Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mentioned it earlier in the post, but figured with the Summon hype it might have been missed. Do most owners use the quick select feature in the radio app? I noticed its missing, I used it all the time so its kinda a bummer its gone.

musicquickselse_zpsyjof9v6t.jpg

I mentioned it earlier in the post, but figured with the Summon hype it might have been missed. Do most owners use the quick select feature in the radio app? I noticed its missing, I used it all the time so its kinda a bummer its gone.

Just speaking for myself it is much easier to use the scroll wheel than to reach over to the 17".

Just speaking for myself it is much easier to use the scroll wheel than to reach over to the 17".

The problem with the scroll wheel is that my wife accidentally presses it, and when you do, you delete favorites. If I could disable that "feature" I'd consider using the scroll wheel. Not sure I would, but I'd give it a try...

according to firmware tracker, most of the updates are in the 05xxxx and 06xxxx VIN range. Also of note is no reported 7.1 updates for VINs after 09xxxx (cars since ~July '15 and essentially all of the P90D/90D's).

Maybe going older to newer? East to West??? who knows.... anyway, I didn't win the powerball tonight so I guess I'll continue obsessing on this....

I have a vin > 100000 & I saw a Notification that the Update downloaded - I want to say it happened in the AM. My car is in Service because they are replacing the sideview mirror. 70D. Not so excited that there is a +5 MPH buffer on Autosteeer.

The Summons is not at all useful for me today, but looking forward to playing with it when my car is back. I do acknowledge being lucky that the car can feel like brand new on any given update...

IIRC: He is trying to point out NO '90s have received the update.

Which is fine. But he also says it's an analomy that is statistically significant. Personally, I do not believe so given how fewer 90s out there versus their brethren. Just because the limited number of cars that have only been available for months hadn't received an update yet while out of the set of nearly 100k cars with batteries available over 3 years (that are also reporting their results) has doesn't mean we have a statistically significant even yet. But oh well. I'm out.

Not so excited that there is a +5 MPH buffer on Autosteeer.

That +5 MPH buffer on Auto Steer Beta is only on roads it is not intended for use on anyway. In earlier versions the release notes indicated that on those roads the speed would just be limited to 45 MPH. That would have meant that on some 55 MPH highways that people wanted to use Auto Steer on, they would have been limited to 45 MPH. Now on those roads they'll be limited to 60 MPH. This is less restrictive than what was in the release notes previously.

Sorry, confused. What's the quick select? The image you have here is what I use to make sure it's on Surround Sound/Fade/Balance and also for the equalizer. Is that useful for something else I never knew about?

Sorry, confused. What's the quick select? The image you have here is what I use to make sure it's on Surround Sound/Fade/Balance and also for the equalizer. Is that useful for something else I never knew about?

That icon on the far right has the same function as the right side steering wheel scroll button in changing media selections (AM, FM, TuneIn, Slacker, USB, Bluetooth, etc..). I never used it but apparently several people did and miss that it was removed.

So this is pretty much 26 pages on the one part of 7.1 that won't be available where I live.

How about at least a few posts on everything other than summon?

Some UI shots? (power meter, new AP display, any other new apps?)

Some talk about the restrictions would be good too. Considering that the car actually knows the speed limit on any given road less than 50% of the time, how do these restrictions work? how accurate is it at knowing which roads have dividers or not?

Let's hear about the important parts of this update!

I find that the restrictions are inconsistent. So far, I've only found roads that should be restricted but aren't. I've yet to find a road that is restricted when it shouldn't be. It also does the speed limit +5 based on what it thinks the limit is. If it's confused, it limits to the wrong speed.

So odd that launch control would be part of a previous release but then not on this release? Doesn't this mean the people who got launch control previously who now put 7.1 on their cars will lose launch control?

I am still waiting for my update but I have two questions…

- when using the auto park perpendicular parking… Does the car back into the spot or pull in front ways?

- I never got the update on my P85D that included launch control. Will this new 7.1 update include the launch control?

This release has launch control. It's not on the release notes, but it's in there. I never got the release that offered it before.

Would summon work with a garage that is not directly facing the street? Mine is attached at a right angle to the house and I would love it if it could pull in and out and align itself down the driveway.

It works, but it won't turn -- it will just back straight out.

Coolest video of the summoning feature I've seen so far: Tesla Model S Summon –Knight Rider style

Tesla has built the real life "K.I.T.T." with the 7.1 Firmware release!

Which is why I suggested KITT as the name for this version of the firmware. But of course the decision is up to whomever was the first to report it in the tracker.

And speaking of the tracker, I don't believe anyone has proposed a name for this version yet. I don't know who the first person to report it in the tracker was, and of course the rights to name belong to that person. But that person can take suggestions. Since this is such a significant update, perhaps the community might make some suggestions. I have one, though I'm sure there will be others that are better. But I would like to suggest "KITT", for obvious reasons. Alternatively, we could modify the KI in KITT, which according to Wikipedia stands for Knight Industries, to TI, for Tesla Industries, but I think there may be some issues with that. :) So we should probably just stick with KITT, if people like the idea.