Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely going to have to look into this...

Yep I was surprised too. My inner treads were less worn than the inner/outer ones, then I noticed 50 psi and thought I was wrong this whole time with 45 psi - turns out they changed their recommended pressures. I believe the door jam placard also states 45 psi IIRC. If you find out why they changed it, please do let us know!

Isn't it supposed to be every 5000 miles? Or does that not apply to the D's? It was just based on my experience with the previous P85 which I took in about every 5000 miles.

I'm not sure what the recommended rotation schedule is, as it differs between staggered or non-staggered setup, but with the D it seems that it would be less frequent since the rears are no longer the only tires doing all the traction work.

I'm not sure what the recommended rotation schedule is, as it differs between staggered or non-staggered setup, but with the D it seems that it would be less frequent since the rears are no longer the only tires doing all the traction work.

Ok I just checked the manual and tire rotation is indeed recommended every 5,000 miles:

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 11.06.15 AM.png

Interesting. You're saying every time you hit the park button on the stalk the handles go in or out? I'm on 6.1 and mine only present. Additional presses of the button do nothing.

What I was referring to was that after the handles retract, pressing the park button the handles present. (a semiautomatic toggle). This is a new feature in 6.1. And they will present every time. But no you can't press and have them go in and out with each press (my guess is that the kids might wear them out pretty quick if that's what they did).

Thread search isn't working for me, so sorry if others have already reported:

After updating my Classic P85+ to 6.2 today I noticed the park assist safety chime was turned off. I always have this on and find it very valuable given a tricky home parking space. I found it odd that this update seemed to default it back to OFF.

Thread search isn't working for me, so sorry if others have already reported:

After updating my Classic P85+ to 6.2 today I noticed the park assist safety chime was turned off. I always have this on and find it very valuable given a tricky home parking space. I found it odd that this update seemed to default it back to OFF.
That's a new one, I don't think anyone has reported this.

And BTW: the best way to search on TMC (thank you, bonnie):

https : //www.google.com/#q=park+assist+chime+upgrade+6.2+site:teslamotorsclub.com

Or for the less hard core people, in the search bar enter "park assist chime upgrade 6.2 site:teslamotorsclub.com"

Updated to 6.2 last night.

- noted that the radio starts in mute mode every time it is off for a while. Strange new "feature" that I don't particularly like.

I noticed this (I will call it a bug) the other day. This is the only place I have seen this documented after searching for it.

I kept thinking I had somehow hit the mute when getting into the car. This morning I was listening for it. What I heard was: Open door and start getting into the car. The FM radio was playing, then as I pressed on the brake, the car started powering up and the radio muted. WTF? Why? It was playing before. When I tried to unmute it wouldn't unmute until I changed the station. I rebooted a few times but I am still seeing the same behavior. This is very annoying to me. I hope they revert this soon!

I noticed this (I will call it a bug) the other day. This is the only place I have seen this documented after searching for it.

I kept thinking I had somehow hit the mute when getting into the car. This morning I was listening for it. What I heard was: Open door and start getting into the car. The FM radio was playing, then as I pressed on the brake, the car started powering up and the radio muted. WTF? Why? It was playing before. When I tried to unmute it wouldn't unmute until I changed the station. I rebooted a few times but I am still seeing the same behavior. This is very annoying to me. I hope they revert this soon!
There's another "6.2 bugs" thread and I posted there as a bug, only to be told it is allegedly a "feature". NO idea why they would have changed the prior behavior of attenuating upon entry and exit, but then returning the volume to the prior level. It worked great, nobody complained. Now this is a pain in the but requiring readjusting the volume every single time you enter the car.

There's another "6.2 bugs" thread and I posted there as a bug, only to be told it is allegedly a "feature". NO idea why they would have changed the prior behavior of attenuating upon entry and exit, but then returning the volume to the prior level. It worked great, nobody complained. Now this is a pain in the but requiring readjusting the volume every single time you enter the car.

Thanks. I posted there in case anyone at Tesla is listening and counting the dissenting voices on that one.