Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I've only put a few miles on since having 2.17.37 installed, but my impression is sensitivity of the (front) parking sensors has increased. I turn left at a signal near my home very often, which has a median with a curb on the left we line up against waiting for the light. While I appreciate that my distance to that curb will make a difference, with the dozens of previous times I've been there and looked at my IC while stopped, the "radar" graphic from the front bumper is always white or perhaps yellow (generally with autosteer off of course). I was very surprised to see those indicators as red today -- so much so, that I turned around to go back, wait for that light again with the same curb on my left and yup, red once again. I could have missed it in the past, but I doubt it -- the red is something I have rarely, if ever encountered before, and I doubt I was closer to the curb both times today than I've ever been before. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: faughtz
I had the "TC/SC/AEB/AP/regen disabled" issue a couple of times prior to 2.16.17. Now my car is on 2.17.50 (installed by SC as part of Ludicrous retrofit), and I just got another "AEB disabled" error as I pulled out of the SC. The error went away after a power-off as before. Looks like they still haven't fixed this particular bug in the latest firmware.

I think there's been a change to the premium audio as well.
Before, when I pressed and held the upper button on the wheel (left side, of course), source would change from the USB to the radio. To go back to where I was on the USB I'd have to bring it up on the center console and go through the entire selection process again.
This morning when I switched from radio to USB on the center console, I saw that the USB source showed where I was when it switched away. I just selected that point and it picked up at that song.
That's an improvement IMHO.

What's wrong with the water at Tesla? We now have 2.17.50, 2.17.65 and 2.17.80... all three with reports today. With all due respect - I'm supposed to believe that all of these builds went through reasonable testing and QA cycles?

Observation: Those three build numbers are exactly .15 apart.

Maybe they're actually doing some sort of A/B/C testing?

Then again, probably not. <rolleyes>

I think there's been a change to the premium audio as well.
Before, when I pressed and held the upper button on the wheel (left side, of course), source would change from the USB to the radio. To go back to where I was on the USB I'd have to bring it up on the center console and go through the entire selection process again.
This morning when I switched from radio to USB on the center console, I saw that the USB source showed where I was when it switched away. I just selected that point and it picked up at that song.
That's an improvement IMHO.

Last version required me to reboot the CID to re-enable the subwoofer 2 times. So I'd say there are some changes happening.

You are QA.

Maybe if they had comprehensive release notes and a system to file bugs it may be more productive than annoying.
You nailed it. They clearly don't do sufficient QA on these builds. How could they possibly do that. And if we are supposed to do the QA for them, we need to know what changed / what to test, and how to get our feedback to them.

#FAIL

I don't think they want or need our feedback. TMC is collecting data without the contradictory comments of what someone likes or another one wants (feedback garbage). They are improving the car with a vision of what the market wants and needs. Amazing how driving the most advanced production car in the world gives us a sense of entitlement and a air of superiority.

Every revision no matter how small is a "improvement" in the sense that it moves the technology limited by the hardware forward. Clearly the improvements will become smaller and smaller as the platform becomes aged but the knowledge gathered up is used to springboard into the next leap forward. So sure, we are, as early adopters, the QC and experimental guinea pigs. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
I don't think they want or need our feedback. TMC is collecting data without the contradictory comments of what someone likes or another one wants (feedback garbage). They are improving the car with a vision of what the market wants and needs. Amazing how driving the most advanced production car in the world gives us a sense of entitlement and a air of superiority.

How exactly are they collecting "I'm freezing the heater isn't working and I have to toggle range mode on and off to defrost myself still hoping to make it to my destination"?

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
That is just you. On a broader range of data collection most are not having the difficulty that you are having (I haven't so I offset your discomfort with another of my own). You live in New England (cold), I live in Florida (hot). Is the climate control for heat adequate? Cool? Or compared to ICE.

So do they modify the fleet because you didn't plan well? I don't mean that disparagingly. I have cut things close as well.

Back to the old adage you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Helpful
Reactions: AWDtsla and Nevek
That is just you. On a broader range of data collection most are not having the difficulty that you are having (I haven't so I offset your discomfort with another of my own). You live in New England (cold), I live in Florida (hot). Is the climate control for heat adequate? Cool? Or compared to ICE.

So do they modify the fleet because you didn't plan well? I don't mean that disparagingly. I have cut things close as well.

Back to the old adage you can't please all of the people all of the time.

No it's not just me, it's just not you. It doesn't work *right* compared to any ICE car, and it's clearly a software problem.

The car should literally be pleasing all of the people all of the time, or people will buy better products.This is not politics, it's engineering.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
Updated to 2.17.37 two days ago. I do not drive with AC (Climate) on. I crack all the windows and enjoy the cool ocean air. Anyway, yesterday and today, the AC/Climate system will just randomly turn on. I set it back to Off, but at no particular time or distance, it turns back on.

Any ideas if this is related to the firmware 2.17.37 update? I have had Zero problems like this in the past.

Nonsense. Engineering be it software or mechanical is always a compromise.

Name one thing that everyone is happy with all of the time and I'll concede. No such thing.

Bullshit. That's what software does. One thing for another situation, another thing for another.

Like I said above, there are pure software problems with the climate control. The hardware is perfectly capable. The guy working on it doesn't know what he's doing, or doesn't have any feedback that there is something wrong. Between Fremont and Florida, neither of you apparently have a clue.

• Disagree
Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar