Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2.44.130 and the homelink icon disappeared off the top button panel. Coincidence? Or is this a 2.44.130 thing? How do we access homelink now?

A little more info -- the auto-open we have set up still works, but no window opens up for it and there is no way to skip like before. And there is no way to manually ask it to open or close the garage door. Going to try a reboot and see if that changes anything.

UPDATE: Rebooted and the icon came back.

No big deal, but is this something the average Joe would be able to deal with when Tesla goes more mainstream?
Those hipsters reboot their iphones all the time, it will be fine.

• Funny
Reactions: kevinf311
Hi,
I work for a market research company that is conducting research on behalf of an automotive manufacturer. We have some upcoming focus groups in the San Francisco and New York areas for Model X owners. These are 2 hour focus groups that will pay you $400 for your time.
Hmm... I wonder who the auto manufacturer is? Faraday Future, Lucid Motors (nee Atieva) or maybe some established automaker trying to design a Tesla Model X "Killer"?

Someone rated this "funny" but I just took it as a plain statement of fact.

Heck, this morning they rebooted the frickin' 747 I was on. Twice. (We weren't in the air.)
I should correct myself, the main reason iphones restart is because they are always running out of battery.
I've got the same f/r fader issue. Called support to report the bug.
Equalizer did this for a while, but have not seen it since the earlier flavors of v8. Seems that fader is still an issue though for many.

With the car locked, unlock it, open the back door.

The car electronics starts and bluetooth grabs the iPhone call you are on turning the audio into handsfree.

You can hear and talk.

Close the back door.

Electronics shut down and iPhone audio goes back to the handset.

Open the front door and get in.

The car electronics starts and bluetooth grabs the iPhone call you are on turning the audio in handsfree.

You CANNOT hear but you CAN talk.

You end up putting the iPhone in its own handsfree mode for the rest of the call.

Next call is fine.

Weird bug.

I got 2.46.16 this morning. Model S 75D. The release notes seem to be the same as earlier 8.0 notes - probably nothing more than bug fixes.
whatsnew.jpg
whatsnew.jpg whatsnew.jpg

IMG_1721.JPG
USB Media searches seemed to return more results for me than before. I actually found albums today in 2.46.16.
Are you sure? I'm still on 2.42.40 and my searches return every single album, song and streaming track by artist every single time. I have 520 albums on my USB drive and I've tried searches with multiple artists and it never fails to provide complete and accurate results (excluding the "the" bug). It's almost like we have different cars.

Last edited: