of 4.5. I think it's been fixed in .54.

BTW, I would very much rather NOT have the driver display on while the car is locked and charging.

1) Attracts attention at night. Unwanted, possibly seedy attention.
2) Contributes to aging of components.
3) Unnecessarily wastes energy.

With a locked car, nobody else can remove the charge cable anyway. It gets locked in the port, so there's no reason for others to know your charging status.The responsibility for unplugging is the driver's, and should remain that way. I don't want other people fiddling with my car, ever. Hands off, John Q. Public!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, after a day of driving in 4.5(.54) and hot, humid weather (95°F today), the touchscreen fan still seems well behaved.

BTW, I would very much rather NOT have the driver display on while the car is locked and charging.

1) Attracts attention at night. Unwanted, possibly seedy attention.
2) Contributes to aging of components.
3) Unnecessarily wastes energy.

Me too, and besides, non-Tesla owners will see that there is, for example, 80 miles left and figure it's done charging or very close to completion so they won't have any guilt about unplugging.

With a locked car, nobody else can remove the charge cable anyway. It gets locked in the port, so there's no reason for others to know your charging status.The responsibility for unplugging is the driver's, and should remain that way. I don't want other people fiddling with my car, ever. Hands off, John Q. Public!

When plugged into a J1772 plug, only the adapter is typically locked to the car.