Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with all the chatter about further AP restrictions I was going to hold off updating until there was a bit more feedback as I really am not a fan of all this unexpected slowing down stuff, and reckon it's only a matter of time before it induces a rear end crash either into someones Telsa or more likely a few cars back in a the line.

However, my wife just came in and excitedly told that she had set the car to update all on her own.
Ever so proud at her technical prowess she was.

I would divorce her - but well it's Christmas ...

Im updating now, I;ll check usb

I received the update this morning. I had to remove my USB drive and reinsert it for it to be recognized.

Where does that notification show up? On your phone, or in the car?

Definitely in your car, on the 17" display. If you have the correct notification enabled in the Tesla app, it will also show up on your phone.

Edit: Just realized the above was referring to map updates. My answer was talking about firmware updates.

I've only received one map update, and as I recall notification of it only showed up in the car.

Reactions: CSFTN
It seems that Jason found a new easter egg in 2.50.114!
Jason Hughes on Twitter

C0Ufc2dXUAEAO93.jpg:large

But the navigation that is saying what exit to take is Garmin/Navigon. So AP has to integrate with the Garmin/Navigon system. (Unless Tesla replaces that with a new navigation system that is integrated with AP.)

They are more likely using the high definition Maps Elon talked about a few months ago for that decision making. We know AutoPilot 1 cars use tiles compiled by Tesla. There is no reason to believe AutoPilot 2 would use similar compiled data.

Since I couldn't find that, I didn't charge my loaner at the house. I figured that, worst case scenario, I would just do a factory reset on it to wipe out the settings.
Cyclone: Tried not recharging from home but too many days with the loaner eventually had to. Then went to do a 'factory reset' as you mentioned but then this came up :(
FullSizeRender.jpg

... oh well :eek:

Cyclone: Tried not recharging from home but too many days with the loaner eventually had to. Then went to do a 'factory reset' as you mentioned but then this came up :(
... oh well :eek:

Yikes. So much for that idea. Tesla needs to deal with this. I would seriously want to see a technician do a factory reset and confirm that it removed my address if I were in this situation. Yeah I'm a little bit paranoid. Maybe more than a little but given how things are nowadays.

Were you the person who asked me recently if Tesla ever answered my query on the subject of erasing charging locations? Anyway, no they didn't give me a useful answer.

Bruce.