Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that my request for a clear sign of "this is the next one" was heard :)
We already have 67 reports for 2.14.66 installs (that's the most we had in one day in a long time) and the coverage seems truly broad. 9 countries (the most since 2.12.126), Model S&X, most battery sizes (40 and 60 are missing, 40s are rare, but there are a ton of 60s out there... wonder what's up with that... maybe they are old enough by now that people aren't as active here anymore... similarly no P85+... could be the same reason). All VIN ranges, except for the first 10k. Hey, I'm sensing a pattern...
So my guess right now is that this is a full on roll-out and I'd chalk the lack of Model S 60, Model S P85+ and very early cars (including all the Model S Sigs) to lower participation rate among owners of those cars; but there is a chance that this is more geared towards newer cars. 61 AP cars, only 6 non-AP.

If you have received 2.14.66, please post to the tracker. ESPECIALLY if you have any of the so far not represented cars:
VIN < 10k, 60, P85+
Actually, regardless, just post them to the tracker :)

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Looking at the tracker, there have been 67updates to 2.14.66 today, including my car. The last time there were as many as 50 in a day for a single build was March 4th with build 2.13.77. In between then and now there have been six other builds, but none have installed more than 25 times in any single day. Clearly 2.14.66 is a major roll-out. It will be interesting to see if updates converge on this one active build in coming days.

there are a ton of 60s out there... wonder what's up with that...

If indeed this build contains additional safety code for charging (rumored to be included in this build, addressing the Norway fire), 40's and 60's may not be prioritized because none of the 40's and only a fraction of the 60's are Supercharger-enabled.

VIN <10k, most of them have "A" battery packs limited to 90 kW charging, correct? May also not be prioritized for this fix.

If indeed this build contains additional safety code for charging (rumored to be included in this build, addressing the Norway fire), 40's and 60's may not be prioritized because none of the 40's and only a fraction of the 60's are Supercharger-enabled.

VIN <10k, most of them have "A" battery packs limited to 90 kW charging, correct? May also not be prioritized for this fix.
Very good points. Yes, a prioritization for super charger enabled cars makes perfect sense. We now have one VIN 3xxx report and a couple reports from 60s, which apparently are both super charger enabled. Still no P85+ but at this point I'd say this is clearly a full on roll-out with possibly a prioritization / focus on super charger enabled cars. 81 reports so far (including my wife's 90D).

So my guess right now is that this is a full on roll-out and I'd chalk the lack of Model S 60, Model S P85+ and very early cars (including all the Model S Sigs) to lower participation rate among owners of those cars
As time goes one, more of these have been traded in for newer Ss and with Tesla's new penchant for making CPOs = the new loaner fleet, it could also be that over the next few months/years, the 40s (unlocked) and 60s shift over to the loaner fleet.

My 78xx has a B-pack, but yes, no update yet. Not that it bothers me. I get updates whenever I get them.

I got a patch both on Wednesday then again on Friday. Interesting.

I did notice a change, but can't tell when this happened. Under Trips, for Current Trip, the middle column is now measured in minutes since departure instead of kWh consumed. Cool.

- K
IIRC, elapsed time has been displayed for the current trip since the UI upgrade in 7.0 which added the current trip indicator. I recall this because I was initially irritated because I would have preferred the total energy used on the current trip. However, I have gotten used to the change and it is nice to know the elapsed time. Unfortunately, there is not enough room to show both and neither item of information is critical enough to me to warrant making a fuss.

My 2 day old 90D upgraded to 2.14.66 this morning and now my iPhone cannot wake the car up. I'm guessing there's an easy fix to this, but am still on the learning curve as this is my first Tesla

My car, also with 2.14.66, was non-responsive this morning with the "waiting for systems to power up" message. I had to reboot the center display in order for the car to power up.

Yes, a prioritization for super charger enabled cars makes perfect sense. We now have one VIN 3xxx report and a couple reports from 60s, which apparently are both super charger enabled. Still no P85+ but at this point I'd say this is clearly a full on roll-out with possibly a prioritization / focus on super charger enabled cars. 81 reports so far (including my wife's 90D).

This could be an interesting bit of additional data, though more likely it is just a coincidence.

For the widely distributed firmware updates, I have generally been among the first to receive them. I still do not have this latest one. Of note is that I also am a very, very light user of the Supercharging network. I have basically only really utilized Superchargers twice on a real trip, when they were needed, and I believe I have Supercharged briefly two or three other times, to make sure that my car could, and for the novelty of it.

As I said, it's probably just a coincidence, but if Tesla was really prioritizing getting the update to cars that needed it because of the likelihood they'd be Supercharging, they were correct to send it to others before sending it to me.