Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TesS (Sig P85, Nov 2012 delivery, 45k miles).

With 6.1 firmware, my 90% rated rose from 221-223 miles to 235-237 miles.
With 6.2 (.153) firmware yesterday morning, 90% rated rose immediately to 240; overnight (next charge and presumably balancing) cycle the rated range is now 232 miles with the UI still showing 90%.

Car has been in park for ~5 days now, so no driving consumption involved.

TesS (Sig P85, Nov 2012 delivery, 45k miles).

With 6.2 (.153) firmware yesterday morning, 90% rated rose immediately to 240; overnight (next charge and presumably balancing) cycle the rated range is now 232 miles with the UI still showing 90%.

Car has been in park for ~5 days now, so no driving consumption involved.
The spike to 240 I'd call an oddity. Maybe that's just some default value for a Sig P85 (so basically straight from a table with no adjustment).
And the slightly lower value after the last nightly charge... well, they keep playing with (err, fine tuning) the algorithm, I bet.
When's the last time you took the car below 10% SOC?
With my 60 (produced about 6 months after your Sig) the 90% readings would go to lala land if I didn't run it down to <30 miles range every once in a while... I had the 90% down to as low as 165miles and was getting worried about degradation. Next time I charged after driving the car down to about 15 miles it was back up to 178-ish.

And for me, once again, not even a 1 mile change after 6.2 the other night. (still getting 218 miles @ 90%).

The spike to 240 I'd call an oddity. Maybe that's just some default value for a Sig P85 (so basically straight from a table with no adjustment).
That's my read as well. It's the "lose the data, new firmware" set value that I get on probably 1 out of 3 firmware upgrades until a day or two of driving and/or balancing rebuilds some battery data on my actual battery.

- - - Updated - - -

When's the last time you took the car below 10% SOC?
I'd have to look through the logs. At least a month ago, I think.

I received my 6.2 update a few days ago, I have now have it weird issue. I have a USB drive with music, and before I get out of the car in the evening I pause what I am listening to before locking the car. When I get in the car in the morning I open the door and the music is playing and the album I was listening to has advanced by 10 or so tracks (could be more) and I noticed that range has decreased by a few miles. When I got my car 3 weeks ago, I didn't have this issue (music play or range decreasing).

Has anyone else experience this?

The music playing has been mentioned by others in the 6.2 bugs thread here: Bugs in firmware 6.2.

As for the range decreasing, I think you are probably just seeing typical vampire loss, and that you probably were seeing it before too. Or if the weather has changed, and it is warmer where you are now, and your car needs to cool the battery more than it did before, that could be causing more of a range decrease. But no one else, as far as I know, has noted any change in this behavior, and there has always been vampire loss, (search on that term to learn more), so I think you're probably just seeing normal Model S behavior.

:biggrin:
I received my 6.2 update a few days ago, I have now have it weird issue. I have a USB drive with music, and before I get out of the car in the evening I pause what I am listening to before locking the car. When I get in the car in the morning I open the door and the music is playing and the album I was listening to has advanced by 10 or so tracks (could be more) and I noticed that range has decreased by a few miles. When I got my car 3 weeks ago, I didn't have this issue (music play or range decreasing).

Has anyone else experience this?

ok I'll confess. I was driving your car and listening to your tunes. But really, grand funk railroad?

I got new update notification this afternoon (it was in SC for next gen seats replacement), and just finished update, it shows 2.4.160
I could not tell any difference in release notes with 2.4.153

any one else got this new one? (normally I get updates the second or third day)

No, but go post it here since you're the first ;)

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

I got new update notification this afternoon (it was in SC for next gen seats replacement), and just finished update, it shows 2.4.160
I could not tell any difference in release notes with 2.4.153

any one else got this new one? (normally I get updates the second or third day)

think I got the tracker updated now...

IMG_6086.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

I'm so glad that when I'm busy at Tae Kwon Do class others are doing the good work to ask people to post to the Firmware Upgrade tracker.
Positive reputation going to MikeBur and Benjamin Brooks! Everyone, please post your updates to the tracker! So far we have one from today and (oddly) romp says his VIN-less P85+ got it 4/11... I'll follow up with him to verify that :)
Grrr: updated to say "positive rep going to Mike, Benjamin and yoyo once my reputation giving ability has recharged..." - I run out every day :-/

Service center updated my P85D to .160 as well today. Initial changes noted is car steers itself (took me straight to In n Out Burger), it finally puts out the rated 691HP / 515kW inverter power, adds a usable blind spot awareness system, TACC doesn't try to rear end cars who are starting to enter/exit lanes, and premium stereo now sounds... Premium

Well, I'm kidding of course.. I'll just patiently await those other items but honestly, .160 has no difference I've seen or felt.

I've noticed that Bluetooth audio playback seems to be automatically resuming when I get into the car without needing to manually switch to the Bluetooth media source -- I've been wishing for this. I've only had 6.2 for a day or so thus can't say if this is a reliable new behaviour.

Btw my phone is an iphone 6, iOS 8.3