Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not correct. Do you have a source? The cells definitely prefer to be stored below 50%. For daily cycling, keeping it right around the midpoint is advised.

Only in swedish and only as a short news-piece.
Batterimyterna som fr dina prylar - DN.SE

"Battery myths that destroy your gadgets" is the headline freely translated to english.

I have no idea if this is correct or not, but the source quoted in the article seemed good.

Had a surprise this afternoon when traction control activated on a dry surface while under mild acceleration. The car very sluggish and I thought I had some sort of power failure.

I will sometimes use both feet to, for example, control rollback on a slight incline that is not enough for Hill Assist to engage. If I happen to press both pedals momentarily, I'll get the audible and visual warning, but there is a second or two where power is really limited even though I'm only on the accelerator.

no LTE problem

.46 causes LTE failure - you'll see signal bars but no "LTE" or "3G" or "E" indication. No maps, no voice commands, no app access. "A new version is coming next week." Feh!

Yeah my car has been without any connectivity since last Tuesday. I got locked out over the weekend with my key and dog in it. Called Tesla but they couldn't open it remotely since the car appeared to be offline on their end :(
Came back 20 mins later and it magically opened.

Yeah my car has been without any connectivity since last Tuesday. I got locked out over the weekend with my key and dog in it. Called Tesla but they couldn't open it remotely since the car appeared to be offline on their end :(
Came back 20 mins later and it magically opened.

There have been some reports of people regaining connectivity by following a procedure (some with Tesla's help, some without it) to pull a "yellow fuse" from the fuse box in the frunk, leave it pulled for at least three minutes, and replace it. I'd suggest asking Tesla for assistance on how to pull this fuse, to see if that might resolve your issue.

There have been some reports of people regaining connectivity by following a procedure (some with Tesla's help, some without it) to pull a "yellow fuse" from the fuse box in the frunk, leave it pulled for at least three minutes, and replace it. I'd suggest asking Tesla for assistance on how to pull this fuse, to see if that might resolve your issue.
What's interesting is why this is affecting only SOME owners. There were longstanding reports of similar glitches with 3G, but these seem to have dropped off in frequency.
Since I did the fuse pull Sunday, LTE remains on. What's fascinating is that when we were heading to Vegas, LTE went out around the Cali-Nevada border. It was down during our three days in Vegas, and on the last day the Service Center there did the fuse pull and rescusitated LTE. However, LTE went out as we passed the Cali-Nevada border. Rebooting both screens had no effect.

So, it seems to be tower-associated, but the big unknown is "why?"

How can you get locked out with the key inside?

EXACTLY. I touched the door handles and nothing happened. I might have freaked out and cried a bit since my fur baby was locked inside. I did not have anything (no wallet, no cell phone!) on me. Luckily it was cool outside and we were covered.

I came back 20 mins later after a frantic call with Tesla and touched one of door handles...Voila, it opened. I am 100% certain that the key remained where I left it during the entire episode. My fur child is smart but not smart enough to move the key for me haha.

EXACTLY. I touched the door handles and nothing happened. I might have freaked out and cried a bit since my fur baby was locked inside. I did not have anything (no wallet, no cell phone!) on me. Luckily it was cool outside and we were covered.

I came back 20 mins later after a frantic call with Tesla and touched one of door handles...Voila, it opened. I am 100% certain that the key remained where I left it during the entire episode. My fur child is smart but not smart enough to move the key for me haha.

Yup. This has happened before to me. Pressing door handles or trunk release did nothing. Had to borrow someone's phone to unlock.

My 2013 Leaf will recognize that the key is still inside the car and will not allow itself to be locked. Wonder why Tesla can't seem to get this right.

Weird. I would have expected the doors to be openable, but this example (and others) proves it is possible. Glad to hear it was only temporary and that your pup did not suffer.

Btw, where exactly was the key located? I wonder if it was the same as an already established "dead zone" within the car.

Btw, where exactly was the key located? I wonder if it was the same as an already established "dead zone" within the car.
I came back from a workout. Keys were in my duffle bag. Opened the passenger door and tossed the bag on the passenger seat. Closed the door, walked around the car and the handles retracted in front of my eyes.
Tried everything I could think of to get them to extend again. Tried the trunk. Nothing. My phone was in the bag as well.
Walked into a shop, convinced the owner to let me call home. Asked my wife to use her phone to unlock the car over and over again until she sees the door open.
Worked.
But that wasn't my favorite Tesla moment.

What's interesting is why this is affecting only SOME owners. There were longstanding reports of similar glitches with 3G, but these seem to have dropped off in frequency.
Since I did the fuse pull Sunday, LTE remains on. What's fascinating is that when we were heading to Vegas, LTE went out around the Cali-Nevada border. It was down during our three days in Vegas, and on the last day the Service Center there did the fuse pull and rescusitated LTE. However, LTE went out as we passed the Cali-Nevada border. Rebooting both screens had no effect.

So, it seems to be tower-associated, but the big unknown is "why?"

My 3G problems returned today (at the same time my touchscreen unresponsiveness issues returned). Been fine until now after getting .46 last week.

I came back from a workout. Keys were in my duffle bag. Opened the passenger door and tossed the bag on the passenger seat. Closed the door, walked around the car and the handles retracted in front of my eyes.
Tried everything I could think of to get them to extend again. Tried the trunk. Nothing. My phone was in the bag as well.
Walked into a shop, convinced the owner to let me call home. Asked my wife to use her phone to unlock the car over and over again until she sees the door open.
Worked.
But that wasn't my favorite Tesla moment.

I touch handle nothing happens. Had key and phone same pocket. Removed phone touched handle it opened. :rolleyes: If key and phone are close key will not work.

Weird. I would have expected the doors to be openable, but this example (and others) proves it is possible. Glad to hear it was only temporary and that your pup did not suffer.

I think I placed in the center console...

By the way, my LTE connectivity returned from nothing (had bars but no LTE, 3G or E) after trying some tips from other thread.

1. Unplug usb devices from the center console
2. Place your foot on the brake pedal and hold it down for the duration of the reboot
3. Press and hold both top buttons on the steering wheel for 15 seconds
4. Press and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 15 seconds
5. Wait a couple minutes for the system to reboot and vehicle to reconnect to the cellular towers

I didn't have anything plugged in but tried the rest of steps.. I am glad it worked because I didn't really want to play with the fuse box.

Very interesting... I presume you have auto-presenting handles and auto-locking? It seems the car really did lose sight of the key right then, and decided to lock itself. At that point it's no surprise it refused to unlock, but it's still surprising that it lost contact with the key. Your duffel back isn't made of metal, is it? :) In all seriousness, I'm curious what Tesla's official response is in these kinds of instances.

I don't have those features, and my handles always stay open for about a minute before receding, but when they recede on their own (vs me locking the car) they remain unlocked.