Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I'm understanding that Reddit post, they knocked off 4k on the guys order because he chose the aero wheels and/or was able to remove the PUP? That is one helluva deal and definitely undercut's what people paid previously by a quite a margin.

They knocked $5k off the price for picking Aero wheels w/o PUP so the starting price of a P3D- is $49990. Midnight Silver paint is a $1k option.

I really do hope there's an option for at least previous AWD purchasers to uncork at a reasonable cost. Given the recent price cuts it would seem that it wouldn't be an insane cost. At this point it's a no-lose situation for Tesla because we're willing to throw even more money at Tesla.

If they do present it as an option, it would be cool if they had a "try before you buy". Have a one-time-only, 15 minute uncorking trial. I imagine that after that people would be happy to pay to keep it.

I really do hope there's an option for at least previous AWD purchasers to uncork at a reasonable cost. Given the recent price cuts it would seem that it wouldn't be an insane cost. At this point it's a no-lose situation for Tesla because we're willing to throw even more money at Tesla.

If they do present it as an option, it would be cool if they had a "try before you buy". Have a one-time-only, 15 minute uncorking trial. I imagine that after that people would be happy to pay to keep it.

Yeah, I kind of like the "try it, you'll like it..." approach - but doubt that will happen. Someday, I can see a "for fee" option showing up on our account page... :confused:

I am trying to not be annoyed by this, but I am. I paid $51.9k for a LR AWD MSM/white with 18" aeros 6 weeks ago. Today I can buy that same trim with Performance capabilities for the same price. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, you got a great deal. If they do a discounted upgrade it should be for the people that ordered before January or whenever the big price adjustments happened.

Tesla.png

Reactions: Scott7 and bedoig
Congratulations, you got a great deal. If they do a discounted upgrade it should be for the people that ordered before January or whenever the big price adjustments happened.

View attachment 430838

So you paid $61,500 which means after tax rebate it was $54,000
I paid $55,700 but with my tax rebate I paid $51,950.

I got 19" wheels but you got EAP while I only got AP.

And now my car after smaller rebate would be ball parky $2000 cheaper than what I paid.

There is definitely a cost for being an early adapter!

Mine is blue, I got FSD at the time, and yes free lifetime premium was for anyone who bought before July 2018... (I ordered last couple days of June, took delivery end of September)
Nice! I ordered in July (AWD MSM, no EAP/FSD) and took delivery at the end of September. I just did a similar calculation and you are correct, the effective pricing now really isn't all that different.

Reactions: Knightshade
I think Tesla would rather you buy a new P3D- versus selling you an uncorking. That would be another car sold under their belt. Making them look good for the investors.
Except I can't imagine a measurable number of LR AWD owners buying a new P+ or P- car a year after they bought their cars, especially when their car just depreciated because of the price drop and they already used their Federal incentive.

Tesla would make way more money by allowing the extra performance to be added via IAP or other form of unlocking because more people would do it. Plus, it costs Tesla nothing in overhead, manufacturing, etc. It's literally changing a zero to a one.