Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A11F60F5-8103-4534-BE3E-8A1E4AD2F2CF.jpeg
1EE211A2-B133-4295-A1B3-299669D61DFB.jpeg
4/12/18 around 1:50 pm - 2 car carriers just left and 5 more loading

Still rooting for this:

Wow, they had to do a lot of special things in the design of the Vega to allow it to be transported vertically:
  • Special engine oil baffle to prevent oil from seeping into #1 cylinder
  • batteries had filler caps located high up on the rear edge of the case to prevent acid spilling
  • the carburetor float bowl had a special tube that drained gasoline into the vapor canister during shipment
  • the windshield washer bottle stood at a 45 degree angle
  • Plastic spacers were wedged in beside the powertrain to prevent damage to engine and transmission mounts
Other than the windshield fluid thing (and maybe the "engine"/"transmission" mounts, but I suspect much less of a concern with motor/reduction gear), EVs would seem like a much better candidate for this type of transport!

They need approximately 40 trucks a day to flow out of that lot to be manufacturing over 2000 vehicles per week. Not sure if that’s happening or not but I really hope so.
And that's only for model 3 production, add in model S and X and you just about double the number of carriers you need.

How many burritos would it cost for @augkuo to spend a full day observing? Food for thought...

@augkuo are your weekends free? :D

If @augkuo ever takes a day off of work and doesn't post, this thread will lose its mind :confused::(:D

Just saw the CBS morning show on the Model 3

1) You guys definitely take better shots of our lot!

2) As of Monday/Tuesday (when I believe she was onsite filming due to her comment earlier in the week that she took the Redeye back) Production for the last 7 days was 2072. Its also been consistently over 2000 for the month.

Wonder if they slowed down the trucks to make the lot look full while the cameras were onsite. They did show the lot packed in like yesterday which makes me wonder if that pic wasn't actually taken yesterday. It was cloudy on TV guess we'll have to compare our historical pics with those of CBS. :)

Last edited: