Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 3rd party extended warranty for Tesla’s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! We are happy to announce this offering today for the entire Tesla community. We too feel this is a major step of maturity in the EV and Tesla space.

Product Highlights
- $100 Deductible
- Exclusionary Coverage
- Highlighted Items; MCU, Instrument Cluster, Internal Charger, HVAC, Door Handles/Falcon Wing Doors, Sensors/Cameras, Air Suspension, Sunroof, etc.
- Emergency 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Trip Interruption Coverage

See, learn, and purchase X-Care EV Protection directly online at www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

We are working on putting the contract terms on the front (currently on the checkout process) but i have attached the brochure where the exclusions are listed on the second page along with some additional information dealing with 24/7 roadside assistance and trip interruption.

Attachments

• X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Just got off the phone with them. Salesman seemed really nice.

I’ve actually been somewhat stressing since my 3 week old 3rd party purchased 2015 P85D just hit 50,000 (I put in the final warranty claims last week and the ranger was out this morning)

I officially don’t qualify for the ESA, but did not try to contact Tesla to see if they would sell it to me. However, I don’t want to quote their price, but these folks seem to be competitive with the Tesla cost. Still not sure if I’ll buy it, but the rep said he’d give me the pricing tiers for mileage vs. cost.

Also, I’m in Maryland and he said they aren’t licensed here yet, but will be soon.

Reactions: ckoval7 and Tam
I did an online quote for my ‘17 Model S with 7,900 miles on it. The 4 year/50,000 mile plan tells me it will expire 4 years from today or at 37,900 miles.:oops:

upload_2019-2-14_18-27-13.jpeg

I did an online quote for my ‘17 Model S with 7,900 miles on it. The 4 year/50,000 mile plan tells me it will expire 4 years from today or at 37,900 miles.:oops:

View attachment 377426
Hmm, so you pay $3,199 for zero coverage since the car is covered by Tesla until 50,000 miles. Or maybe it's a math error and you'd be covered until 57,900 miles. $3,199 for 7,900 miles of coverage doesn't seem like something I'd buy.

This certainly isn't the first 3rd party company to sell a warranty for Tesla. (There has been at least one person that got, and used, one quite a while ago.)

But more competition is good.

Ours is the first vehicle service agreement with the contract specifically written for electric vehicles. Others were written for ICE cars but tried to lump in EVs. We designed this contract from the ground up and reinvented the claims process so it can still be supported by Tesla Service. Thats what make us different than the others you might have heard of. But I agree - the more the merrier since that will be better for the entire community.

You have to be careful with 3rd party warranties. Sometime back I purchased a paint shield warranty (think that's what it was) for a Honda Accord I owned years ago. The company went out of business. Pretty sure this was a company Honda at the time kind of promoted to new owners.