Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.13.77 WiFi - No Fix for Me

FWIW, I don't see that 2.13.77 has changed anything with the previously reported WiFi problem. After installation and reboot, my MS went to LTE and didn't automatically select my garage WiFi until I manually selected my default WiFi network name. My MS always used to go to WiFi by default before 2.12.126 seems to have broken it. I still have an incident open with Tesla, awaiting a call from my SC, but honestly don't expect they'll be able to solve anything in this regard.

I have not tried anything related to my dual-chargers as charging took place last night to 90%, and I have no planned errands today. Will need others to give it a try and report back please.

Did you read the release notes? There are new options, and it needs to be enabled again, but configured properly it should still work with the fob.

The options for Canadian cars only include distance settings and auto-homelink. The release notes specifically say that you must use the app for summon. With summon rolling out to the UK with this release, it'll be interesting to see if they have the same restrictions or not.

The options for Canadian cars only include distance settings and auto-homelink. The release notes specifically say that you must use the app for summon. With summon rolling out to the UK with this release, it'll be interesting to see if they have the same restrictions or not.

My apologies to Jgdixon, then.

There has been a lot of confusion about summon not working or not working properly after the recent updates required that it be re-enabled. I didn't realize there were such significant differences between the Canadian and US versions. Sorry about that.

I have not tried anything related to my dual-chargers as charging took place last night to 90%, and I have no planned errands today. Will need others to give it a try and report back please.

Posts 1788 and 1789 address that. I even included a picture in post 1789. :)

Hmm... one more elephant in the update (behind the scenes) that I'm not sure I should post about, for fear of severely pissing off Tesla. heh.

Edit: SHA256 of the info I'll have a moral debate with myself on whether or not I'll post about it or not later on: 90635303cac8ab6a6a303d37db088f2a69d5224c59c5a486465f9d4be159e29d

Edit edit: No, nothing dangerous or scandalous or anything... just something I probably shouldn't know about yet.

Come on Jason, just post it! You know you want to. Besides, since when are you worried about "severely pissing off Tesla"? :biggrin:

I'm not sure what thread to post this in, but I usually get power limited down below 50 rated miles SOC.

I'm on a road trip and at 50 degrees and just 16 rated miles, I'm still not getting any power limiting. (See image). Seems really strange, because I am seeing more power limiting regardless of SOC at higher temps like other people have commented above.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457112092.671391.jpg

My apologies to Jgdixon, then.

There has been a lot of confusion about summon not working or not working properly after the recent updates required that it be re-enabled. I didn't realize there were such significant differences between the Canadian and US versions. Sorry about that.

Posts 1788 and 1789 address that. I even included a picture in post 1789. :)
Believe me I read everything and was well aware of the differences.
I was just told it may be related to the immobilizer that we have in our fobs here in Canada.

Looks like someone cracked the easy portion I posted on twitter. The one I posted here is going to be harder, but for very little gain. Nice work brute forcers :p

For future firmware releases, Tesla should just include tags and images for every trim and battery size 105,110,115,120,125... Say, up to 200. Then nobody will know when they're getting close to release a new battery size.

With 2.13.77 and summon, has anyone noticed an increase in the cars determination to get over lips to get into a garage? Summon is new to me in this version, so I have nothing to compare it to. I had readthat it doesn't like 1" lips or greater lips, sometimes getting the first wheels over, but usually not the second. The few times I tried it, it got both sets of wheels over the lip. It struggled, but then upped the power to make it over (which resulted in it nearing the rear of the garage at a bit of a 'fast' speed.

For future firmware releases, Tesla should just include tags and images for every trim and battery size 105,110,115,120,125... Say, up to 200. Then nobody will know when they're getting close to release a new battery size.
I must admit that I find it odd that they don't just include a font with the firmware and render the badge as text rather than use art assets. Then they can report whatever they want in any car. It also means that, in theory, you could have some fun with it. An example is displaying a P85 as a P70 whenever the degradation telemetry suggests that's what you're really driving. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

With 2.13.77 and summon, has anyone noticed an increase in the cars determination to get over lips to get into a garage? Summon is new to me in this version, so I have nothing to compare it to. I had readthat it doesn't like 1" lips or greater lips, sometimes getting the first wheels over, but usually not the second. The few times I tried it, it got both sets of wheels over the lip. It struggled, but then upped the power to make it over (which resulted in it nearing the rear of the garage at a bit of a 'fast' speed.
The ..126 firmware tolerates the dip for the grate in front of my garage. Prior firmware did not. I haven't tried newer firmware yet.

I'm surprised they don't just have images for numbers 0-9 and all letters and then join them together like they do on their website when creating images of vehicles on the fly.

I must admit that I find it odd that they don't just include a font with the firmware and render the badge as text rather than use art assets. Then they can report whatever they want in any car. It also means that, in theory, you could have some fun with it. An example is displaying a P85 as a P70 whenever the degradation telemetry suggests that's what you're really driving.

Exactly what I had in mind!