Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing here in TX. I have a service appointment Tuesday so if I'll have it pushed if I don't get it earlier.
Some in Texas have received it, but I wouldn't be so eager to be one of the first. Better to get it after a week or two when they're sending out a minor update with bug fixes. It always happens. That's why the new releases are rolled out slowly, so any bugs don't hit all the cars at once.

I don't really buy the theory that they roll out firmware slowly. At least not with the major releases.

If one looks at the firmware tracker there is already 62 entries for V7.1, and the update hasn't even reached California yet. When was the last time the firmware tracker showed that many updates for a day? Likely not sense the European rollout of AP for V7.0.

I'm still on the first version of V7.0 that I received (2.7.56), and that was back in October.

It just doesn't seem to fit the pattern of a slow gradual rollout. Instead it seems like they rollout updates (depending on time zone), and then they hodgepodge fixes. I don't know how they determine who gets the intermediate updates. There are some people here that seem to get every update, and there are some who don't seem to get any of them except the major ones. It seems to be a different behavior than the V6.2 updates.

Some in Texas have received it, but I wouldn't be so eager to be one of the first. Better to get it after a week or two when they're sending out a minor update with bug fixes. It always happens. That's why the new releases are rolled out slowly, so any bugs don't hit all the cars at once.

I agree that more things may be picked up as time passes but I would bet that these things have been in alpha and beta testing for some time now. Hopefully, many issues would have been picked up by that group(s)

according to firmware tracker, most of the updates are in the 05xxxx and 06xxxx VIN range. Also of note is no reported 7.1 updates for VINs after 09xxxx (cars since ~July '15 and essentially all of the P90D/90D's).

Maybe going older to newer? East to West??? who knows.... anyway, I didn't win the powerball tonight so I guess I'll continue obsessing on this....