Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can write virtual hardware testbeds. I really don't see how they could get by without doing so.

I'm sure they do, but the combinatoric explosion still means they can test only a tiny percentage of what's actually out there. And, of course, testing on a simulator only sort of tells you how the real hardware will behave. Good luck with the edge cases.

So no, I'm quite sure they test only a small, but representative, portion of the combinations of hardware out there. Things will slip through. That's part of the reason for staged rollout of updates.

With 2.13.77 and summon, has anyone noticed an increase in the cars determination to get over lips to get into a garage? Summon is new to me in this version, so I have nothing to compare it to. I had readthat it doesn't like 1" lips or greater lips, sometimes getting the first wheels over, but usually not the second. The few times I tried it, it got both sets of wheels over the lip. It struggled, but then upped the power to make it over (which resulted in it nearing the rear of the garage at a bit of a 'fast' speed.

Funnily enough, was showing off summon for brother in law today and new fW 2.13.77 is *worse*. Minuscule lip on garage entrance, And it now gives up continually when entering the garage, only when going forward. Reversing is fine. Flat drive, concrete slab abutting garage floor with < 1/8in height difference. That was embarrassing...

With 2.13.77 and summon, has anyone noticed an increase in the cars determination to get over lips to get into a garage? Summon is new to me in this version, so I have nothing to compare it to. I had readthat it doesn't like 1" lips or greater lips, sometimes getting the first wheels over, but usually not the second. The few times I tried it, it got both sets of wheels over the lip. It struggled, but then upped the power to make it over (which resulted in it nearing the rear of the garage at a bit of a 'fast' speed.
Yes. Like you, I read that it didn't like humps of any size, so I was pleased when it negotiated my hump/dip/hump/slope; it paused a couple of times but then girded its loins and went on.

I'm not sure if 2.13.77 was mostly rolled out to people with dual chargers (since that is a piece of information we don't track), but after a swift start the reports have stopped to a trickle... so either this roll-out was stopped or it wasn't a full roll-out to the installed base after all.

Interesting.

I'm not sure if 2.13.77 was mostly rolled out to people with dual chargers (since that is a piece of information we don't track), but after a swift start the reports have stopped to a trickle... so either this roll-out was stopped or it wasn't a full roll-out to the installed base after all.

Interesting.

They're busy stripping the code of all references to future models...

Set the door unlock to only drivers door. Then lock all your doors. Now, using your iPhone App unlock your car. The driver door will present. Now, wait until the door handles go back in. Walk over to the passenger side and press on the door handle. The passenger side door will not present, instead only the drivers door will present. They can go many ways with this, for example, don't present any doors, or present the passenger door. I assume it is following your settings by not unlocking all the doors even when done form the iPhone app.

What was the bug, inquiring minds what to know?

Set the door unlock to only drivers door. Then lock all your doors. Now, using your iPhone App unlock your car. The driver door will present. Now, wait until the door handles go back in. Walk over to the passenger side and press on the door handle. The passenger side door will not present, instead only the drivers door will present. They can go many ways with this, for example, don't present any doors, or present the passenger door. I assume it is following your settings by not unlocking all the doors even when done form the iPhone app.

So that was what you observed but what did you consider the bug? The fact that the passenger door would not present (IMHO that is working as designed with only the driver door set to unlock). Or that the driver's door presented on touching the passenger door, which seems a bit odd but is consistent with pressing any door causing all unlocked doors to present? Or perhaps the iPhone App needs two buttons in this mode, one for driver only and one for all doors?

Yes, I agree, it's not so much a bug but it was a bit unexpected. I see their logic behind at least presenting the drivers door so that you knew you could get in from that door. Like you said, maybe just a way to unlock all doors from the iPhone App like you can do with the key.

So that was what you observed but what did you consider the bug? The fact that the passenger door would not present (IMHO that is working as designed with only the driver door set to unlock). Or that the driver's door presented on touching the passenger door, which seems a bit odd but is consistent with pressing any door causing all unlocked doors to present? Or perhaps the iPhone App needs two buttons in this mode, one for driver only and one for all doors?

Yes, I agree, it's not so much a bug but it was a bit unexpected. I see their logic behind at least presenting the drivers door so that you knew you could get in from that door. Like you said, maybe just a way to unlock all doors from the iPhone App like you can do with the key.

There is no good reason why the app's lock button cannot work like the sunroof vent/close button. Have Lock turn to Unlock All (when the car is locked) and have the current Unlock become Unlock Driver.

Something I noticed this weekend with 2.13.77 that I had not seen before is that if you cancel a trip the graph nows stays in the energy app trip screen but the progress arrow is no longer displayed. Before it used to say that no trip has been selected, or words to that effect, and would be blank. It's been two updates since I planned a trip so this may not be new.

Something I noticed this weekend with 2.13.77 that I had not seen before is that if you cancel a trip the graph nows stays in the energy app trip screen but the progress arrow is no longer displayed. Before it used to say that no trip has been selected, or words to that effect, and would be blank. It's been two updates since I planned a trip so this may not be new.

I've seen this behavior in previous releases. Don't know when the reset point it. Maybe the same time the trip counter resets

Very odd pattern for 2.13.120. Very few reports (just ten so far), but rather impressive coverage: four countries, AWD/RWD, broadly spread out across VINs and battery sizes... feels like it's a "quick test" of some fix or two, but they aren't convinced, yet, that they got it right. My expectation is that we'll see another build very soon, possibly after the weekend.