Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just out of interest, how much is the folding mirror retrofit?

I just posted about this earlier (Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning - Page 11).

$929 plus tax installed - my Model S was pre-wired with the harness already because it was manufactured within a few months before the option was released.

I was originally quoted ~$1600 - that included the extra wiring harness and installation for earlier models.

I just posted about this earlier (Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning - Page 11).

$929 plus tax installed - my Model S was pre-wired with the harness already because it was manufactured within a few months before the option was released.

I was originally quoted ~$1600 - that included the extra wiring harness and installation for earlier models.

I'm having a hard time justifying the expense. It might help make my entry to my garage slightly faster but I wouldn't want my mirror folded as I was backing out....

I just received 6.0 last night (build .13). During a brief drive this morning I noticed that it's going to attempt to remember height adjustments. I didn't recall reading that in the leaked release notes. I need to read the real release notes when i get a moment.

Installed 6.0 this AM while at work, haven't had the chance to play with it for more than 5 mins

Great to hear you got this installed!

Mods, I'd like to reiterate my request to split this thread up. It is getting out of hand in my opinion. Perhaps two threads: (1) FIRMWARE 6.0 GENERAL DISCUSSION and (2) FIRMWARE 6.0 FEATURES

I would REALLY like to read about the specific new features, release notes, etc, and not have to wade through 400 posts of people commenting on when / how they are getting the firmware.

No disrespect intended. Thank you!!!

Mods, I'd like to reiterate my request to split this thread up. It is getting out of hand in my opinion. Perhaps two threads: (1) FIRMWARE 6.0 GENERAL DISCUSSION and (2) FIRMWARE 6.0 FEATURES

I would REALLY like to read about the specific new features, release notes, etc, and not have to wade through 400 posts of people commenting on when / how they are getting the firmware.

Starting to agree with you, I basically spammed the thread with my post, which clutters up the useful posts. my bad!

I'm having a hard time justifying the expense. It might help make my entry to my garage slightly faster but I wouldn't want my mirror folded as I was backing out....

Actually the way it works is the mirror automatically folds in when car locks, and unfolds when you get back in. So it should be open when you are backing out of the garage. You would have to manually set it to fold before entering the garage.

I wasn't ready to pay for the upgrade, but it was paramount for my wife. That along with lighted mirrors for the sun visor and better positioned cup holders. So I got what was available :tongue:.

Got 6.0 (the .13 flavor) last night at the service center, when i was having brake TSB and A/C sound dampening performed.

A few observations/questions:

- My rated range numbers haven't changed. Once again this morning my 60% charge had me at 147 rated miles

- The on-dash turn-signal indicators appear to be narrower. Previously the green "background" for the right arrow would obscure the "wh/mi" text of the energy graph I keep in the right pane... that's no longer the case.

- My first attempt to play music from my USB drive crashed the console. After indexing the drive, the console locked up, and then rebooted. Subsequent attempts worked fine. This same 32GB FAT32 drive has worked for the last year on previous firmware revisions.

- I believe my on-dash navigation graphics have changed. I noticed that the "lane position guidance" pop-up window currently has blue indicator stripes on it.. I believe they used to be orange. The rout line also seems to appear different... with perhaps a small white border. Question: Does anybody know if a service-center install of 6.0 also includes updated Navigon map data, or is this a visual change only?

Has anyone discussed the new Power Management feature in v6.0?

photo 2.JPG
photo 1.1.jpg
photo 5.JPG

Looks like a balance between responsiveness to App inquiries, start up and vampire losses.
I haven't had a chance to check out the effect on vampire losses for each option.

Looks like a balance between responsiveness to App inquiries, start up and vampire losses.
I haven't had a chance to check out the effect on vampire losses for each option.

Interested in this as well. Can someone quantify vampire losses with sleep mode on vs sleep mode on + always connected? I'm not sure I understand how this feature is implemented. Does the instrument cluster still power down when always connected?

I agree wholeheartedly.

I wholeheartedly agree with sentiment, in fact posted a similar suggestion many releases ago, but how do you implement? No mod will want to spend hours divvying up posts between threads. From reading thread it is pretty clear that most posters don't! (read, that is) They just post. That explains why the same discussions happen over and over and over. So, probability of posters complying with 2 different thread themes: zilch.

I also got the feedback when I posted similar suggestion that some readers LIKE to hear "I got it" "I didn't get it" posts because it gives them clues as to whether rollout is ongoing or halted.

Personally, the only "I got it" that I care about is the first substantiated one. After that, the whole thread should be discussion of features. We all know that nobody gets it soon enough, but everybody gets it eventually!!!

Interested in this as well. Can someone quantify vampire losses with sleep mode on vs sleep mode on + always connected? I'm not sure I understand how this feature is implemented. Does the instrument cluster still power down when always connected?
My experience: before sleep mode my loss was 8-10 miles
With 5.x series using sleep mode I lost 2-3 miles
new 6.0 sleep mode with 'always connected phone 4 hours

all this is based on 24 hour period