Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
scare after update. Walk to the garage this morning and door handles present, but when I get in the car, the center console stays blank, the mirrors don't fold out and the car stays in starting up mode for ever. Tried the key fob, closing the car opening etc. Nothing. After a 15 minute break, same thing. Called tesla and the had me reboot the car by holding both wheel buttons while pressing break until the T logo appeared on the center display.
Haven't driven yet but this is just a reminder that we are driving a computer on wheels. CTl-Alt-Del...

scare after update. Walk to the garage this morning and door handles present, but when I get in the car, the center console stays blank, the mirrors don't fold out and the car stays in starting up mode for ever. Tried the key fob, closing the car opening etc. Nothing. After a 15 minute break, same thing. Called tesla and the had me reboot the car by holding both wheel buttons while pressing break until the T logo appeared on the center display.
Haven't driven yet but this is just a reminder that we are driving a computer on wheels. CTl-Alt-Del...
I've had this occur twice on previous updates. A forced manual reboot got things back to normal each time. Good luck, and please report back your resolution.

First time I've heard about the pressing the brake at the same time technique. Is this unusual?

Tesla is not alone. Quick search any car. They are all computers with 50 to 100 microprocessors, or even more.. The gas engine and multispeed automatic transmissions are also controlled by computers. Tesla is actually simpler.

At least we have the option to reboot. The others have to go to the shop. How many "engine trouble" lights are just "reset" at the service center?

Reactions: bhzmark
Omg this is amazing! I want this. Hopefully not just for p85d!

It's the rainbow road course from the Mario Kart games for anyone who had a deprived childhood.

This (and other things that are found in new firmware versions after they are out for a little while) is why I believe there should be a moratorium of at least a few days between the time a new version comes out and the time it is "officially" named in the tracker.

Hank--I'm not suggesting a change to who has the rights to do the naming. I'm merely suggesting that the actual naming not take place for a few days, so that if a new feature is discovered, the name may be changed by whomever had the right to designate the name before that name had become the official name. Does that make sense?

In this case, "Same Old, Same Old", which was in place only hours after the update was first out (good job on being on top of things), doesn't really do this version justice!

Sorry if this has been covered in the past (don't have time to read 105 pages) but why haven't I gotten the software download yet? Are they not available to everyone at once? I took deliver about two weeks ago.
Not all cars get them at the same time. Minor updates often never go to all cars. Just be patient and you will get your update when Tesla decides to send it to you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
Sorry if this has been covered in the past (don't have time to read 105 pages) but why haven't I gotten the software download yet? Are they not available to everyone at once? I took deliver about two weeks ago.

Software updates are pushed out by Tesla. No one knows exactly how they decide who gets an update when, but it's best not to worry too much about it. If you don't get this version, you may get the next one. Or not. But you'll get one eventually.

There's a great firmware upgrade tracker at the URL below, where you can see data on how upgrades have been rolled out in the past, and add your data when you do eventually get one. (And you will!)

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

Not all cars get them at the same time. Minor updates often never go to all cars. Just be patient and you will get your update when Tesla decides to send it to you.
Tesla Motors has mentioned that an update is more frequent or possible if you are connected to WiFi.

Another way to speed the process is when your vehicle is serviced at Tesla Motors.

My Model X is getting updates much more frequently than Model S. They both have the WiFi connected. I would appreciate getting an update to Model S so the odometer reading would appear with the trip/charge summary display on the driver's dash.