Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) move the stalk to the first detent and release after: less than a quarter of a second, and you get the automatic three blinks.
2) move the stalk to the first detent and release after: more than a quarter of a second, and you will find that you get however many flashes that occur while you have the stalk moved - whether that is one flash, two flashes, or seventeen flashes.

I'll point out that you don't hav eto move it fully in to the detent position for the 3-blinks. Just pressure on the stalk to move it slightly then release it to spring back to "nuetral", and you'll get them...

REST data
Code:
timestamp,soc,range,est_range
1410760092502,90,221,181          ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎12‎ ‎PM GMT-7  [1.59.56]
1410760093002,89,238,201          9‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎48‎:‎13‎ ‎PM GMT-7  [1.65.11]

I got the same thing on my MS60

Immediately before the upgrade I got 88% SOC = 174.1 miles (on 1.64.38) and immediately after the update REST data reports SOC 88% = 181.7 miles (on 1.65.15)
I will see what happens after the next charge but I expect it will be back to the lower number.

suspension position indicator needed

i'm really loving v6 (all dot versions :) ) and especially location-triggered suspension activation, been waiting for that for a while and it works like a charm. have to say, i'm very pleased with how accurate the geo-triggered functions on the model s are, very reliable to a couple yards (meters) i find.. nice.

on this point, i've been wanting a small, graphical suspension position indicator on the dash or center display for a while, and now that auto-suspension is happening i find i really want it; could really use an indicator of what the system is doing and where it currently sits as i'm driving, and constantly checking the controls page is getting old -- it used to be tolerable as i had to press the button to raise it anyway, but now that it's automatic, checking the page just for position confirmation is burdensome.

others feel the same? i'm emailing ownership with this comment/suggestion, please do as well if you agree. thanks.

I never liked that feature. 3 blinks for a lane change isn't enough. And it's a confusing feature as well. I find that when I manually cancel the turn signal, it's easy to over shoot and cause the opposite signal without the click. First few times it really confused me, No doubt the person behind me thinks there's a crazy person driving. (Not saying they'd be wrong :) ...

For most lane changes (at least that I do) I am not trying to beg for permission to get over, but simply informing the person I'm coming. If I have to actually fight my way over then I might do a full click while I wait for an opening, but for most situations like passing and such where there is already a huge gap for you to move into, there is no need for more than a few flashes. If however you feel differently you are free to hold it in that "half-way" position and get as many flashes as you want and this will keep you from turning it the other way since you just let go and it will stop.

Even when I have to manually cancel the signal (full-click back to neutral) I rarely over click it back, maybe you should practice? This isn't something *unique* to Tesla (software) or Mercedes (hardware)... So you must hate like every car out there that has been made in the past like 3 years.

It's not a recommendation. There's a setting in Apps, where you can tell it to redo the route after x min of improved traffic. By default it's set to 5 mins. So if the system thinks another route is 5 mins faster, it will change the route and reroute it that way.

On my drive yesterday, I picked the route and it said I would arrive at 9:02. My route was changed 3 times as it figured out it was wrong. In the end, I arrived at 9:18 anyways, so I'm not too impressed yet.

I prefer the Google Maps on iPhone, where it shows you 3 routes and which one is faster. Then if another route is better, it gives you an option to change to it.

I was really looking forward to it, but not sure I would use it how it's working now.

I'm still fuzzy on what triggers the algorithm to evaluate. Any time you nav to a destination? Any time it detects a{charge,travel,stop,travel,charge} route that is roughly consistent (i.e. the charge locations are within some epsilon of each other on the GPS)?

I have yet to see recommendations show up for anything yet.

6.0 stuff:

-Got .13 2 days ago... the .15 flavor (assumed) is installing now...

-I didn't lose the "turn signal 3-flash" behavior after moving to v6.0

-I've enabled the "always connected" option for power saving. My phone connects in ~15 seconds and my vampire loss was only about 2 miles over the course of being parked for 9 hours yesterday. I like it.

-The day after getting 6.0 my range estimate remained the same for my standard 60% charge. Over the last two days it has crept up one mile. I suspect that has much more to with other variables like temps, normal fluctuations, etc... more so than any real change on the algorithms.

-I'll test my "USB crash" behavior again with .15, my intial attempt to play USB content crashed my center conole after getting .13, howver subsequent attempts were just fine.

-No notification of new maps yet after my service-center supplied 6.0 upragde (although I still note my on-dash Navigon display is slghtly different, so I wonder). Has anybody else who has received 6.0 over the air and NOT received updated maps notice that the "Lane guidance" pop-up graphics on the dash are now blue rather than orange?

Follow-up on my own post:

Went out and drove during lunch after .15 finished installing. I was prompted to set a car name, which I hadn't gotten when the .13 flavor ov 6.0 installed a couple of days ago.

Also, no USB issues playing media this time. Although when I sslected USB, I got "Retrieving songs from media" for a few seconds before the progressing bar graph that I normally get (although perhaps this was due to my selecting USB almost immediately after I got in the car...)

I had a similar problem last November. They just replaced the gyro. BUT...be aware that you will probably loose all of your driving data (mileage and data on your A and B Trip-ometers, KWh used, etc) which you might want to save.

I agree that it should be longer, I was thinking 5 blinks.
I'm fine with 3.. seems like a good # to me... if I want longer, I hold it down to the detent or take it over the detent. If they decide to change it to accommodate people who want more blinks, I hope they give us the option in settings to set the # rather than just change it... especially considering most of us are used to 3 at this point.

I have six but haven't experienced nav optimization based on traffic yet. So, question:

For those who who use HOV lanes in daily commute - is there much benefit of the commute optimization? I am guessing it is too hard to take HOV access into account in such systems.

May be Tesla (or whoever does the actual optimization) prioritizes data collected from Tesla fleet over other data? It still sounds pretty complicated. Thoughts?

I experienced a traffic based navigation change yesterday. I went to an event at University of Richmond last night and I had punched it up on the nav system earlier in the day to see what route it recommended. It was the highway route. But when I started the navigation to go to the actual even during rush hour, it had a different route - bypassing the highway as it was all red near the exit I was planning on taking from earlier. So traffic based nav worked.

I have received each if the new recent 6.0...now on (1.65.15) and have never lost that function.
I think the glitch is me. It's working fine, I have no idea what my deal was yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, that is surely a regression if it was removed. My guess is that it is a bug and will be fixed in a subsequent update. Did you report it through the new voice command big report?
no, thankfully I wanted to wait and do some additional testing. I have no clue what was wrong with me yesterday as it was working just fine today. I DID smell burnt toast on the way to the SC, so...

Time to step up!
Meh. I've looked at it before. I'm either at work and have a computer or at home and with feet of an always on computer. There's just almost never a case where for some reason want a portable internet connected device. A smart phone just adds no value to my life. Certainly not $40/month worth of value.

I see people on their tiny, tiny screen phones all the time at works and I always think "WTF? You've got dual 27" monitors next to you, why would you be using your phone to check Google news?"

Anyway, side tracked. Just goes to show one customer's big feature means nothing to someone else. I haven't got 6.0 yet and I've really got almost no reason to want it, other than traffic aware routing might be useful at times.

I'm fine with 3.. seems like a good # to me... if I want longer, I hold it down to the detent or take it over the detent. If they decide to change it to accommodate people who want more blinks, I hope they give us the option in settings to set the # rather than just change it... especially considering most of us are used to 3 at this point.

Agreed. I like 3.

Meh. I've looked at it before. I'm either at work and have a computer or at home and with feet of an always on computer. There's just almost never a case where for some reason want a portable internet connected device. A smart phone just adds no value to my life. Certainly not $40/month worth of value.

I see people on their tiny, tiny screen phones all the time at works and I always think "WTF? You've got dual 27" monitors next to you, why would you be using your phone to check Google news?"

Anyway, side tracked. Just goes to show one customer's big feature means nothing to someone else. I haven't got 6.0 yet and I've really got almost no reason to want it, other than traffic aware routing might be useful at times.

Think of if .... for the camera alone. All in one package ... now back to 6.0

Agreed. I like 3.

Three is standard on almost every new car. I guess I've driven a dozen different cars this year (rentals), and they all act the same way, as did my previous Audi, Merc, VW etc. It mostly feels about right, the only time I'd like more is when exiting the freeway/motorway, when 5 might be better, but it's a tiny nit, just push the stank all the way in those cases.

In terms of the nav, I don't have the new maps yet, but I've noticed the dash screen display (to the left of the speedo) seems to repaint itself a lot more than before. Also, when you get the lane guidance picture, you can still see the nav map in the corners...another nit, but that kind of thing bugs me!