Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery last week, and have Version 5. I was greeted with this update this morning!

Morrison Lumia 920_20130906_001.jpg
Morrison Lumia 920_20130906_002.jpg

My car went in for service last week & I had asked for the v5 because we are lucky to get 1 bar of AT&T at home, SC installed 5.0 (1.35.102) & I was told all cars that came in were getting the update (this was on Sept 4)

Last edited:
My car went in for service last week & I had asked for the v5 because we are lucky to get 1 bar of AT&T at home, SC installed 5.0 (1.35.102) & I was told all cars that came in were getting the update (this was on Sept 4)
Interesting. Last time I checked with Bellevue SC they said 5.0 is "still on hold" for "by request" updating. Maybe that's been lifted since then....

Has anyone with 5.0 noticed that the regen has been remapped? It starts more gradually (equivalent accelerator lift produces less regen braking). The max is still 60 kW. However, my wife is complaining that she now has to use the friction brake down steep hills she drives regularly. I don't really like the change; I was totally accustomed to the regen profile. I have 1.35.102.

Has anyone with 5.0 noticed that the regen has been remapped? It starts more gradually (equivalent accelerator lift produces less regen braking). The max is still 60 kW. However, my wife is complaining that she now has to use the friction brake down steep hills she drives regularly. I don't really like the change; I was totally accustomed to the regen profile. I have 1.35.102.

Can't answer your question as I'm still on 4.5. But I assume you checked - did the regen on her profile happened to get reset to "Low" during the upgrade? There's a huge diff, so it would be very noticeable and thus assumed you checked already.

I haven't given it a lot of thought. Now that I think about it, it seems "easier" to hold the car at 0/0 power use/regen to me lately, but I can't tell whether that's due to a change or me getting better at driving the Model S. That said, there is no change in the maximum regen from completely lifting, if you pull your foot off the pedal you still get that "downshift-to-second" reaction.