Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't the brake lights on the Tesla model illustrated in the About screen flash on and off before?

I was looking to when the brake lights come on upon slowing down due to regen... but I don't see them anymore on the screen.

And as an aside - is there any documentation as to how much regen turns on the brake lights?

Didn't the brake lights on the Tesla model illustrated in the About screen flash on and off before?

I was looking to when the brake lights come on upon slowing down due to regen... but I don't see them anymore on the screen.

And as an aside - is there any documentation as to how much regen turns on the brake lights?

I don't recall the behavior of brake lights on the About screen, but I used the battery charging screen for that purpose. As far as I see it, the brake lights seems to turn on based on actual deceleration (G force) and not regen kW numbers. Easy to compare in city streets vs highway speed, you can get much more regen active at speed with the brake lights staying off.