Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So who's sleeping in their car tonight to make sure they can "push button" asap?!

I AM! Here's a picture of me and a bunch of other diehards camped out in front of Tesla HQ, waiting to upgrade to 8.0!

Ce3jR9NVAAAtrQz-930x698.jpg

Guess I'll be camping out tonight in the garage. Good thing I just got the flu shot and can do with a little break from working out...

PS-- don't forget to get your flu shots!;)

Isn't it just easier to wait inside until you get the notification on your phone, then go out to the garage?

But yes, get your flu shot if you haven't already. (I did mine last weekend.)

Bruce.

Isn't it just easier to wait inside until you get the notification on your phone, then go out to the garage?
Bruce.

I have never gotten any notifications from my iPhone or iPad Tesla app that I got a software update. I get notifications when the car starts and stops charging.

I have delete the Tesla app and reinstalled it. I have all of the notifications checked and still no software update notifications. When my Tesla was at the SC a couple of weeks ago, they did a complete software reset and loaded the latest firmware. I just got the latest 2.36.31 firmware today and all I saw was the yellow clock on the 17" display. It seems like everyone else but me gets the software update notifications. :(

I have never gotten any notifications from my iPhone or iPad Tesla app that I got a software update. I get notifications when the car starts and stops charging.

I have delete the Tesla app and reinstalled it. I have all of the notifications checked and still no software update notifications. When my Tesla was at the SC a couple of weeks ago, they did a complete software reset and loaded the latest firmware. I just got the latest 2.36.31 firmware today and all I saw was the yellow clock on the 17" display. It seems like everyone else but me gets the software update notifications. :(
You're not alone. Although I've only had my iPhone for a very short time, I have the Tesla app on it and I received no notification of
the update that happened just yesterday.

IMG_0981.PNG IMG_0980.PNG
It seems like everyone else but me gets the software update notifications. :(

Although I've only had my iPhone for a very short time, I have the Tesla app on it and I received no notification of
the update that happened just yesterday.

My software messages do not display in the app, but as a screen banner. In addition to the Tesla app notifications being checked (software is the very last option on the bottom so scroll all the way down), also be sure your iphone is toggled properly to receive the notifications in Settings->Notifications->Tesla App->allow notifications -on, show on lock screen on, show in notification center -on.

Edit: I had to reboot my phone to get the calendar to synch. Maybe a phone reboot will clear the comms for the notifications too. good luck.

Last edited:
It's here. 1hr 40m to install. Have to wait till the weekend, assuming that is possible, to apply the update though. Tried to find release notes on Tesla website but no go.
There have been many many threads in the past 2 days about people thinking they are getting notified of the 8.0 update but in fact it is an incremental 7.1 update.

I'm getting tired of typing the same thing over and over again...

It's here. 1hr 40m to install. Have to wait till the weekend, assuming that is possible, to apply the update though. Tried to find release notes on Tesla website but no go.

Anyone applied the update? What did you find the best and worst part of the update?

Damn,
I opened up a bottle of Justin Isosceles Reserve after reading this first post, before seeing it was a false alarm. Not sure what to do with it now ;)

RT