Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about a fun little game? I say that we assign names to each new build. Like Google does with Android versions.

The rules are simple:
1. The first person to post they received and installed a new build (or Version) gets to name that build, or they can defer to the community to pick a name
2. Sticking to a naming theme (like Google does with food names) is not required, but encouraged. The theme can change at any time
3. Keep it family friendly
4. Changing a build name is allowed if the build does something really good or really bad (i.e. "Defcon" for 2.5.21)
5. This is just for fun and not to be taken too seriously

If people like this idea, I'll modify the Firmware tracker to keep track of each build name.

OK - please forgive me but noobie here. I upgraded to .36 yesterday and had no issues all day. This morning, car was in a deep sleep apparently and now the iPhone App, nor Visible Tesla can connect to the car. I am getting message to make sure "Always Connected" is on, and I checked it and it is.

Thoughts?

I drove car this morning and it is even on a charger right now...

OK - please forgive me but noobie here. I upgraded to .36 yesterday and had no issues all day. This morning, car was in a deep sleep apparently and now the iPhone App, nor Visible Tesla can connect to the car. I am getting message to make sure "Always Connected" is on, and I checked it and it is.

Thoughts?

I have had this issue with other upgrades where the remote applications could not connect. I can connect remotely with the Tesla iPhone apps, Remote S app, and Visible Tesla app so it is not the upgrade that is causing your connectivity issue. Sometimes I get a message saying that the Tesla servers are overloaded and try again later.

If you leave "Alway Connected" checked you will burn a lot more power out of your 12 volt battery. There are threads on 12 volt battery having to be changed often. I would recommend that you do a search on the topic. I do not check the "Always Connected" check box and my remote apps still connect fine.

Thoughts?

I've lost signal once after updating. A quick reset fixes this. Try that :)

Updated to .36; TACC still seems to exhibit the same greater aggressiveness when slowing for a stopped tracked vehicle, still is often oblivious of stopped traffic when not tracking (grey and doesn't turn blue within a reasonable distance), and when it does slow, the abruptness has caused following traffic to get a tad closer to my bumper than I'd prefer. But none of that is news with .36 aside from that the behavior persists.

What is newish is that since .36, I get the "servers overloaded" message from Remote S or the Tesla app. Same usage pattern - just more "overloaded" messages.

Perhaps we'll get release notes with the next update so we won't have to guess. Why, yes, I *would* like a blue pony too - thanks for asking.

Is this new in .36, or have I just not noticed it before? It doesn't show this on the smaller screen, but I noticed today that it has a projected range (presumably based on my last 30 miles) on the right-hand side of the Energy app. Now if I could only make that projected range show up on the speedo!

99p3JBa.jpg

Is this new in .36, or have I just not noticed it before? It doesn't show this on the smaller screen, but I noticed today that it has a projected range (presumably based on my last 30 miles) on the right-hand side of the Energy app. Now if I could only make that projected range show up on the speedo!
It was there previously. I'd like an easier way to see it as well.

The Remote S app does show estimated, rated and ideal, but in the dash would be great.