Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I'd like to see...
2015-10-24-dashboard-suggestion.jpg

+1. I learned to like the automatic trip as well. While headlight is being shown on the toy car, why don't we show the high beam and low beam as well, then we save to icons?:tongue:
This is a good idea.

Also, the warnings from parking sensors sometimes overlap the map directions. EXTREMELY annoying when you're standing at a complex intersection and need to check where to go. Why not use the toy car for that?

I don't think either of those screenshots are the new .77 build.

View attachment 99054

They're the leaked unknown version of the firmware from the first day of release when Tesla posted the announcement on their blog and then retracted that image. I don't believe any v7 build has that energy graph. Also, the temp is on the right side of the battery in .77, not the left. Same with the digital clock, it's on the left side of PRND, not the right.
You're right. I didn't know the original poster was Tesla itself. Makes you wonder if they'll release that energy graph app as well. I am also kinda curious why they switched the order.

I don't think either of those screenshots are the new .77 build.

View attachment 99054

They're the leaked unknown version of the firmware from the first day of release when Tesla posted the announcement on their blog and then retracted that image. I don't believe any v7 build has that energy graph. Also, the temp is on the right side of the battery in .77, not the left. Same with the digital clock, it's on the left side of PRND, not the right.
Oh NO! What happened to the energy graph inside the power meter?

- - - Updated - - -

What's the yellow, green, red bar with the 42 in next to the battery meter representing?
If the yellow, green and red bar is for thermometer indicating 42 deg C, Lets get rid of that, and just show the time after the 42C. i.e temperature + time. Yellow, green red temperature bar is too confusing with the battery icon, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Lane change requires hands on wheel. Is this new?
I hope it gets to USA from Finland.

What's the yellow, green, red bar with the 42 in next to the battery meter representing?

I think he wants that to be the energy meter, but I can't figure out what the colors are supposed to represent.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh NO! What happened to the energy graph inside the power meter?

That image is a leak and never released version of the firmware, but if I were to guess, the energy graph is in a separate "app" (as it should be).

but if I were to guess, the energy graph is in a separate "app" (as it should be).
I actually like the current power/regen meter and energy graph in one app, simply because I want to see both without using 2 panels. I can understand from a non-AP POV, the energy and power meters can be separate, but for AP with the car and lane markings in the middle, we need to better utilize the valuable space.

For classic UI, simply replace the clock with the energy graph as you wish:wink:

9d12c4d226ef1cf28aa5d6dc8e9736ab.jpg

Last edited:
I finally contacted Tesla HQ about my OTA issue (no OTA received since Jan. 29) at 12:20 PM and got a response at 2:14 PM saying that they were looking into it and another at 3:15 PM that my car was downloading the update. When I checked my car at 5:45 PM, I saw the update icon and started the process, which appeared to take somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour. Anyway, I hope that means the issue is resolved. I can't wait for 7.1 to bring back some of the missing dash data.

One thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned was that the walk-away door lock delay seems shorter. Before, sometimes when walking in from the garage, I'd wait a little bit at the door to watch it lock. This time, after checking out the v7 changes, there was hardly any wait. Could anyone confirm that it actually changed and isn't just me?

I finally contacted Tesla HQ about my OTA issue (no OTA received since Jan. 29) at 12:20 PM and got a response at 2:14 PM saying that they were looking into it and another at 3:15 PM that my car was downloading the update. When I checked my car at 5:45 PM, I saw the update icon and started the process, which appeared to take somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour. Anyway, I hope that means the issue is resolved. I can't wait for 7.1 to bring back some of the missing dash data.

What point version of 7.0 / 2.7 did you get, (.56, .77, other)? I can't tell from the firmware tracker (maybe I need a lesson there) how to tell if any .77 reports are from the U.S.

One thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned was that the walk-away door lock delay seems shorter. Before, sometimes when walking in from the garage, I'd wait a little bit at the door to watch it lock. This time, after checking out the v7 changes, there was hardly any wait. Could anyone confirm that it actually changed and isn't just me?
Yes, It is shorter delay, and I like it and feel safer.

It's is my crayon attempt to mock-up a live energy use bar. Cross-hatches show limited regen, green shows regen range, red is showing power in use and 42 is the answer to the .. umm the amount of power currently being used, or regenerated.

Power output bar probably nice in the same blue color as the Autopilot icons vs. red in hindsight. And I like my crosshatches the other way.

Wouldn't this make sense ??

It's is my crayon attempt to mock-up a live energy use bar. Cross-hatches show limited regen, green shows regen range, red is showing power in use and 42 is the answer to the .. umm the amount of power currently being used.

Might need to be a little simpler to interpret. Like a box that's 1/4 for regen on the left, and 3/4 is for power. And just tint from the left or right in yellow or whatever to indicate limited regen or power, but sticking with green for regen and orange for power would keep it clear. Then the 0 point would be at ~1/4 from the left, going up the right and down to the left. Along with the actual numeric value this would be *perfect*. I would literally pay for something like this.

It would be animated.. real-time. I don't feel like making an animated GIF right now though haha

powerbar.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Might need to be a little simpler to interpret. Like a box that's 1/4 for regen on the left, and 3/4 is for power. And just tint from the left or right in yellow or whatever to indicate limited regen or power, but sticking with green for regen and orange for power would keep it clear. Then the 0 point would be at ~1/4 from the left, going up the right and down to the left. Along with the actual numeric value this would be *perfect*. I would literally pay for something like this.
Oh ya it was orange for power output, I almost forgot already :smile:

Sounds like we're on the same page. I think they want to reduce the focus on the speeds and feeds for "average" buyers, but this is a like a tach in a typical car plus much more, and I expect a tachometer in any decent ICE even with an automatic transmission...

It's is my crayon attempt to mock-up a live energy use bar. Cross-hatches show limited regen, green shows regen range, red is showing power in use and 42 is the answer to the .. umm the amount of power currently being used, or regenerated.

Power output bar probably nice in the same blue color as the Autopilot icons vs. red in hindsight. And I like my crosshatches the other way.

Wouldn't this make sense ??
What is wrong with the current combination of power meter with energy graph in the middle?

What is wrong with the current combination of power meter with energy graph in the middle?

It has no accuracy whatsoever. There is literally no way to distinguish say 60 kW from 30 kW. You literally can't even tell when it's actually at 100 kW since there isn't even a tick there. When on a long trip I like to keep my power usage under 1/2C (~40 kW). Impossible with the new energy meter on AP cars.