Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least the Atlantic will be able to scale to 25k 50k ...100k per yr. Will all unfold over the next 2 to 3 years.
Pipe dream. You can choose to smoke that stuff but running on their broken record it's not very likely... LOL

well, I hope you get your Atlantic. It can't be worse than the Karma and if it is really different it may give Fisker a small chance at staying alive
but 8K is probably not enough
+1

from Fiskers page:
"Fisker Atlantic Sedan
Four-door sport sedan with a luxurious and practical interior
Effective April 3, 2012, the deposit amount for the Fisker Atlantic is $5,000 USD.
Delivery dates and MSRP will be announced at a later time"
that is all? A deposit with no price yet, really?
the Surf looks like a Mazda and the Sunset a Z 3 or 4 but maybe better than the rest? all electric maybe?

Sorry, I was going to say sorry about all of the BS press (but not my fault) but the sound of the karma just makes me laugh

Yep. it's completely joke.
... not everyone wants a Karma.
You mean nobody wants and overweight, underperforming, overpriced, hack job of a car that likes to spontaneously combust, founded by a looney who came out of Tesla thinking he could do it himself?
I don't get it!

When Fishkar starts rapidly going down hill, the fanboys are gonna wake up and realize that they've been had, drinking the koolaid from all their dope marketing.

I'm not sure why everyone is coming down on FiskerAtlantic so hard - or on Fisker. I would far rather see 100k Atlantics on the road displacing 100k ICE sedans. I'll even wave the flag a bit and say that I hope to see more Americans driving US-built cars; if the Big 3 won't build the quality that Americans want, let's have Fisker and Tesla displace them.

While it's true that execution on the Karma leaves a lot of questions, anyone looking dispassionately at the execution of the Tesla Roadster would also have a lot of questions about whether Tesla can pull off a mainstream success. While I certainly wouldn't bet on Fisker's success, I will still cheer them on.

+1 Robert.
Although I will say I understand the friction.
What Fisker did with Tesla is low class and created a lot of bad blood.
In addition, the Karma is all flash. It is an absolutely georgeous car. It just prioritized styling to the point of hindering efficiency and engineering.

Fisker won't fail. Sales growing very fast across the world. Sept numbers very impressive

At least the Atlantic will be able to scale to 25k 50k ...100k per yr. Will all unfold over the next 2 to 3 years.

I can just say the number is growing very fast. Should Fisker file and go public, I'd expect to see around 6k to 8k deposits in 2013. I'm being conservative.

It was a rough year for Fisker...but they made it. If they were to die, it would have have been on or before the election. Sales are improving and so is the Karma. Technology for the Atlantic is very very impressive.

Fisker sell's 1000 to 2000 Karma's this year. That is w/ all the BS press and software fixes etc.
If they get an IPO and a lease program, then they sell 3000 to 5000 next yr. Note: I personally would prefer to lease if I had my druthers.
They will sell 4 Atlantic's for every Karma. So 12k to 20 Atlantic in first full production yr.

I think it was the inflated tone, not necessarily the car.

We found its ride, handling, and braking performance to be sound, and interior materials are first-class. But it is plagued with flaws. Compared with other luxury sedans, its tight confines and limited visibility can make the cabin feel claustrophobic; a lack of conventional buttons and the worst touch-screen system we’ve seen make the dash controls an ergonomic disaster; and acceleration lacks the oomph you’d expect from a sports car.

Were they talking about the Panamera? :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Fisker CEO Identifies Long To-Do List, as 2012 Sales Pass 1,000 | PluginCars.com

September 2012 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card

1000 units in ten months is 100 per month. So a rise by 150 units would be a big percentage... BUT: These modest numbers are subject to small number statistics. All it takes is a big dealer order slipping from one month into the next and it would bias the figures. At those sales rates I wouldn't trust monthly figures - quarterly would be more informative.

Maybe I'm missing something - The Fisker salesman told me that had 750 cars on the road at the Plug In Day in Sarasota.

4Sevens.com - My Fisker runs great. Makes my commute...enjoyable!

Fisker is looking better by the day. All your negative jibber jabber is just HS!

Pipe dream. You can choose to smoke that stuff but running on their broken record it's not very likely... LOL

+1

Yep. it's completely joke.

You mean nobody wants and overweight, underperforming, overpriced, hack job of a car that likes to spontaneously combust, founded by a looney who came out of Tesla thinking he could do it himself?
I don't get it!

When Fishkar starts rapidly going down hill, the fanboys are gonna wake up and realize that they've been had, drinking the koolaid from all their dope marketing.

Fisker is looking better by the day. All your negative jibber jabber is just HS!
Whatever man. Multiple issues with Karma's blowing up is no fairly tale. You can call it HS but it's the truth.
I have driven many cars from Ariel Atom's to Lambos and having driven both the S and the Karma I can objectively tell you from first hand experience that the Karma is indeed HS.

"It's looking better" you said? Thats because they're doing very badly.

ObamasElectricCarBurningDownTheHouseLiterally.jpg

xlarge.jpg

fiskerfire.jpg

ht_fisker_karma_fire_jef_120814_wg.jpg

I'm tell you the company is going down in flames... literally...

I would far rather see 100k Atlantics on the road displacing 100k ICE sedans.
If the Atlantic's mpg is on par with the Karma's, it won't help much. The Karma's short range and need for ICE augmentation with performance means it does a poor job reducing actual gasoline consumption.

I too would like to see ICE's replaced at least by EVer cars (if not full EVs), but Fisker needs better efficiency for it to be meaningful.

Ok guys, let's return this to a civil discussion where BOTH sides speak on experiences, fact and opinions, but calm down on the overt bashing and hyperbole.
I've test driven both. I've been following EV's since ac propulsion started. I'm a serial entrepreneur and know what I'm talking about when looking at business plans.
When the ICE engine in the Fiskar kicks in it sounds like something is seriously broken - at least they could have added more cabin isolation.
And the MPG is horrible with the gas engine running. I'll take three Volts over one Karma thank you very much.

DOE pulled out of the Fiskar loan... isn't that enough of a warning?

Last edited:
The PiP never operates as a series hybrid.
Any hybrid that can use the ICE to generate electricity to charge a battery or use the electricity from the generator to power an electric motor operates as a series hybrid. A parallel hybrid is a hybrid where the ICE can ONLY provide mechanical propulsion (no electrical path for ICE propulsion).
Since the Prius can do both, it's considered a power-split or series-parallel hybrid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_vehicle_drivetrain#Power-split_or_series-parallel_hybrid

The Fisker is purely a series hybrid because the ICE can never provide mechanical propulsion. The Volt's ICE can, so it's a series-parallel hybrid like the Prius.

The ill-will is just misplaced. At least Mr Fisker is dedicated to responsible luxury, to a realistic paradigm at should compete nicely - someday - with pure EVs. Having over an hour and a half this morning to sit at a table with Henrik Fisker was...sublime. No other design master is CEO of his company (go ahead, correct me. Point stands). We discussed: the Vantage , DB8, BMW 7 series; many amazing cars and we discussed the Chrysler minivan, his childhood, the first Masarati he ever saw, Pixar, what it was like to be up at night drawing an Aston Martin, the moment he sketched the Karma for the first time, Tesla, pure EV cars, Steve Jobs, Boston, the coffee, the Aggressor, dual electric motors, Karma fires, The Atlantic, the shortcomings of Supercharge, REEV powertrains, and Henry Thoreau. Not a bad morning. And then I drove the car around Boston.

But I have three kids and it only seats four. That was a unexpected. Good breakfast though. Had an idea: turn the battery parallel to the road and place it on the bottom of the car, freeing up space for an opportunity console and a fifth passenger. Think it would ever catch on? :wink:

I wish nothing but the very best for Mr Fisker and the company. Making their own dent in the universe. And driving the Batmobile today was phenomenal. Hope to post pics sometime soon.

Guys keep it civil and stay on topic. We have other threads for direct Model S and Karma comparisons. We have other threads defining hybrids. And we have threads for EV versus PHEV/EVER whatever.

Posting empty platitudes about Fisker does not add to the conversation. Posting an image of a unrelated garage fire (due to a clothes dryer) is misleading and ruins your credibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever man. Multiple issues with Karma's blowing up is no fairly tale. You can call it HS but it's the truth.
I have driven many cars from Ariel Atom's to Lambos and having driven both the S and the Karma I can objectively tell you from first hand experience that the Karma is indeed HS.

"It's looking better" you said? Thats because they're doing very badly.

ObamasElectricCarBurningDownTheHouseLiterally.jpg

I'm tell you the company is going down in flames... literally...

This image has nothing to do with the Texas Fisker garage fire seen below. It's either extremely careless or dishonest to use it.

Fisker-Karma-fire.jpg

http://images.google.com/search?tbs...9xqgDIyyBosPDYg&num=10&hl=en&bih=619&biw=1149

Guys keep it civil and stay on topic. We have other threads for direct Model S and Karma comparisons. We have other threads defining hybrids. And we have threads for EV versus PHEV/EVER whatever.

Posting empty platitudes about Fisker does not add to the conversation. Posting an image of a unrelated garage fire (due to a clothes dryer) is misleading and ruins your credibility.

This image has nothing to do with the Texas Fisker garage fire seen below. It's either extremely careless or dishonest to use it.

http://images.google.com/search?tbs...9xqgDIyyBosPDYg&num=10&hl=en&bih=619&biw=1149

Well I pulled the image from an article about the Karma's catching fire... here: Obama’s Electric Car Burning Down The House… Literally!

Looks like you are wrong as well... the picture turns out to be a stock photo that is used for various purposes.... not just dryer fires... to make a point
http://www.tineye.com/search/19180d2a0218937e177aa3f6d951051a64c18aa8/

Health behavior news Health Behavior News Service - Are You Medically Prepared for a Natural Disaster?

Natural catastrophe solutions http://www.restoreco-inc.com/

Residential fire sprinklers? Residential Fire Sprinklers | GIT-SECURITY.com – Portal for Safety and Security

You can buy that picture here Search photos by rmwood1

If you're trying to discredit me then please get your fact straight first :)

Did you read the article? It isn't totally unrelated... a house DID indeed burn down because of a Fiskar Karma spontaneously combusting...
The picture illustrated it...

I quote the article ... Obama’s Electric Car Burning Down The House… Literally!

Another Electric Car From Obama-Funded Company Catches Fire

Move over Chevy Volt, it’s Fisker’s turn.

Last week, a fire badly damaged the home of a new Fisker Karma owner, and authorities are saying that the electric car was the source of the blaze.

According to Fort Bend County, Texas, chief fire investigator Robert Baker, the Fisker Karma started the fire that spread to the house.

“Yes, the Karma was the origin of the fire, but what exactly caused that we don’t know at this time,” he said. The car was a complete loss.

According to Baker, the driver arrived home in the Fisker, pulled into the garage, and less than three minutes later the car was in flames. It reportedly was not plugged in at the time of the fire and the Karma’s battery remains intact.

Right before the fire, the owner reported a smell of burning rubber.

“The car was brand-new,” said Baker. “He still had paper tags on it, so it was 60 days old at most.”

View attachment 10411

Thanks for pulling the actual picture... it's doesn't look good either...
Honestly I would be royally pissed if that happened to me after spending 6 digits on a brand new car.

I wouldn't count freedumnation.com as a primary source just looking at the title of the article and the 'about us' section of their site. Also, running adds scaring people about fluoride isn't helpful although they might not be responsible for that.
Safari216.jpg

Back on topic, I don't get the Fisker Karma personally but can see why some people like it. It's a beautiful car but that's about it in my mind. There's plenty of room for everyone though and if Fisker can make it in the market, the more power to them.