Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An owner on Facebook claims Air Suspension was disabled at high speeds (he got 5.8).

I doubt this very much. Would like to see a screen shot not just a facebook claim. 5.8 did a couple bug fixes and added the TPMS tab and Wiper maintenance versus 5.6

- - - Updated - - -

My car came back from the Service Center yesterday afternoon with v5.6.

That figures. You have patiently waited for 5.6 while many others were stressing they did not have it...and when you get it the 5.8 is released. TM should really make you a beta tester for 6.X and beyond.

I have V5.6 and waiting for the V5.8 update. I’m also connected to my home WiFi network. I also have my car in energy saver mode so it sleeps all the time. When I open the car door and the displays are active, the car says that it’s connected (to a very weak) 3G signal. I have to touch the 3G icon and reselect the WiFi network for it to connect. So I wonder how I’m going to get the V5.8 update when my car is not connecting to my WiFi network when asleep. I decided to turn sleep off tonight to see if I’ll get the update.

Went out this morning to the garage and the 5.8 update was waiting to install. This was not much of a test, but at least I got 5.8. Next time I'll leave it in sleep mode and be more patient.

I'm on 5.6, connecting to WiFi when in the garage. Just walked out to check and had the update... wow, within 24h of the first sighting. Very happy (installing right now)

Excellent. Will be worth the wait. happy for you. Al

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god for the wiper maintenance mode before the real winter sets in (although I'm still on 5.6).

Now if they could only release a "snow mode" for TC...

When you think about it, the 5.6 to 5.8 upgrade helps with the areas of the country affected by snow. Wiper maintenance (Yes) and many people switching out summer tires for winter tires at this time (TPMS-Yes). You are correct in wanting a 'snow mode' to raise the car on demand. Hopefully that will be in 5.9 or 6.X.