Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised also! Ordered White/White, 19” wheels, hitch on 09/23/2021.
Just received vin # 7SAYGDEE3NF……
& delivery date to Peabody, Ma from 11/16-11/20. Talked to Tesla rep. About this & my concerns about missing ev tax credits on the proposed delivery date. As you might expect, not much help or advice. However, could assign my vin to another & I would have until 12/22/2021 to have new vin assigned. Could be immediately or sometime in the future. Good news is you keep your current purchase price,.
My suspicion on the freeing up of this vin to me is that folks are declining taking delivery
because of when the ev tax credit start date.
Quandary, but a little time to think about it.
Also, should be interesting to see what my new trade value will be given the prior one has expired.
The tax credit, or at least part of it, could end up being retroactive to May 24, 2021. Latest on Tesla EV Tax Credit (October 2021) - Current and Upcoming in 2022

Surprised also! Ordered White/White, 19” wheels, hitch on 09/23/2021.
Just received vin # 7SAYGDEE3NF……
& delivery date to Peabody, Ma from 11/16-11/20. Talked to Tesla rep. About this & my concerns about missing ev tax credits on the proposed delivery date. As you might expect, not much help or advice. However, could assign my vin to another & I would have until 12/22/2021 to have new vin assigned. Could be immediately or sometime in the future. Good news is you keep your current purchase price,.
My suspicion on the freeing up of this vin to me is that folks are declining taking delivery
because of when the ev tax credit start date.
Quandary, but a little time to think about it.
Also, should be interesting to see what my new trade value will be given the prior one has expired.
When did you place your original order? I asked for a hold last week until 12/31. SA put it in the system but just got this email today:
1635867140584.png

Reactions: impastu
Damn - My MYP was built on Monday and it's a 2021 VIN... missed the cut by one day! I'll have to talk w/ my SA to see if maybe passing on this one is the right play.
I got a 2021 VIN last week, was supposed to take delivery this week. I rejected the car to hold out for a 2022. My SA seems to think it will be fine might have to wait a few more months but she’s keeping an eye out for me. She said she just left my account open and noted in it that I wanted a 2022. Hopefully, it all works out.

Being that they don’t change from year to year and rather they change mid year when new features are added, what are we thinking the value difference is? I’m asking because I’m set to pick up my 2021 Saturday. My opinion is not much but I’m no expert…