Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a new one for me:

image.jpeg

Yes, sorry, I thought we were talking US D cars. What I didn't know is that the EU cars are now also having a motorized (close) port too.

No worries, not even the Tesla engineers (ingineers? ;)) seem to remember, as all the observed errors with the charging doors suggest.

My VIN 152xxx has the type 2 connector motorized charging door, no error after V8 update.

What VIN and type of charging door do those have that got the error? Please chime in...

Was there an obstacle in your path and if so, what was it?

I haven't seen that one either (yet)...

Mike

No obstacle in my path..

Another fun tidbit as I play around the limits of 8.0:

After the 3rd strike of "Hold Steering Wheel" being ignored, AP does NOT disengage (including Autosteer) despite the super loud tones and nasty red messages on the IC. It just starts to slow down but you can override it by gently pressing on the accelerator pedal.

So if you find a way to somehow ignore the audio (earplugs?) Autosteer continues to function. I haven't tried it for very long as the tones were just too loud and I didn't have earplugs handy ;) however I tried it long enough to confirm that Autosteer continued to work and the car merrily followed curves along the freeway.

IMG_4581.JPG

Reactions: Lex and JenniferQ
Ok I feel l need to log my AP 8.0 experience here. Apologies in advance for the long post.

At the moment, at least as it relates to AP, I wish I was still on 7.1.

I am sure that others have had different/better experiences, but that is my experience...please don't flame me for sharing it. I'm just trying to be helpful and add to the dialogue and the record.

Thank you for sharing. This was really helpful. Another confirmation that for now I should not upgrade and stick with 7.1 until they remove some of these dangerous bugs.

I really appreciated how, in 7.1, I could set the AP speed to, say, 70 and it would change speeds up and down as I drove through speed zones. That no longer works, and I now have to keep manually re-upping the speeds. So, it broke my valid and common use case and didn't fully fix anything, which makes me wonder about who designs these things.

Disengaging AP should set TACC to the current speed, in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. I really enjoy the functionality of AP adjusting to the speed limits automatically as the speed limit changes. Not being able to adjust the speed limit to a higher number takes that functionality away. I also fully agree that disengaging AP should set TACC to the current speed instead of to the higher speed.

The more I read about 8.0, the more it sounds like it only contains new "features" that are steps backwards compared to 7.1

Mine facelift was finished in production 20 june, but seemed like Tesla sent the European models (Norway) with the last batch of latches that just opens motorized and has to be closed manually. Even the first demo cars with the new faclift that were sent to Europe had the motorized latches, they came in April to Norway. So I was disappointed when i recived mine with old latchThat had been produced months later than the demo facelift cars!