Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most typical charge sessions are about three to four hours. I almost always charge at 56 amps. I generally try to have the charge sessions end somewhat close to when my wife is leaving, but tend to err on the conservative side, so they often end 30 minutes to an hour before she leaves.

Interesting. You charge at a greater current than I do... yet you seem to be more severely regen limited. Perhaps it's the greater time before you leave?

I haven't seen anyone comment on this... it seems to me that the behavior of the regen limit line has changed (for the better)
Last night my car was outside again at about 38F (3°C) and when I got in this morning I had a regen limit at about 30kW (much higher than it used to be after a night at that temperature with my 60, BTW).
With 6.1 the regen never reached the line - I'd always have what seemed like at least 5kW less than the limit line in maximum regen. But this morning with 6.2 I saw the regen reach just beyond the limit line (which kinda makes sense - the car consumes some energy for music, A/C, lights, computers, etc) so it can regen slightly more than what can be used to charge the battery.
Has anyone else noticed this new behavior?

I have noticed what you describe on our P85D, but on 6.1 (as well as 6.2 now). Our classic P85 Sig hardly ever reached the line.

So I wonder if it is more the hardware than the software influencing it.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this... it seems to me that the behavior of the regen limit line has changed (for the better)
Last night my car was outside again at about 38F (3°C) and when I got in this morning I had a regen limit at about 30kW (much higher than it used to be after a night at that temperature with my 60, BTW).

I'm not sure about the BEHAVIOR of the line, as I guess I've never paid close enough attention to notice it falling short of the line. I did comment a few days ago, though, about the fact that something seems to have changed with respect to the pack heating and/or the regen limits. (I don't think this is what you were referring to when you said you hadn't seen anyone comment on this yet, but it's relevant since you mentioned it in your "btw.")

Firmware 6.2 - Page 22

Interesting. You charge at a greater current than I do... yet you seem to be more severely regen limited. Perhaps it's the greater time before you leave?

Very possibly. I also have a P85D, so that might be a factor.

Before 6.2, I'm almost 100% certain that if the battery was cold enough that it needed to be warmed to raise the regen limit, that limit would never be higher than 30, even if the Model S was plugged in and preheating, and even if it had just finished charging.

Yes. Further evidence that is true. Set at 80%. Last 6.1 charge 210. First 6.2 charge 217. Fully expect it to settle back over a few weeks.

In my case I haven't seen any difference in rated range between the latter 6.1 versions and 6.2, as I keep track of this every time I "fully" charge (to either 90% or 100%).

Since I upgraded to 6.2, I've charged 3 times to 90% and it still shows 228 miles (this is with range mode ON), which it also showed on 6.1 the last few times I charged to 90%. At some point I did lose a mile or two due to battery degradation while on various 6.1 dot-releases.

In my case I haven't seen any difference in rated range between the latter 6.1 versions and 6.2, as I keep track of this every time I "fully" charge (to either 90% or 100%).

Since I upgraded to 6.2, I've charged 3 times to 90% and it still shows 228 miles (this is with range mode ON), which it also showed on 6.1 the last few times I charged to 90%. At some point I did lose a mile or two due to battery degradation while on various 6.1 dot-releases.
I suspect it has to do with degradation. You have a much newer car. Mine is 2.5 years old and also A battery. When yours recalibrates, it gets same result as prior. Mine recalibrates and then sinks to actual which reflects a little loss. Also, I regularly charge to 80 so there's some balancing loss too.

Noticed some bugs

Got it yesterday morning. The new nav stuff is awesome! Hope they continue to improve it though.

Since upgrading the firmware I have noticed a few bugs though.

* The pano roof no longer opens or closes. This may or may not be related but it was working fine the day before the upgrade. Tried rebooting, etc.

* I was going home, had input home into the nav but it kept trying to route me to a city 25 miles south of where I live. It showed the pin for home and my correct address, but the pin was located in Brockton, lol. Thankfully I know how to get home on my own!

Got it yesterday morning. The new nav stuff is awesome! Hope they continue to improve it though.Since upgrading the firmware I have noticed a few bugs though. * The pano roof no longer opens or closes. This may or may not be related but it was working fine the day before the upgrade. Tried rebooting, etc. * I was going home, had input home into the nav but it kept trying to route me to a city 25 miles south of where I live. It showed the pin for home and my correct address, but the pin was located in Brockton, lol. Thankfully I know how to get home on my own!
Haven't heard of pano root issue from anyone else here.

Navigation appears to have issues with hemispheric disambiguation, ie. Has difficulty between se and ne, seemingly when these are pre-existing favorites. So this can be pretty significantly wrong, based on size of city and how far street is from centre, which is a little vexing if you happen to live on one of these ;-). I first noted this to TM and then on here with the .200 release (on 6.1); the 6.2 update updated a few days later and shows the same behavior. There is a later revision (.236?) being noted on some classic S', maybe they can confirm if this has been addressed?Best workaround that worked for me is delete favorite, search again and re-favorite

Haven't heard of pano root issue from anyone else here.

Navigation appears to have issues with hemispheric disambiguation, ie. Has difficulty between se and ne, seemingly when these are pre-existing favorites. So this can be pretty significantly wrong, based on size of city and how far street is from centre, which is a little vexing if you happen to live on one of these ;-). I first noted this to TM and then on here with the .200 release (on 6.1); the 6.2 update updated a few days later and shows the same behavior. There is a later revision (.236?) being noted on some classic S', maybe they can confirm if this has been addressed?Best workaround that worked for me is delete favorite, search again and re-favorite

The pano roof is working again. Sort of. I think it may be a mechanical issue with the motor, unrelated to the software.

Here's what happens with the Nav (imagine when this photo was taken, I am already AT home. And the redacted part is my correct home address.

mJyWsS1.jpg

Interesting that I am not the only one with this problem. So will it have these problems if I try navigating to somewhere else in my favs? It'd be nice to know what to expect before I get lost, lol.

The pano roof is working again. Sort of. I think it may be a mechanical issue with the motor, unrelated to the software.

Here's what happens with the Nav (imagine when this photo was taken, I am already AT home. And the redacted part is my correct home address.

Interesting that I am not the only one with this problem. So will it have these problems if I try navigating to somewhere else in my favs? It'd be nice to know what to expect before I get lost, lol.
After more testing it appears to be stored addresses (Home, Work, previous locations). Which still sucks massively... but it's somewhat limited. It's as if some internal data format changed and they didn't upgrade the stored addresses...

I have a new feature to report I hadn't seen posted yet - but don't actually know if it's real feature or a glitch, and didn't read the middle chunk of pages to see if it'd been reported (watched the thread for the first 20 pages or so, skimmed the last couple).

Twice now I've noticed that the door handles didn't present when I put the car in park, until I hit park again. Since 6.2 I haven't noticed that they ever presented the first press, but only specifically noticed that they *didn't* until the 2nd press in these two situations where I pulled out from the garage, then paused in the driveway for my wife to get in the car. I generally put the car back in park for her to do so because that way she doesn't have to press the handle to get it to present, and there's less warning beeps and such.

If this is a feature now, that's awesome from my point of view. Never liked that the handles popped out when you first put it in park, and you still have the option to easily present them with a simple press vs. any touch screen digging around. If it's a glitch, well it should be a feature :) If it's been around since before 6.2 and I didn't notice, well then, I should pay more attention!