TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 6.2

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by spentan, Mar 28, 2015.

1. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Also have an update ready to install... installing now. Probably won't check back in here until later tomorrow though.

2. darthy001

darthy001 Love my car, hope Tesla can get as great!

Hmm.. same here, and first time I've gotten one so quickly..

Heres hoping for a combined performance and efficiency push for P85Ds in order to reflect the new design studio pages:)

3. Rice390

Rice390 Member

Just finished the installation. Had 6.2 before, still shows 6.2 after install with the same release notes as before. No new features that I can see.

4. AndreS

AndreS Member

no sentence above the relase notes either? I have seen a picture where it stated the P85D have 250 km/h top speed after latest update.

5. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Sounds like bug fixes. Or maybe tuning of the range prediction algorithm? I only used it a couple of times in 6.2 but found it to be inaccurate.

6. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

#446 NOLA_Mike, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    2.4.153 received last night and installed this morning.

Speed limiter increase to 155 MPH showing in Release Notes.

7. Adrian

Adrian Title(D)

From a norwegian forum:
    11148787_10153144445815661_4373047162644606296_n.jpg

Speed limiter increased to 155 mph :)

8. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

Interesting wording. "High speed passing maneuvers" /= cruise on the autobahn.

9. KyP85D

KyP85D Member

My release notes have the same language.

10. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

New Update

I just began a new software update on my 85D and I'm hoping it's the improved 0-60 update I've been told about. Won't be able to test it for 6 hours, so can someone verify this??

11. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

12. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Those high speed passing maneuvers will come in handy on Oregon highways :)
    I have an update alert as well but actually need to be driving the car this morning... and given the last upgrade took 2.5h I'm not risking to start it right now.

PS: if you get the upgrade, please update the Firmware Upgrade Tracker so we can get an idea how quickly it gets rolled out, and to which cars (so far there's one entry with .153 on a P85D - thanks NOLA_Mike)

13. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Clever lawyers. We are not advocating you exceed the speed limit, BUT if you have to make a high speed maneuver, the car can go 155!

14. spentan

spentan Active Member

Driving from SoCal to Vegas today. Just started the update. Let's see what the high speed passing maneuvers are like ☺

15. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

Received the 6.2 2.4.153 update and notes do specify increase of top speed to 155 mph. I also took a picture of the speedometer which has changed respectively.

IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0673.JPG IMG_0674.JPG

16. cynix

cynix Member

I think they're just trying to say (without actually spelling it out) that the car will not be able to maintain 155 mph for an extended period of time, hence it's only a "passing manoeuvre".

17. MarkS22

MarkS22 Member

P85D finished updating to .153 and added to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker. Same "passing maneuvers up to 155mph" message as reported above.

18. Danal

Danal electricmotorglider.com

Has anyone driven a trip on the original 6.2 trip planner? The people I've talked who've actually driven long trips say it was very, very, very bad. It would let you leave a supercharger with just barely enough, or "real world", not enough, range. It would estimate 1.5 hours charging at an SC where you were going to arrive with 35%. Things like that.

I believe the poor quality of the trip planner has something to do with this update. Maybe more... I have the notice, but need to drive the car. As soon as I update, I'll take another look at the trip planner.

19. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Ditto.

20. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Weren't there complaints recently that TACC only operated up to 90 MPH? That would means that even at 140 MPH, there was not to be any cruise control available.