Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.5.46, no new release notes. Maybe the shudder?

Yep, seems shudder is fixed

Please remember to update the tracker. I think you even get to name the update now, as I believe you're probably the first to report it. (It's not listed in the tracker yet.)

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

How about a fun little game? I say that we assign names to each new build. Like Google does with Android versions.

The rules are simple:
1. The first person to post they received and installed a new build (or Version) gets to name that build, or they can defer to the community to pick a name
2. Sticking to a naming theme (like Google does with food names) is not required, but encouraged. The theme can change at any time
3. Keep it family friendly
4. Changing a build name is allowed if the build does something really good or really bad (i.e. "Defcon" for 2.5.21)
5. This is just for fun and not to be taken too seriously

If people like this idea, I'll modify the Firmware tracker to keep track of each build name.

Last edited:
Done. Though I think someone beat me to naming it.

Hmmm...

The tracker only shows one update to that version, so that must be you. And I don't see it named anywhere yet. I'm guessing Hank hasn't actually added that ability to the tracker yet.

What made you think someone beat you to it? Did you see a version name? If so, where, and what is it?

Thanks @Andyw2100 for reminding people while I'm slacking off...

I wouldn't say you've been slacking off. I noticed you hadn't been around at all. I definitely want to help make sure the tracker continues to build momentum, since I view it as such a useful tool!

You may have missed this, since it's probably buried deep in some thread, and it happened while you weren't around, but Hank posted that someone from one of Tesla's IPs was checking the tracker fairly regularly. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Hmmm...

The tracker only shows one update to that version, so that must be you. And I don't see it named anywhere yet. I'm guessing Hank hasn't actually added that ability to the tracker yet.

What made you think someone beat you to it? Did you see a version name? If so, where, and what is it?

I wouldn't say you've been slacking off. I noticed you hadn't been around at all. I definitely want to help make sure the tracker continues to build momentum, since I view it as such a useful tool!

You may have missed this, since it's probably buried deep in some thread, and it happened while you weren't around, but Hank posted that someone from one of Tesla's IPs was checking the tracker fairly regularly. I thought that was pretty interesting.
When I went to add the version number it was available from the drop down box?

No, I haven't added the naming feature yet, but I did add the new FW build number to the tracker.

I suggested giving each build a "fun" name instead of just 2.5.46. Since you're the first to get it, you have the option to give it a name, or pass and let the community name it. I don't think we got a name for 2.5.36, but I think someone suggest "Buzz Lightyear" because it introduced the low speed D rumble. I think this build fixed that.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

yul-brynner.jpg

As I said - thanks. Really appreciated.
I did indeed miss this. That's way cool. I would think that Tesla has all these data, but guess that they are behaving like most companies: access to these data is probably limited and probably some of those who don't have internal access still find it very interesting and useful... and so they turn to Hank's site.
The patterns that we can see there are just really interesting. Strong wave of updates to the 2.5 series...

One question to Hank... would it be possible to have the summary columns be a bit more... systematic? 14-20 days of "by day", then Sun-Mon weeks, maybe 4-7 of them, and then calendar months? That would make eye-balling the patterns a bit easier.
For example, it seems to me that the roll-out of 2.5.21 was the quickest we've ever seen... actually that's visible even in the current format, I guess :) Oh well, I thought I had a point...