Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like roll out is indeed picking up steam. My guess would be that the hick up yesterday was regarding a deployment issue (@Ingineer hinted to that with some sys logs of the update process). They might not have tested all possible combinations of upgrade paths and car configs out there :)

Thanks for posting your video of the drivers display while using AP. While I do not have an AP car I have driven my father's AP 7.1 car for several hours and I can say that V8.0 AP is obviously much improved. The increased ability of the radar to detect multiple cars and the way the software renders them in the display is amazing! I watched very carefully as you drove and listened to your narration and it was incredible the way the display showed the cars forward of you moving around on the road.

V8.0 AP is a big step forward on the path to autonomous driving. It is astonishing that Tesla accomplished that with a single forward radar and single forward camera. When Tesla adds more radars and cameras it seems likely that they will demonstrate that Lidar is unnecessary for full autonomy.

Off topic, but relevant to ask threads, including this one; we need agree and disagree buttons. Now, I don't know if those take the place of Like/Dislike or not, but give it some thought.
Best to put this in the "Site Feedback" forum. FYI, it was discussed and suggested during forum redesign, but not acted upon -- may have fell through the cracks with all that was going on.

In the 10+ updates I've had since delivery, some have come day and night, both WiFi and LTE -- but honestly, most over night for whatever reason. Remember, the Tesla Gods control this and we don't know all their secrets. :)
I'm convinced that if you say anything bad about Elon you are automatically put on the s$&t list and go to the end of the queue.

LOVE YOU ELON! Such a brilliant handsome man.

Received the notification at 12:50 AM PST last night and installed this morning (2.36.108). I didn't do anything out of the norm (e.g. drove to work, plugged her in when I got home where wifi is good enough in the garage, and did not stop by a geofence or connect to service center wifi).

Have not driven it yet, but did play for a second with music player / USB. It's definitely not an upgrade for that :\

• Informative
Reactions: tmarcc and ArtInCT