Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forgot to connect the charger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand what the big deal is about keeping on a PC to run VT. Modern CPUs don't use much power when they are idling - heck you can probably even run VT on a Raspberry Pi and its power consumption is about 1W.

Are you able to run a Tesla IFTTT script with Numerous. No luck here yet. They acknowledged the issue yesterday and said they were "digging in"

I actually didn't get that far, because it appears the Tesla servers bumped me out of all my apps, including the Tesla iPhone app, due to how often Numerous was polling for data (my guess). So I disconnected Numerous from my Tesla account for now.

I searched but didn't find anything on the subject - this week (I knew it would happen sooner or later), my wife forgot to connect to the charger when she got home. We didn't notice until the next morning.

It would be great if the app could be set to notify if the car isn't charging at a preset hour. If it's on the road at that time, an alternate time setting for the notification could be used. Any interest in this?

Mitch

I suggested this idea to Elon couple years ago. He wasn't that excited by it but finally acknowledge it could be part of the mobile app functionality. The more mainstream Tesla goes, the more this "reminder" needs to exists. My wife Volt does that. With an electric car, it's not like you can fill it up quickly when you forgot to plug. It happens to me two times per year on average... We're only humans...

I don't understand what the big deal is about keeping on a PC to run VT. Modern CPUs don't use much power when they are idling - heck you can probably even run VT on a Raspberry Pi and its power consumption is about 1W.

Hah! That's a good point. It probably doesn't even come close to the vampire losses of the car itself. On the other hand, it might just be because there isn't a dedicated PC in the house to do this with. (Maybe you have a laptop that you unplug and take with you when you're away, for instance).

I was in the same boat - forgot to plug in twice in the past 4+ months. Being a bit of a tech geek, I wrote my own Windows service (hosted on my media server which is up and running all the time). I get an SMS reminder when car is at home after 9 PM and unplugged. It's a bit technical, but if it helps anyone, great!

Source code can be found here: GitHub - fallen888/my-tesla: Personal project to interact with my Tesla

I searched but didn't find anything on the subject - this week (I knew it would happen sooner or later), my wife forgot to connect to the charger when she got home. We didn't notice until the next morning.

It would be great if the app could be set to notify if the car isn't charging at a preset hour. If it's on the road at that time, an alternate time setting for the notification could be used. Any interest in this?

Mitch

My old 2013 Ford Fusion Energy would send me a text if I didn't plug it in the charger or if I plugged it in and the charging didn't start as expected. Sure wish Tesla would do this. I have forgotten more times than I care to admit. Or, I plugged it in and the charger was not turned on. :)

My old 2013 Ford Fusion Energy would send me a text if I didn't plug it in the charger or if I plugged it in and the charging didn't start as expected. Sure wish Tesla would do this. I have forgotten more times than I care to admit. Or, I plugged it in and the charger was not turned on. :)

I agree it would be nice if Tesla provided this option. But until they do, there are third party apps that let you configure notifications for this. Why not use one of those? (I use Visible Tesla.)

Reactions: scaesare
Does it matter? Do you drive more than 130 miles every day?

One of the nice things I find with an electric car with a huge battery is it's no big deal to forget to plug in from time to time. Now, if it was a Leaf we were talking about it would be a different story...

I forgot to plug in my Leaf 2 or 3 times over the 2 years I had it. Each time I headed out to go to work and found it unplugged, and promptly turned around and had a "work at home" day. People joked that the excuse of forgetting to plug your car in was like your dog ate your homework.