Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Photo Of Inside The M3 Rhd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Spotify functionality is included in the European M3, like it is with other Teslas? In which case, you can log in with your own account. You can't create playlists but you can access all your existing ones. I realise that you need to pay for Internet connectivity (premium as it's called) but surely you could hotspot your phone to provide a connection?

But M3 SR+ spec does not include built-in internet or streaming services. The higher spec M3 will be the same as S/X ie. with built-in Spotify/internet and ability to log into your own personal Spotify account. Bluetooth phone streaming will be the only solution for now for Spotify and other streaming services. Using your phone's Wifi hotspot might work if Tesla actually allows a wifi connection to the car while on the move (don't know about that).

But M3 SR+ spec does not include built-in internet or streaming services. The higher spec M3 will be the same as S/X ie. with built-in Spotify/internet and ability to log into your own personal Spotify account. Bluetooth phone streaming will be the only solution for now for Spotify and other streaming services. Using your phone's Wifi hotspot might work if Tesla actually allows a wifi connection to the car while on the move (don't know about that).
Yes, sorry about that - just learning about the rather tortuously complicated options M3 buyers have to face.

Yes, sorry about that - just learning about the rather tortuously complicated options M3 buyers have to face.

They aren't as tortuously complicated as pretty much any other car where you have to decide on individual options. There are only 2 main configurations to choose from in the UK and the differences between them are summarised well on the Tesla website.

I actually thought it was the least complex car purchase I’ve ever made. Only a few models and options rather than the multiple choice configurations that most ICE manufacturers offer. And no dealers to deal with is a delight. The only area of complexity in the ordering process was knowing which models would actually be available on the day of ordering. I was surprised - and quite disappointed - when the LR AWD option simply disappeared. But I consoled myself by going with the P- option despite the slight price difference, as I was concerned it may disappear too.

Standard or Performance? A handful of basic colour options, a couple of wheel choices, FSD or not? That's it, job done in about 10 seconds!

Any other new car requires literally hours of trawling through the options list. VAG are probably the worst in that respect, but closely followed by BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar etc. Typically you may have about 3 or 4 choices of headlight configuration alone, lol.

It's all relative. Seems a lot more complicated than MS :)

MS: Standard, Long or Performance. A handful of basic colour options, 3 wheel choices, 3 interior choices, FSD or not?

Might take a few seconds longer to decide?

If buying a used MS on the other hand..... That can be very complicated with the myriad of "invisible" design spec changes along the way. Even Tesla struggle to advertise used inventory with the correct spec.

Indeed, and until the refresh is out I won’t know whether I’ll like it it not. It’s a bit of man maths at work, convincing myself with the L free upgrade it makes sense over and above the SR, which is more than adequate for my needs in truth :)

OK, so I did manage to find time to call Sales.

"Have you got any MS stock you want to shift by end of Q2 to hit bonus?"

hehehe ....

He reckoned they only had 2x 75's left.

Didn't stop him calling me back 5 minutes later having found an S100 lying around ... he was knocking nearly £20K off the price, but I hadn't realised that MS with M3 front motors fitted are not in the UK yet (I most definitely won't swap without getting that range, let alone the absence of P and ability for the free L upgrade).

So that was that. Supposed to be picking up M3 on Saturday (assuming they can sort out the paperwork muddle they have created because the support-backlog that has created is preventing me finding out number plate for insurance ...) and thought it would have been cool to get a new MS at same time ... but that was clearly my stupid heart getting well ahead of my head.

So upshot of the conversation (allowing for the fact that Sales may not actually know what is going on) is that a Raven ordered now would be July-ish, and then they are downing-tools on RHD production for a period after that so will then be September or later. Who knows if the production-stop will be for refresh? Although I'm not bothered about that, price will be bound to go up and a whole set of new bugs. Raven-range would do me, but Salesmean said that suspension on their demonstrator is smooth-as-silk ... so he's going to arrange a test drive once the Q2 mayhem has passed. I'll have to get Head to speak firmly to Heart ...

Good job he didn't have an MS as I hadn't managed to think of suitable excuse for tricky conversation with Wifee ...

Hahaha .. whilst typing this Email with number plate has arrived. All Systems Go then ...

OK, so I did manage to find time to call Sales.

"Have you got any MS stock you want to shift by end of Q2 to hit bonus?"

hehehe ....

He reckoned they only had 2x 75's left.

Didn't stop him calling me back 5 minutes later having found an S100 lying around ... he was knocking nearly £20K off the price, but I hadn't realised that MS with M3 front motors fitted are not in the UK yet (I most definitely won't swap without getting that range, let alone the absence of P and ability for the free L upgrade).

So that was that. Supposed to be picking up M3 on Saturday (assuming they can sort out the paperwork muddle they have created because the support-backlog that has created is preventing me finding out number plate for insurance ...) and thought it would have been cool to get a new MS at same time ... but that was clearly my stupid heart getting well ahead of my head.

So upshot of the conversation (allowing for the fact that Sales may not actually know what is going on) is that a Raven ordered now would be July-ish, and then they are downing-tools on RHD production for a period after that so will then be September or later. Who knows if the production-stop will be for refresh? Although I'm not bothered about that, price will be bound to go up and a whole set of new bugs. Raven-range would do me, but Salesmean said that suspension on their demonstrator is smooth-as-silk ... so he's going to arrange a test drive once the Q2 mayhem has passed. I'll have to get Head to speak firmly to Heart ...

Good job he didn't have an MS as I hadn't managed to think of suitable excuse for tricky conversation with Wifee ...

Hahaha .. whilst typing this Email with number plate has arrived. All Systems Go then ...
Where are you picking up from on Saturday?

Its Sprog who is buying it, I'm just Uber to get her there, and training (and referral code ...)

I am sure she is excited but to me that has only been expressed as "I have bought my last tank of smelly diesel - EVER"

Be interesting to see how we get on. She's never seen one, been in one, etc. We've been an eco family for some time, she works for an Eco Design housing company (renovating old buildings to full Passive House standards)

I've been an Eco Worrier for some time, at increasing tempo ... started by replacing Oil Boiler (when it died) with Biomass 10 or 11 years ago - brave move, back then ... very expensive, all my mates thought I was bonkers, Wifee was on-board but nervous ... obligingly oil price shot up and all my mates went "HTF did you know that was going to happen" ... so all good and was able to adjust my Payback Spreadsheet to remove the Man maths bits :)

Last gutsy car we had was an RS4 (original type) and then had a couple of Blue Motion VW Golfs thinking that was being Eco. I remember driving to Rich Barsteward friends and putting the trip consumption display on, was well into Hypermiling by then (wifee less tolerant of the Pulse-and-Glide jerkiness ...) and arriving having managed over 70 MPG. Happened Host and I hopped in to go to local shop and he saw the figure on that dash (his Range Rover probably around 15 MPG ...). That was a good moment.

And then VW screwed me over on DieselGate, so never, ever, again for anything from their stable in my lifetime. Looking around for something Eco I discovered Tesla would do 200+ miles so got one of them - Wifee nervous that we needed to spend £100K to replace the £30K runarounds we had been buying ... its her daily-driver so she's OK on that now :), particularly when she takes (male) business chums out and they want to see how fast it will go off the line ... queue of people wanting to ride with her at those meetings now. All good.

We've had Solar Thermal and PV for "a long time" now, built a passive house extension 5 years ago, that has been a huge success. Mucky Mates starting to catch up on some points now zealous about the comfort (nice even temperature, great air quality) of our accommodation, and the fact that it pretty much needs no heat at all in the winter, and the mega-insulation prevents it heating up in a summer heatwave.

Going to BBQ on Sunday at Range Rover Driving mucky mate. He's been out in the MS with me, but Sprog is arriving separately so I am SO looking forward to have 2x Tesla parked on his drive and rubbing his nose in it and giving him a proper hard time over "Pull your f-finger out"

Sorry ... went rambling off a bit there.