Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1 by the end of January '17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it depends on where you live. For me, not only is Nav antiquated in terms of basic features but it gets lost about 70-80% of the time. I was told by a Tesla friend, it's the most complained about issue followed by Media Player.

I will say the one thing I've noticed with nav that's the most consistent issue for me (though better now than it has been in the past) is when it has you take an offramp only to have you get right back on that highway either immediately (offramp to onramp at same exit) or after a bit of unnecessary driving to the next onramp for the same highway you were just on. We're wise enough to catch it now when it does happen, but that seems like it'd be a simple-enough thing to fix.

I agree that Navigation on Teslas is better than stock navigation on the majority of other cars. And manufacturers know about it and just decided give up and give owners the option to officially use their favorite apps via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

I think there are just a few things missing to the Tesla Nav to be useful for me: Route options (a plus would be traffic aware routing) and waypoints.

I've only been a Tesla owner for a few months (since December) and have only been frequenting these forums for about six months (right before I ordered), but even in that very short amount of time I've gotten enough experience with Elon's tweets to know there is an approximately 0% chance we will see 8.1 in "10 days or so".

• Funny
Reactions: Matias and u00mem9
Carrots-and-Sticks-Wellness-Programs_hero.jpg