TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First GTA Tesla owner's club meeting! Topic - Report on the TESLIVE conference.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jgdixon, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

#1 Jgdixon, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    Southern Ontario Tesla owner's club meeting

Guys,
    As stated in previous threads there seems to be a fair amount of interest in getting together.
    I am suggesting a meeting in late July or early August.
    I will check on the availability at North Wentworth arena where there are 10 chargers. Unless anyone has another suggestion. Attendance will be restricted to Tesla owners or those that have one on order.
    I am going to the TESLIVE conference that runs from July 12-14.
    Elon is speaking, there are break out sessions, receptions, and some of us are going on a factory tour. I believe Doug_G, mknox and djp are going as well.
    If interested please send me a PM or reply to this thread with your contact info.
    Thanks

2. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

I'm in - perfect timing to decompress after TESLIVE. North Wentworth arena is fine with me, other options are Yorkdale Mall or Windfall Ecology Centre in Aurora which has a CS-90.

I'll PM my e-mail address to you.

3. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Guys,
    I've checked with North Wentworth Arena and it is available most days during the summer.
    I am proposing a few dates. Please chime in on your availability. The room is about $30 per hour so there would be a nominal cost depending on the numbers.
    How about Tuesday July 23rd or Wednesday July 24th? Alternatively Wednesday August 7th?
    This should give us time to get a report about TESLIVE.
    I'd be open to suggestions for other topics.
    Let me know

4. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

Evenings are ok with me. I'm good for Aug 7 and tentative for July 23/24.

On the weekend I stopped by Windfall Ecology Centre to check out the site, it would work well for a future meeting. The parking lot with the CS-90 has space for about 12 cars. The site has a pavilion with picnic tables surrounded by hiking trails and forest, and is almost always empty according to the staff member I spoke to. Very nice photogenic location.

5. BigRed

BigRed Member

Aug. 7th would be best for me but I could probably make the 23rd. I would been keen on Windfall as a location for a future meeting as I live in Aurora. Wish I could make the Teslive meeting but will look forward to your report.

6. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Every time I read this thread title I think "Grand Theft Auto". Just me?

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Given the automobile theft rates in Canadian cities it's probably appropriate.

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Living in the "Greater Toronto Area", I guess I am just used to it. It's our version of "Bay Area", "Twin Cities", "Chicagoland" or what have you to describe the metropolitan area around a city.

- - - Updated - - -

Any of those dates work for me if in the evening. I could get there by about 6:00 pm at the earliest.

- - - Updated - - -

That site looks nice, but may be problematic for me to get to unless on a weekend (which may be problematic for others). I live in the GTA and drive to Cambridge in the Waterloo Region for work. I'd then have to drive all the way back and across Toronto in rush hour traffic to get there. And there's only one charger?

9. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

Yes only one EVSE but it's a 90A J1772 so pretty quick if you have twin chargers. I'd be coming from downtown so I wouldn't need a charge.

10. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I probably can't make either date. I'm at the track on July 24th (going out twice in a week is probably a bit much since I have 3 kids) and am away on vacation on August 7th... Ill be sure to make the 2nd GTA Tesla meeting though. :)

11. kr200

kr200 Member

I could make it on either date or location.

12. BigRed

BigRed Member

I can make either day.

13. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

#13 Jgdixon, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    OK guys the consensus is next Wednesday the 24th.
    Location is North Wentworth Arena 27 5 Hwy W, Flamborough, ON 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
    It is basically the corner of Highway 6 and Dundas.
    I will send emails to those who provided their addresses. If you haven't given yours to me please send it by PM.
    Anyone else that is interested and hasn't responded let me know here so I can plan for the number attending.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

14. Robert

Robert New Member

Very Interested in attending. Hoping that those of us outside the GTA can come too!

15. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

Of course! Actually anyone in Ontario is welcome.I just figured it would be people within the GTA who would most likely come. PM with your info if you get a chance.
    Make sure to secure a charger!

16. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Hope you guys have a great meeting tomorrow. I'll catch you next time as I'm at the track tomorrow night.

17. jpreiner

jpreiner Member

Hi John,
    Thanks again for the personal invite. I'll try to make it by after work, but it might be tight. And thanks for the response about the article in the Star.
    John Preiner

18. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Ditto! I was thinking 'what, did a bunch of Model S owners get together in play Grand Theft Auto online??' ? lol

19. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

GTA stands for Greater Toronto Area. The population would put us in the top 5 U.S. cities.

20. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My Rolling Duffel Bag, Touch-Up Paint Pen and All-Weather Interior Mat set arrived while I was away at TESLIVE (just got back last night after an extended stay in SoCal). I threw them in the trunk in case anyone wants to have a look tonight (including me... it was dark when I unpacked them last night!)