Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine yesterday. Very smooth AP. Highways are packed all the time here in SoCal, and AP really helps you understand the non rationality (bordering on irrationality) of people weaving, constantly passing on the right, left, speeding up and slowing down. AP 7.1 was reactive, AP 8 appears much smoother. I really like seeing one car ahead too.

I think the braking/regen changed, where regen kicks in once you tap the brakes. I had the version prior to 7.1 and regen was very strong as soon as you lifted from accelerator, then 7.1 regen was less strong, and now in version 8, i think it kicks in after tapping the brakes. It is more natural to drive, as i just got the MX a few weeks ago, I didnt have complete time to adapt to one foot driving.

i like v8.0 so far so good... everything works well.
Got the update last night, drove for a little bit today, everything seems great.

A bit of an unrelated question: does everyone else's rear view camera show the bumper, etc in the corners? Mine looks like a pretty strong fish eye effect with all 4 corners showing parts of the bumper and trunk lid. This was before 8.0 also. Anyone else?

What type of spoiler repair are you having done, if you don't mind me asking? I scheduled an appointment to have my spoiler alignment issues looked at. Mine sticks up on one side, dips down on the other, and comes close to rubbing on the back edge when being stowed (gap disproportionate from one side to the other along the trunk lip). Wondering how big a job it may be to have it adjusted.
Aija, sorry I forgot to follow-up on the spoiler issue. Here's what the invoice said when I picked up my X - "verified spoiler stuck in the closed position. Forced open using toolbox. Removed tailgate paneling. Found slight corrison on hinges. Cleaned off hinges and lubricated with special grease. Actuated spoiler numerous times. Spoiler functions properly. Cleaned out drains."

So it may have been inadequate lubrication at the factory(?). They also inspected the front halfshafts for correct part numbers. This may be an effort to check out the noise some are reporting under the frunk.

Got the update last night, drove for a little bit today, everything seems great.

A bit of an unrelated question: does everyone else's rear view camera show the bumper, etc in the corners? Mine looks like a pretty strong fish eye effect with all 4 corners showing parts of the bumper and trunk lid. This was before 8.0 also. Anyone else?

Same for me. It's really only in the corners.

Reactions: GoCanes
To not update you just click the X at top left?

Will this prompt come up every time car is turned on?

If I have a scheduled service for very minor things on Nov1 will they update my car even if I tell them not to? Or leave a sticky note?

I think the braking/regen changed, where regen kicks in once you tap the brakes. I had the version prior to 7.1 and regen was very strong as soon as you lifted from accelerator, then 7.1 regen was less strong, and now in version 8, i think it kicks in after tapping the brakes. It is more natural to drive, as i just got the MX a few weeks ago, I didnt have complete time to adapt to one foot driving.
Good god I hope not. This does reflect my limited usage though. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't slowing when I lifted. If this is true it should be an option. I love the 1 footed driving!

I also had some strange stereo behavior when it switched and started playing where I left it from my USB AFTER I had changed to a radio station.