Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flooring it...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
super random question. and yes, i did search the forums and didn't find anything about it.

Is there any detriment to 'flooring it' ? Beside using battery? Sounds stupid, but i'd like to show my buddies what this car can do by flooring it (safely) at a stoplight or service road...but i don't want to harm the vehicle. Just curious as to yall's thoughts. Thanks!

Drive it like you stole it!

super random question. and yes, i did search the forums and didn't find anything about it.

Is there any detriment to 'flooring it' ? Beside using battery? Sounds stupid, but i'd like to show my buddies what this car can do by flooring it (safely) at a stoplight or service road...but i don't want to harm the vehicle. Just curious as to yall's thoughts. Thanks!
I have done this a LOT in my Roadster and be prepared you can wear out tires FAST.

I wish they would add a real-time performance energy gauge to the screen, an EV Tachometer of sorts. A performance meter that shows how many amps your are consuming and convert it to horsepower or something like that. So you can watch the meters whip across the screen when you put your foot in it.

I love data and the ability to see what my car is doing, but the way you phrased it made me think a bit differently.

Do we really need another distraction while we are flooring it? I’d love the option, but the honest answer is “probably not”.

I am mostly thinking about leveraging different "display modes" that can be set. For example, in my M3P+ I would like to switch to a performance mode and have it leverage the cameras and telemetry to track work or spirited driving. It could be the Sport/Track mode and then there can be the Tour mode. With all this computing power it would be nice for Tesla to differentiate itself even further than the upcoming EV manufactures. Once EVs become commonplace they will all be fast, quiet, etc. and the main difference between them will be how well the manufacturer designs and implements the software and UI.

So, I am not suggesting they complicate things it but make these user options if desired. For example, my car comes with a Track Mode but no lap timer, performance data monitor, etc. The cameras are there, the data is all there, they just don't present it to the display. I would rather have them work on stuff like this vs. Beach Buggy 2 and Chess. :confused:

Reactions: TomB985
I wish they would add a real-time performance energy gauge to the screen, an EV Tachometer of sorts. A performance meter that shows how many amps your are consuming and convert it to horsepower or something like that. So you can watch the meters whip across the screen when you put your foot in it.

It already has a real-time energy meter. It just isn’t labeled.

It already has a real-time energy meter. It just isn’t labeled.

Yeah, but I am thinking more of how you can customize the display on some other vehicles. For example in Camaro, Corvettes, Mustangs, you can put the display into different mode depending on your preference. I just think a sport mode for a performance Model 3 would be appropriate. Performance cars have built in 0-60 timers, G meters, heads up displays. I am thinking they could create a sport mode with performance related information. It would be nice to display battery temp and the status of other systems like battery coolant temp, maybe the drive unit RPM, real time torque bias, etc.

That’s a huge advantage to an EV. The penalty to full throttle whenever you want, repeatedly, is very low. It’s not really a big deal at all. Get in to a cold car, and hammer it out the parking lot. It will absolutely wear components more than accelerating like a grandma, but it’s unlikely it will be the cause of failure within the typical lifespan of a car.

Reactions: bigroo42