Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some good news for those experiencing the "touchscreen fan always on" issue. If you find that even in the mornings, with cool weather, that your touchscreen fan is running higher than usual...or if you find that your touchscreen fan is on all the time, here's the fix:

Remove Fuse 51. WAIT TEN MINUTES. Replace the fuse. This fixed the issue for me!

Earlier I tried reseating fuse 51 and it didn't work. Turns out I only had the fuse out for about 10 seconds, which wasn't enough. Pull it for a few minutes to allow all energy to drain out of the MCU/capacitors.

This was suggested by Trevor at the Raleigh service center and it appears to have fixed it! (note: Walter Franck at Tesla also suggested it).

I have some good news for those experiencing the "touchscreen fan always on" issue. If you find that even in the mornings, with cool weather, that your touchscreen fan is running higher than usual...or if you find that your touchscreen fan is on all the time, here's the fix:

Remove Fuse 51. WAIT TEN MINUTES. Replace the fuse. This fixed the issue for me!

Earlier I tried reseating fuse 51 and it didn't work. Turns out I only had the fuse out for about 10 seconds, which wasn't enough. Pull it for a few minutes to allow all energy to drain out of the MCU/capacitors.

This was suggested by Trevor at the Raleigh service center and it appears to have fixed it! (note: Walter Franck at Tesla also suggested it).

I left it out for about 15 minutes and the fan came right back on when I replaced it. Others have reported the same.

Went out to the garage tonight and found my driver's screen lit up again. It was definitely off when I plugged it in and locked it. I am using the charge timer and suspect it's lighting up when the charge cycle starts. Obviously a 4.5 bug.

This just worked for me. I made sure to leave the fuse out for a good 20+ minutes and now the fan noise has stopped -- at least for now. I appreciate the tip even if the fan noise re-appears.

So I am a little confused. I just got back from an out of town trip yesterday and when I started my S85, I got a notice that there was an update ready. I elected to update later, since I was leaving to run some errands. This morning when I got in the car, I got a notice that said that it failed to install the update. In the meantime I had read this thread, and I am not sure I should update yet. So I pressed the button to put off the update.

Are we good to go on Ver. 4.5 yet, or should I wait?

Also, if it's true that the update is already downloaded when you get the notice to upgrade, why did mine fail to execute? I live in a very sketchy coverage area, but if it's already downloaded, why would that matter?
Tks

Had some rain today (first since I installed 4.5) and the auto wipers seem noticeably better to me. At the first notch, they wiped exactly when I would want, and switched to full on at the right time as well. Anyone else notice, or is it my imagination?

Had some rain today (first since I installed 4.5) and the auto wipers seem noticeably better to me. At the first notch, they wiped exactly when I would want, and switched to full on at the right time as well. Anyone else notice, or is it my imagination?

My auto wipers were definitely working well today. But I want to see how they behave with a very slow drizzle.

So I am a little confused. I just got back from an out of town trip yesterday and when I started my S85, I got a notice that there was an update ready. I elected to update later, since I was leaving to run some errands. This morning when I got in the car, I got a notice that said that it failed to install the update. In the meantime I had read this thread, and I am not sure I should update yet. So I pressed the button to put off the update.

Are we good to go on Ver. 4.5 yet, or should I wait?

Also, if it's true that the update is already downloaded when you get the notice to upgrade, why did mine fail to execute? I live in a very sketchy coverage area, but if it's already downloaded, why would that matter?
Tks

Same for me yesterday ("update failed to load"). Per someone's suggestions here I then reset both screens. Upon boot up the 'update' was gone! Still no (new) update after 24 hours.

I emailed ownership asking if they can push 4.5 to me. [hint: I was the OP of this thread...... and am STILL WAITING!!!!]

I took a quick look of the release notes linked by the OP of this thread and noticed the charging screen has changed a bit. Gone are the 30% to 100% selectable charge levels and replaced with two tick markers -- Daily and Trip.

WP_20130606_007.jpg