Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got updated to .36 the other day.

Since receiving the 70D, I been unable to log into TuneIn. With this update, I am not able to successfully use TuneIn and it pulled the right profile information.

The headlight being on issue I had seems to have been resolved as well.

Here's what he posted:

11222424_10153500820026955_2468673338172638932_n.jpg

I'm not liking that new look at all.

Me neither! I hope there's a "Classic Mode" switch/option!

I was thinking about this earlier today. All of a sudden, everyone is jumping on the "Skeuomorphism is bad" train. EVERYONE! While there are aspects of non-skeuomorphism that are progressive, I really hate, hate, hate this overboard knee-jerk reaction to erase any and all shreds of skeuomorphism from existence.

Granted, things like the Model S media player with those huge 3d buttons is over the top skeuomorphism and could use an update -- but things like the dashboard right now look GREAT. Apple spent how many years and hundreds of millions (billions?) of dollars developing the first several versions of iOS that was skeuomorphed, and then all of a sudden, it's this horrible disease that needs to be eradicated from every user interface known to man? I think the right balance is somewhere in between, but I hate this trend to flatten everything and remove all visual cues that a button is a button.

</rant>

Me neither! I hope there's a "Classic Mode" switch/option!

I was thinking about this earlier today. All of a sudden, everyone is jumping on the "Skeuomorphism is bad" train. EVERYONE! While there are aspects of non-skeuomorphism that are progressive, I really hate, hate, hate this overboard knee-jerk reaction to erase any and all shreds of skeuomorphism from existence.

Granted, things like the Model S media player with those huge 3d buttons is over the top skeuomorphism and could use an update -- but things like the dashboard right now look GREAT. Apple spent how many years and hundreds of millions (billions?) of dollars developing the first several versions of iOS that was skeuomorphed, and then all of a sudden, it's this horrible disease that needs to be eradicated from every user interface known to man? I think the right balance is somewhere in between, but I hate this trend to flatten everything and remove all visual cues that a button is a button.

</rant>

+1

Let's move the 7.0 posts to the Firmware 7.0 thread, yes?

Anyone having trouble with 3G on .36? Mine keeps going out (full bars but no 3G symbol) it will come back after several reboots (never after just one). Never comes back on its own.

also: when starting up in the morning my touchscreen won't register touches sometimes for up to a minute or two. Just me?

Anyone having trouble with 3G on .36? Mine keeps going out (full bars but no 3G symbol) it will come back after several reboots (never after just one). Never comes back on its own.

also: when starting up in the morning my touchscreen won't register touches sometimes for up to a minute or two. Just me?

I don't have that particular issue, but I've been having an issue with my phone not being recognized via bluetooth as regularly as it had been since updating to .36. Before .36 I'm guessing the phone didn't connect on its own perhaps three or four times since I got the car in late December last year. Since getting .236, I think it fails to connect about 75% of the time. I can get it to connect by simply turning bluetooth off and back on on the phone, though sometimes I also then have to take the additional step of connecting the phone through the media player.

I've been planning on deleting the phone connection entirely, and re-pairing the phone, but haven't done that yet, as I'm still in the "observing the problem" phase, and it's easy enough to work around. I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything like this.

Thanks.